• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Well, now I Know I qualify for Comfort.

TPAMB

So, around midnight last night I return from a drop off back to a still active surge area to try to collect on the sticky surges I have on both Uber and Lyft running only what I thought was Select. A minute after I arrive, I get a ping. Great, I think, I can collect my $8.50 surge and get a well paying Select ride. Nope! Apparently, after midnight, Uber, in their infinite wisdom, loaded new software or recoded the Driving Preferences page to split out Comfort from X and in doing so, Comfort was selected by default. Nice! In any event, despite the crappy rate, the ride was 31 minutes and paid about what an XL ride would have been.

Jesus.

Cdub2k

So, around midnight last night I return from a drop off back to a still active surge area to try to collect on the sticky surges I have on both Uber and Lyft running only what I thought was Select. A minute after I arrive, I get a ping. Great, I think, I can collect my $8.50 surge and get a well paying Select ride. Nope! Apparently, after midnight, Uber, in their infinite wisdom, loaded new software or recoded the Driving Preferences page to split out Comfort from X and in doing so, Comfort was selected by default. Nice! In any event, despite the crappy rate, the ride was 31 minutes and paid about what an XL ride would have been.

Jesus.
So Comfort is a separate thing now in your market i.e on your drivers preference it is listed next to UberX, Uber XL? I just checked my App and it isn't setup like that here.

Muhammad.

Chorch

Jesus.
XL similar to Comfort????
Here XL is 1.44 per mile, and comfort is .70. It’s half.

CTK

Jesus.
You are not getting $8.50 surges on Uber and especially not on Lyft at midnight on Tuesday in Tampa.

TPAMB

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You are not getting $8.50 surges on Uber and especially not on Lyft at midnight on Tuesday in Tampa.
Ahh yeah, I am. Rays game! That’s why I make money and you don’t cause you don’t t know your city!

Last edited: