1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Well, how did everybody do?

Discussion in 'Baton Rouge' started by Tigerfanshane, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Did everybody make good money yesterday?

2. stevedmc

stevedmc

Driving:
    UberX
    Horrible. I worked from 10am until 3am and made $218 after fees.

I normally make $200 on a regular Saturday night starting around 7pm.

Total waste of time.

3. Yep, there were probably close to 200 drivers out...not going to make anything with those numbers.

4. stevedmc

stevedmc

Driving:
    UberX
    Makes sense. I had a period where I sat for almost 2 hours without a ping.

I worked the guaranteed rate shift when school started and had no problem. I was busy the whole night and didn't need to claim any guarantee from Uber

I should have made at least $400 yesterday. I'm curious to see how the guarantee works.

5. glados

glados

You will be topped up to your guaranteed gross fare in your next statement, as long as you meet the guarantee requirements.

6. stevedmc

stevedmc

Driving:
    UberX
    That is what I am concerned about. The requirements mentioned having to do at least one run per hour. I had a two hour period where nothing came in. There was nothing I could do to magically make a run come in.

Then there was another ride that I tried to accept where it came up with a forbidden error. Yesterday was really strange. I'm glad I made $500 for the weekend but yesterday should have been a lot better.

I'm just crossing my fingers to see how far the guarantee actually puts me beyond $500.

7. glados

glados

Unlike the guarantees of other ridesharing serivices, Uber averages out your rides for guarantee requirements.

This means if you get 2 rides in the first hour, and you have no rides in the next hour, your 2nd hour will still be within the guarantee since 2 rides in 2 hrs = 1 ride / hr.

8. stevedmc

stevedmc

Driving:
    UberX
    Well that is certainly good news. I might actually stand a chance of getting the full guarantee then.

How does the payout work? For a $30/hr guarantee, do you get the full rate or would it be $30 minus 20 percent?

9. glados

glados

It's gross fares, you get $30 minus 20% or 25% (depending on your market).

10. stevedmc

stevedmc

Driving:
    UberX
    Cool. Thanks for the info. It looks like they owe me $109 then.

Yesterday really wansn't that bad now that I do the math. That puts me at a total of $327 for 17 hours which is just a hair over $19 an hour. I drive a Mitsubishi Mirage so I barely even have to factor in fuel costs.

GypsyLee likes this.
  11. Yesterday wasn't bad with the guarantees, but when uber figures out that their drivers won't be hitting or exceeding the guarantee mark on their own on game days due to oversaturation...they're going to halt those guarantees real quick like.

Couple the number of drivers out there panning for their gold with LSU's new post game contraflow system and this season isn't looking so lucrative.

Let us know if they honor your guarantee, with the system getting overloaded and jittery I wonder if they'll claim you didn't accept 90%

12. JJG47

JJG47

Driving:
    UberX
    I wondered about the guarantee too -- in the past it has said an average of XXX ride(s) / hour -- but this one specifically said 1/hour not an average of 1/hour. Guess we'll see.

13. I'm curious to know how Cqube3 did since he is convinced every driver in the city can average 200/hour if they just put their heart into it!!!

Cquebe3 likes this.
  14. Cquebe3

Cquebe3

Not bad, pulled in 270$ after uber took their money plus an extra 30$ from guarantees, I had a long ride to Gonzales and ended up driving the lady for an hour and a half right at the start of the second period and wasn't able to get enough rides to get the guarantees for that period. And I had zero desires to fight the mess that was contraflow after people left in droves at 8 pm and stayed offline from 8 pm to 12. And I don't just put my heart into it, also my brain, and pancreas.

Judging from this weekend there will be money to be made the rest of the season even with more drivers, there are more new riders out there than there are new drivers so I doubt the dip was from that but more so that not many people came out for this one, riding around campus you could tell there wasn't as many tailgaters. It will be good for SEC Games since uber is in every SEC city/town

15. They're going to need to fix the post game traffic issues or nobody will be making money from post game rides

16. Cquebe3

Cquebe3

Normally it isn't that bad, usually clears out after two hours or so, originally they had planned to not contraflow at all and urge people to leave via Burbank, but that massive rain caused Burbank to flood and become impassable. The cops were then like we have to contraflow now, then a tree fell across highland past kennilworth. Just a mess all around mostly due to the weather

17. So Nicholson won't be contraflowed this season? Will they allow traffic back toward the stadium? Last year Burbank was my lifeline back onto campus, but they're one waying it this year to past bluebonnet

18. Cquebe3

Cquebe3

I'm not sure, cops said they weren't contraflowing for this game, so I'm not sure on the rest of the season. Yeah, they wanted Burbank to be the main exit since there was 2 lanes, and you couldn't cross Nicholson only turn left or right