Were A Company With Values.

DollarFree

Now that Uber don’t have any lock-in bonuses I just turn them both on. Surprising how many times Lyft pings and Uber doesn’t.

The great thing about these app based gigs is the companies are completely interchangeable. You don’t have to give a flying f which one finds u a pax. And if one company goes away, just like the #19 bus there’ll be another one along soon enough.

BeansnRice

Now that Uber don’t have any lock-in bonuses I just turn them both on. Surprising how many times Lyft pings and Uber doesn’t.

The great thing about these app based gigs is the companies are completely interchangeable. You don’t have to give a flying f which one finds u a pax. And if one company goes away, just like the #19 bus there’ll be another one along soon enough.
No prime no surge.
Lemme see......
Cancel. Cancel. Cancel.

BeansnRice

I still see U/L dudes everywhere I go so obviously these primetime cuts don't change a thing.
My personal economics tell me I must now cancel more often than usual ....sorry.
To Airport from SF for $18...no.
To Palo Alto from SF for $38 ... no.
To Oakland.....just plain no.

I may even stop driving to Sunset and Richmond.
After the 2nd mile I don’t care.
For me there’s no difference between $5 and $8 for the time spent driving for the other $3.
Besides I’m bored after the 2nd mile driving base during prime time/surge.

warsaw

The only thing these greedy bastards understand is massive drivers’ pushbacks!

Let us show them our resolve, Not To Get Pushed Around!

Last edited:

RideshareSpectrum

I’m in week three of flat out not taking base rides on Lyft when PT is on the map. They have been heavily throttling... for example when it’s raining during rush hour and I decline 10 base requests( all 3 min or less away) in the span of 30 seconds, it’s obvious there is shadyshit going on.
I’d rather continue sitting parked on Berry from 5:30 with the windows open enough so they can listen to me dismiss request after request until they offer to pay out for the privilege of me chauffeuring them home.
Once they get in the real fun starts, when I steer the conversation towards the techs complete lack of social responsibility evidenced by the ‘end justifies the means’ approach to business, mentioning the elimination of every opportunity drivers have left to earn. Making sure they are aware that for every new LYFT millionaire this month there are 1000 drivers going into foreclosure, or already living in their cars with almost certain loan defaults and repossessions looming in upcoming weeks.
Destroying lives for profit is morally bankrupt but at least there’s clear motive and rational understanding of the greed behind such practices... but this defies all reason.

DollarFree

I’m in week three of flat out not taking base rides on Lyft when PT is on the map. They have been heavily throttling... for example when it’s raining during rush hour and I decline 10 base requests( all 3 min or less away) in the span of 30 seconds, it’s obvious there is shadyshit going on.
I’d rather continue sitting parked on Berry from 5:30 with the windows open enough so they can listen to me dismiss request after request until they offer to pay out for the privilege of me chauffeuring them home.
Once they get in the real fun starts, when I steer the conversation towards the techs complete lack of social responsibility evidenced by the ‘end justifies the means’ approach to business, mentioning the elimination of every opportunity drivers have left to earn. Making sure they are aware that for every new LYFT millionaire this month there are 1000 drivers going into foreclosure, or already living in their cars with almost certain loan defaults and repossessions looming in upcoming weeks.
Destroying lives for profit is morally bankrupt but at least there’s clear motive and rational understanding of the greed behind such practices... but this defies all reason.
But don’t mistake Lyft staff for people who give a shit. They talk is all they do.

BeansnRice

I don’t pick up or drop off at U/L HQ anymore . Cancel.