Weekly goals?

AnonymousUberer

Does anyone know how the weekly goals work? I know the period to earn the money ends at noon every Sunday, but does that mean anything after 12:01 on Sunday counts towards next week?

I'm either $20 short of my 10% goal this week or $1 over my 12% depending on if Sunday after 12:01 counts or not.

CommanderXL

I would like to hear what this Goals business is all about and how it works. I don't have any "goals," (at least any set by Uber.) I've only ever had a flat 20%/28% Uber cut no matter how little or much I drive/earn. When did this start?How much more does Uber take before and after reaching goals? What are the set goals?

I'm pretty sure this is a way to keep drivers on the road and probably not a great deal for the drivers if it's worked like the guarantees but I'm interested in how it is set up.

Realityshark

Weekly goals are Uber's way of getting inside your head to make you drive more hours and put more miles on your car.

In the long run, your overall profit and hourly rate will drop exponentially.

You'll invariably get stuck picking up minimum fares and have to take rides that are 15 minutes away, which are the kiss of death for drivers.

Weekly goals and guarantees are for Uber's benefit, not yours.

CommanderXL

Weekly goals are Uber's way of getting inside your head to make you drive more hours and put more miles on your car.

In the long run, your overall profit and hourly rate will drop exponentially.

You'll invariably get stuck picking up minimum fares and have to take rides that are 15 minutes away, which are the kiss of death for drivers.

Weekly goals and guarantees are for Uber's benefit, not yours.
Yeah, I get that. Obviously, lol. That's why they are imposed on new drivers (at least I think that's what's going on). I would just like to hear how it works from someone who is set up with this system.

UberXTampa

Weekly goals are doctored and messed up with by local uber offices.
I got one every week for the last month or two.
In one of them they forgot to remove the reduced commission for each goal met. I was a bit optimistic to see at least a reward for trying harder. Before even I was driving, they noticed their error and they resent same goals with no incentives. Rest of the email that had the incentives was taken out.

We are dealing with a psychopath here. They have turned completely mental now.

uberguru

Does anyone know how the weekly goals work? I know the period to earn the money ends at noon every Sunday, but does that mean anything after 12:01 on Sunday counts towards next week?

I'm either $20 short of my 10% goal this week or $1 over my 12% depending on if Sunday after 12:01 counts or not.
where did you get the idea the period ends sunday at noon?...my understanding it ends at 4:00am on monday

turbovator

O

Did you ever see the picture of the guy holding a carrot on a stick and string a foot in front of the donkey's nose? Every time the donkey tries to grab the carrot the guys pulls it away.

Last edited:

AnonymousUberer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been getting emails that last 3-4 weeks with my goals. They say totals reset Sunday at noon. I'm aware the pay period ends at 4am Monday morning.

The goals have 3 levels. Mine are $250, $300 and $350. At $250 i get 10% of Uber's cut back in my payment. At $300 I get 12% and $350 I get 15%. The totals you need to hit are gross figures that include the BS $1 fee tbey take off the top on each ride.

Uber support emailed me back last night and said anything after 12:01pm on Sunday does count towards the next week. Which means I hit my 12% goal this week. Guess I'll find out how it really works when statements are emailed this week.

CommanderXL

I've been getting emails that last 3-4 weeks with my goals. They say totals reset Sunday at noon. I'm aware the pay period ends at 4am Monday morning.

The goals have 3 levels. Mine are $250, $300 and $350. At $250 i get 10% of Uber's cut back in my payment. At $300 I get 12% and $350 I get 15%. The totals you need to hit are gross figures that include the BS $1 fee tbey take off the top on each ride.

Uber support emailed me back last night and said anything after 12:01pm on Sunday does count towards the next week. Which means I hit my 12% goal this week. Guess I'll find out how it really works when statements are emailed this week.
Does Uber still take 20% and you get a percentage back from that or do they take more initially?

AnonymousUberer

The way I interpret it is that since I made over $300 this week then Uber will let me keep 12% of the 20% tbey usually take.

However it wouldn't shock me at all if its shady and they just pay me 12% of their total cut. Which would be way less for me.

I guess I'll find out later today.

Chisox1125

So I'm not doing a courtesy run. Give you guys the quick run down as of now. Picked up in Tampa drove to Brandon, customer is waiting for their food at Steak 'n Shake in Brandon then I'm gonna drop em back at there house in Tampa. Haven't ended the trip at all all I've done is change the adress to get me to the right spots. No worries right?

uberguru

So I'm not doing a courtesy run. Give you guys the quick run down as of now. Picked up in Tampa drove to Brandon, customer is waiting for their food at Steak 'n Shake in Brandon then I'm gonna drop em back at there house in Tampa. Haven't ended the trip at all all I've done is change the adress to get me to the right spots. No worries right?
you're good..gps tracks everything whether you change it or not

AnonymousUberer

So the goal plan turned out to be misleading and worthless. Tbey said I made $316 which was over my silver goal and I was supposed to get 12% back. So I was thinking Uber's cut would just be 8% this week instead of 20%. Silly me.

They took 20% still and then gave me back 12% of the money they took. So on $316 their cut was $63 and tbey gave me back 12% of that. A whole $7.