Weekend Guarantees

Ubering

It looks like it's all day so Im sure there will be A LOT of pax getting declined for airport rides and going anywhere outside SF.

I hope they all read this and just decide to take the BART and not requesting Uber.

NASCAR1991

Goes back to exacly my point i made yesterday..saying that now adays you not guaranteed to get a ride if you trying to go far.

WorkHardPlayHard

I would have been fine with long trips once in a while while working the guarantees IF pax knew/chose how to tip properly.

But after doing San Francisco to San Jose pool ride with no tip, no surge during my guarantee hours, I gave up all together. (Yes, I was stupid to accept. Lesson learned)
I now check destinations very carefully.

NASCAR1991

Yesteday picked up dude in alameda...took him to oak air....in the terminal he figure out he left his ticket in the hotel. We went back. Then back agian to the airport. I drove fast for him to catch his plane risking a ticket while i could have just drove normally. End result no tip.

Drove a crazy drunk pax going from house to house and asking if someone can take them in for the night for a place to stay (to pax friend houses not random houses). Took over an hour untill pax finally got accepted to sleep over. End result...typical

Sometimes people tip for nothing..but Sometimes when you clearly deserve one...they blow you off

NASCAR1991

I know I definitely won't be doing any rides out of SF this weekend
Becomes a problem now...since now some will refuse to cancel just because. And you need your acceptance rate at 90 percent.
They get drunk and if you say i cant take you..they will refuse to cancel because they afraid of beeing charged and they will request lyft while basically forcing you to cancel yourself

WorkHardPlayHard

What if we send an automatic text to pax as soon as the request comes in that says:

Hi, this is your Uber. I will not be able to complete any trips outside of SF at this moment. If your destination is not within SF, please cancel now to avoid being charged and request another driver.
Best Regards

xD

soupergloo

Becomes a problem now...since now some will refuse to cancel just because. And you need your acceptance rate at 90 percent.
They get drunk and if you say i cant take you..they will refuse to cancel because they afraid of beeing charged and they will request lyft while basically forcing you to cancel yourself
yeah, but cancelling doesn't effect my acceptance rate .. and when people refuse to cancel, I hit "arrive" and they get scared that i'll no show them and eventually cancel. I always refund the cancellation fee if I see it show up on my summary for them.

WorkHardPlayHard

I wish the guaranteed rates included SFO as part of the qualified region of pickup. Solves the problem of people trying to get airport rides but keep getting refused by drivers hence they miss their flight.

soupergloo

I wish the guaranteed rates included SFO as part of the qualified region of pickup. Solves the problem of people trying to get airport rides but keep getting refused by drivers hence they miss their flight.
I probably still wouldn't take the SFO trips because Daly City, South City, San Bruno, etc. are still out of the zone and I always get pings from those cities when I'm coming back from the airport.