Weird Friday

MedicMan

Four things happened that were rather interesting in Friday.

I drove east across the Burnside Bridge at 30mph Friday at 5:30PM. It felt pretty weird and I kept looking for zombies, or the incoming meteor, or the sign that said "bridge closed".

I got an airport pickup right after dropping someone off at the airport. There were over 100 Uber cars in the waiting lot and I was picked before them.

That same airport pickup destination was deep Camas. Great, I will have to deadhead back to Portland to get another ping. Once I got to Camas I got a ping 3 blocks away from my drop off point. They were going to the airport. How weird is that?

I watched a guy on a scooter driving the wrong way in a bike lane (illegal) and a skate boarder riding on the sidewalk (illegal). The skate boarder darted out into the bike lane to avoid some pedestrians on the side walk. (Imagine that, pedestrians on the side walk). The skateboarder and scooter rider got to meet and and proved a law of physics that says no two objects can occupy the same place at the same time. Both combatants looked pretty injured and neither of them got up right away. I laughed for a few blocks. It's great to see Karma in action. Laws, at least some of them, are in place for a reason.

Overall it was pretty weird.

Nerka

Four things happened that were rather interesting in Friday.

I drove east across the Burnside Bridge at 30mph Friday at 5:30PM. It felt pretty weird and I kept looking for zombies, or the incoming meteor, or the sign that said "bridge closed".

I got an airport pickup right after dropping someone off at the airport. There were over 100 Uber cars in the waiting lot and I was picked before them.

That same airport pickup destination was deep Camas. Great, I will have to deadhead back to Portland to get another ping. Once I got to Camas I got a ping 3 blocks away from my drop off point. They were going to the airport. How weird is that?

I watched a guy on a scooter driving the wrong way in a bike lane (illegal) and a skate boarder riding on the sidewalk (illegal). The skate boarder darted out into the bike lane to avoid some pedestrians on the side walk. (Imagine that, pedestrians on the side walk). The skateboarder and scooter rider got to meet and and proved a law of physics that says no two objects can occupy the same place at the same time. Both combatants looked pretty injured and neither of them got up right away. I laughed for a few blocks. It's great to see Karma in action. Laws, at least some of them, are in place for a reason.

Overall it was pretty weird.
If they had been doing this during the day and no one had lights it would have been ultra-karma.

MedicMan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK, got weird again. Last night 1700 hours driving from Saint Johns to Southwest waterfront. Highway 30 east., to 405 south, to Macadam. Did the speed limit all the way and on 405 was going 10 over the speed limit. That was pretty weird. What was also weird is I work What was also weird is I worked for eight hours and averaged $28 an hour.