Well, Uber did something right

MHR

89E864E4-F78C-47E5-8627-16B490F3421A.jpeg

I was pleasantly surprised when I found this in my email this morning.

My vehicle registration is due and honestly, with all that's been going on, I keep forgetting to get it renewed - I might also be a bit of a procrastinator. We have to do the ”Texas 2-step” which involves me getting my ride inspected first and then taking that document to another location and get my registration updated.

I'm not planning on driving anytime soon but I do like keeping my account updated and ready to go.

tohunt4me

My vehicle registration is due and honestly, with all that's been going on, I keep forgetting to get it renewed - I might also be a bit of a procrastinator. We have to do the ”Texas 2-step” which involves me getting my ride inspected first and then taking that document to another location and get my registration updated.

I'm not planning on driving anytime soon but I do like keeping my account updated and ready to go.
They didnt " Get it Right on Mine"!

• Wow
Reactions: MHR

BCS DRIVER

It's not quite a complicated as you make it out to be.

Yes an inspection is the first thing that needs to be done and you do receive a form saying it passed. But the easiest way to get the registration updated is online. Upon arriving home from a successful inspection that form has been transmitted to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles within minutes of being done. Going to https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/register-your-vehicle/
allows you to register the vehicle.

MHR

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes an inspection is the first thing that needs to be done and you do receive a form saying it passed. But the easiest way to get the registration updated is online. Upon arriving home from a successful inspection that form has been transmitted to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles within minutes of being done. Going to https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/register-your-vehicle/
If you don't put off or forget about registering your vehicle until the last day then yes, you are correct, it's not as complicated.

However, I don't work that way so it's inspection then off to HEB for me. :redface:

BCS DRIVER

If you don't put off or forget about registering your vehicle until the last day then yes, you are correct, it's not as complicated.

However, I don't work that way so it's inspection then off to HEB for me. :redface:
Even if the registration is expired you can still do the registration online. I just recently did one that expired at the end of March. Got it inspected May 28th and went home and did the online registration. The only differece was it asked if I had received a citation for expired registration, which of course I haven't due to the Governor's order to waive registration for 60 days following the end of the state of emergency.

BCS DRIVER

yeah, they don't do that for vehicle inspections, tho......
I'm not sure how they do the inspection/registration process is your state but in Texas it really is a 2 step process. First you take your vehicle to a state certified inspection station. Assuming it passes you then either mail the registration form they send every year along with payment, or go to the tax office and get it done in person, or do it online and the new registration sticker comes in the mail in about a week or so. if it's expired and you do it online you get a print out that shows you've re-registered it which is good for law enforcement purposes until you get the new sticker.

Michael - Cleveland

Same thing in OH ... In a few counties that require an inspection, it is transmitted immediately and you can then register online.

MHR

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I need to get my car inspected. I've been ridin dirty since June 1st.
I finally got mine done yesterday and it was very very interesting.

It felt like a cross between an automotive pop quiz and a field sobriety test being led by a Marine drill Sargent. He would bark out orders and hand signals. It was rough I tell you.

I never got out of my ride. They had me do the blinkers, horn, wipers, headlights and all that myself. They then looked at the break pads and declared me good to go.

mch

I finally got mine done yesterday and it was very very interesting.

It felt like a cross between an automotive pop quiz and a field sobriety test being led by a Marine drill Sargent. He would bark out orders and hand signals. It was rough I tell you.

I never got out of my ride. They had me do the blinkers, horn, wipers, headlights and all that myself. They then looked at the break pads and declared me good to go.
Wow. Its completely different here. You just leave it with a mechanic and they do it.

IRME4EVER

Mine expires end of June, let’s see.
It's not that way in Arizona. Granted the hubs are all closed!!
I went online and searched where I could get a blank Uber inspection paper for Arizona. It was easy to find. Printed it out had a friend of mine (which is also a mechanic) inspect my car which he actually did the inspection, got his signature and certification #. Submitted it, Uber approved! My car insurance was expiring the same day (June 21), renewed my insurance sent Uber screenshot of the proof of insurance, approved!
Then my tags are due June 30. I went to a 3rd party (who also works with DMV) today. Got a copy of my new registration but not the sticker (Arizona sends all stickers out, you don't get them immediately). I sent Uber a screenshot of my registration, approved!!
At least they will quit sending me reminders :mad: by email and texts several times a day!!