Weird incident

Tim L

I was doing both Uber and Lyft this morning. As I was wrapping things up I got my first Lyft ping. I arrive at a completely empty strip mall save for one State Trooper. It's 8:30 AM and every store is closed in this strip mall. I start feeling uneasy. Is the Lyft request from the Trooper? Who else could it be from? There is no one else here! Is the Trooper looking to pass out fines for whatever reason to rideshare drivers? So I cancel. As soon as I cancel the Trooper starts driving off as do I, so I guess I'll never know.

tohunt4me

I was doing both Uber and Lyft this morning. As I was wrapping things up I got my first Lyft ping. I arrive at a completely empty strip mall save for one State Trooper. It's 8:30 AM and every store is closed in this strip mall. I start feeling uneasy. Is the Lyft request from the Trooper? Who else could it be from? There is no one else here! Is the Trooper looking to pass out fines for whatever reason to rideshare drivers? So I cancel. As soon as I cancel the Trooper starts driving off as do I, so I guess I'll never know.
I would have called the number.

If no one answered ,then I would wonder.

Maybe he just wanted someone to talk to.

Things are rough for cops these days.

DAG

I agree. I don't know why a state Trooper would be messing with rideshare drivers.
OTE="Tim L, post: 1293256, member: 18857"]I agree. I don't know why a state Trooper would be messing with rideshare drivers.[/QUOTE]
Sometimes State Troopers are surrogates for other LE agencies. Realistically, today's assignment could have been "Sting an UBER Partner"!

observer

He may have just downloaded the app and was fiddling around trying to figure out how it worked. I've heard of this happenning before.

tohunt4me

Should have stopped by to say hello.

We see a lot of strange stuff driving nights.

Can't hurt to know a few cops for the occasional " Delicate Situations".

Ubertimes

Simple wait 5 minutes collect $$$$$

Adieu

OTE="Tim L, post: 1293256, member: 18857"]I agree. I don't know why a state Trooper would be messing with rideshare drivers.
Sometimes State Troopers are surrogates for other LE agencies. Realistically, today's assignment could have been "Sting an UBER Partner"![/QUOTE]

OR he was trying to apprehend your pax?