Welcome, Michigan drivers!

Brady

Welcome to the Outstate Michigan subforum, designed to serve drivers in Grand Rapids, Flint, Kalamazoo, Lansing and other cities outside of Detroit/Ann Arbor. Please introduce yourselves.

I'm Brady, an Uber driver in Grand Rapids. I began driving in early September 2014, six weeks after UberX started here. I primarily pick up riders on the Westside. I drive a black 2013 Dodge Charger R/T.

lee jaimes

Hey Joel, I am considering driving for Uber. If I buy a 2006 vehicle, do you know how long I can drive it for UBER before it "expires" and have to get a newer car?

jbob

Car requirements that it must be less than 10 years old and have 4 doors. Do not buy a car just to drive for Uber, you will lose money. Look around, there are a lot of threads about how hard it is to actually make a profit. It only makes sense if you already own a vehicle that is usable.

roalber

Welcome to the Outstate Michigan subforum, designed to serve drivers in Grand Rapids, Flint, Kalamazoo, Lansing and other cities outside of Detroit/Ann Arbor. Please introduce yourselves.

I'm Brady, an Uber driver in Grand Rapids. I began driving in early September 2014, six weeks after UberX started here. I primarily pick up riders on the Westside. I drive a black 2013 Dodge Charger R/T.
Hi Brady, I never knew this blog was here until recently, just happened to scroll down thru the O's. Maybe more people could find it if it was labeled something different, maybe 'Michigan, Outstate'? Just a thought....

RNUber3

I laughed out loud when I read Outstate Michigan. I was scrolling through to see if anyone drove near where I grew up, out of curiosity, and stumbled upon this thread. I'm in the Dallas area, but have family in MI still. Some in bigger cities some in the sticks. Makes me think if you're not in Anne Arbor, Detroit, Lansing, or GR you could have this app on all day sitting at home and not get one ping. Crappy, but I guess that's supply and demand...just wish there were more options out there to keep people from driving when they shouldn't or to help when they need a ride. Even if you live in a smaller town like Mt. Pleasant or Flint.