Weekly claims certication

Regular UI in not the same this is for non W-2. It's not handled the same. Look I'm sure there are Uber drivers that stopped working in March then began last week. That doesn't preclude them from getting the retro they sre entitled to. It's a flaw in the system using the last day worked. I'm sure they'll adjust it. I've made too much this week make a claim. If I get covid next week do you think I won't be able to make a claim going forward?
OK, let me ask this way.

when I applied for regular UI, I applied on April 1st. I got paid for weeks starting March 29th under the PUA. The PUA system allowed me to go in and add any earning I had from March 29th onwards.

When did you file under regular UI?

You cannot apply for UI in April and say you want UI from February. It doesn't work that way. It only applies to when you initially applied for UI - whether it is regular UI system or PUA. The CARES Act says it is retro to February ONLY if you had applied for UI between Feb and March 29th.

Stevemesa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK, let me ask this way.

when I applied for regular UI, I applied on April 1st. I got paid for weeks starting March 29th under the PUA. The PUA system allowed me to go in and add any earning I had from March 29th onwards.

When did you file under regular UI?

You cannot apply for UI in April and say you want UI from February. It doesn't work that way. It only applies to when you initially applied for UI - whether it is regular UI system or PUA. The CARES Act says it is retro to February ONLY if you had applied for UI between Feb and March 29th.
I disagree if someone files today their retroactive benefits go back to the last day worked actually it should have said worked or underemployed. Early filiers on the regular UI site didn't have to certify for the 3 weeks we got paid but new filiers will file retroactive for dates going back to whatever date they put in for last day worked.

Attachments

flaghuntin

Ok here are some more news.

After trying to reach them since 10 am today I tried to push a different button that is set for people who didn’t file a claim yet. I was just wondering if that works and it worked! A lady called me back after around 20 minutes and I told her that I’m approved for PUA and I’m supposed to receive a check but I have never received it and I really expected her to tell me that I’m with a wrong operator, so goodbye, but to my surprise she answered and basically she said the same as the previous lady did - there was some issue and we’re supposed to receive a check no later than Friday! Now it sounds promising since now it’s already two agents saying the same!
You get the check yet?

taxisuper

If you're asking about the 5/21 payment, then yes I received it via direct deposit last night. If the question is about the previous payments, then yes I received all of them.

If you're asking about the 5/21 payment, then yes I received it via direct deposit last night. If the question is about the previous payments, then yes I received all of them.
No, we’re talking about the check, everyone is supposed to get it, but we didn’t for some reason

taxisuper

No, we’re talking about the check, everyone is supposed to get it, but we didn’t for some reason
Sorry about that. Did see a brief article earlier this week that there still are a lot of checks to go out. According to that, the government plans to mail prepaid cards for those remaining. Sorry I don't have a link, so don't know how accurate it is. You might try Googling it.

Sorry about that. Did see a brief article earlier this week that there still are a lot of checks to go out. According to that, the government plans to mail prepaid cards for those remaining. Sorry I don't have a link, so don't know how accurate it is. You might try Googling it.
Well I called them twice and both agents told me there is some issue and we all are supposed to get those checks no later than Friday (today)

BlackBeast

I finally got my Trump Bucks. Took longer than the Arizona DES. Sorry for you guys who havnt got paid yet. Like Limp Bizkit said "You just gotta have faith!".

AZ DES director just stepped down.
The writing is on the wall.....probably stepped down because AZ is about to announce that you MUST look for work - regardless of whether you LIKE/WANT the job. Cannot turn down a job - regardless of whether you LIKE/WANT the job.

Probably DES Director said...not on my watch...and "quit"