WELL WELL WELL

k4ever

I dont see what the problem is.

By law, no company can make you work more than 6 days a week, so in any other regular job one has to take at least 4 days off a month.
Here it is saying that if a driver works for more than 30 days then there may be problems.

Solution? Pick at least 2 days off a month. Unless of course an ant is so financially and mentally unstable to even do that.

EDIT: Ok, so I double read the attachment, and its not 30 days a month, but anybody that works for more than 30 days. WTF?
That means everybody then. This gets more and more interesting.

suicidesqueezin

By law, no company can make you work more than 6 days a week, so in any other regular job one has to take at least 4 days off a month.
Here it is saying that if a driver works for more than 30 days then there may be problems.

Solution? Pick at least 2 days off a month. Unless of course an ant is so financially and mentally unstable to even do that.
It just says 30 days though... Not 30 days in a month

LAOL

I think it is 30 days total.

k4ever

A business license around LA costs around $100, and then one has to refile it every year for around $25. That is from each city where the business operates. What, they are going to make us get licenses from all the cities in the LA/OC area, and possible of the VE/SB/RI areas as well? .. lol!!
Post automatically merged:

"failure to do so may result in penalties".... Penalties from who?
I will like to know this as well. You know with Uber they are always vague, so I will take that "threat" with a grain of salt.

I mean what can they do? Remove us from the platform? Under what law grounds?

I call this a bluff ... the one of many more to come ... until $hit hits the fan for them.

Uberscum

Wonder if this screws with our insurance rates.

You don't want to screw with the County. They need money like FTB and will use any means necessary to get paid.
Yes it will but probably with the people like me who don't have rideshare insurance.

yomomma

I agree, they want us to get a license so we are NOT employee’s. They are trying to get from under that rock. They did this sometime two years ago, when this came up. When it failed, this went away.
Well, let's put it this way. This would screw up a lot of drivers. The expenses are higher, but the ability to expense everything would be great if they allow LLCs in the mix.

Only downside is who is going to do this for all of $25/hr?

TeleSki

I think it's more the county wanting licenses. I'm based in OC, so hopefully exempt for now.

Stugotz790

I thought it was for TNC drivers.

Uber is providing notice to TNC driver-partners pursuant to this new state law but cannot advise on the applicability of local laws. Drivers only need to obtain a single license (or related tax liability) in their home city, and only if:
  • They have operated on the Uber platform for more than 30 days in the preceding year
  • Their municipality requires one for independent contractors ”
I don’t live in LA, but drive in LA. So I won’t do anything and not worry about it.

RUSSREED2.0

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Uber is providing notice to TNC driver-partners pursuant to this new state law but cannot advise on the applicability of local laws. Drivers only need to obtain a single license (or related tax liability) in their home city, and only if:
  • They have operated on the Uber platform for more than 30 days in the preceding year
  • Their municipality requires one for independent contractors ”
I don’t live in LA, but drive in LA. So I won’t do anything and not worry about it.
Interesting, I live in LBC, and NOTHING has come up. I think it’s almost IMPOSSIBLE, to enforce. Or what UBER should do is, keyword SHOULD do is pony up for the licenses.

yomomma

Not if everyone is getting the email

Interesting, I live in LBC, and NOTHING has come up. I think it’s almost IMPOSSIBLE, to enforce. Or what UBER should do is, keyword SHOULD do is pony up for the licenses.
Impossible? Don't use that word.

LA County can get the database of Uber drivers and send them letters to start enforcement. Trust me, you don't want to screw with them.