• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Weekend Contest

nighthawk398

When it says :
every trip you complete in Uptown/Downtown Dallas and Downtown Fort Worth will be one entry to win!

Is that dropping off and picking up in same area? just dropping off? just picking up? all 3?

tohellwithu

Lol...uber is desperate with driver. Lot of driver has quit and now the demand is picking up and I guess lot of them has realized the cost of driving those pax with .85/M. WOW!..this is another way to get driver on the road. Good luck every driver on the road this weekend.

Drive777

These contests are a joke. I guess Uber thinks it's cheaper to lure in gullible drivers to a lottery contest where the odds are stacked against them and most will walk away empty handed, than it is to offer some decent guarantees.

As busy as this weekend is, guarantees should be $35 to $40/hr. Instead the top rate is $26/hr.

ExpendableAsset

They actually provided a graphic that explains their true aim. That red box that encompasses uptown, downtown and Greenville (that essentially outlines the areas where the worst of the worst want to be picked up) is where they want you to work for minimum fares all night. Nobody wants to do this and for good reason. All these incentives (guarantees included) are tailored to entice you to do this and also not pay you the guarantees (these horrible drunk @@@@@@@@ will ding your rating to ruin the guarantee almost without fail). Scamming and misdirection is business as usual for Uber. The Contest is just a new approach since nothing else is working, not enough drivers are stupid enough to take the bait.

Txchick

They actually provided a graphic that explains their true aim. That red box that encompasses uptown, downtown and Greenville (that essentially outlines the areas where the worst of the worst want to be picked up) is where they want you to work for minimum fares all night. Nobody wants to do this and for good reason. All these incentives (guarantees included) are tailored to entice you to do this and also not pay you the guarantees (these horrible drunk @@@@@@@@ will ding your rating to ruin the guarantee almost without fail). Scamming and misdirection is business as usual for Uber. The Contest is just a new approach since nothing else is working, not enough drivers are stupid enough to take the bait.
"Map of horror"!!

WillowHannigan

I'm not participating in the contests. I figure I will never get drawn or everyone will hand out in the downtown Fort Worth area just to get the rides. It's not worth my time to try. I have even quit driving at night on weekends because of not making the money. I take that back. Two weekends ago I made $200 bucks I bet percentage free and last weekend I made another $100. They were cleaning fees from the two broads that threw up in my car two weeks in a row. No more weekend nights for me. I am at $300 clear now and have only driven early mornings for about 3 hours a day. I know that isn't much for some of you but it's more than I made hustling TCU students less than 2 miles a trip all night.

Yarddude11

Funniest thing I heard all week. Uber I have a contest for you........ find the drivers! Its like find Waldo, but much harder. :eek:

McGillicutty

I call it "Little India"
The ONLY time I've caught someone playing games was there. I still got a cancel fee out of it, but I had a guy do the "Request Uber and Lyft and take the one that gets there first" game. It may have happened to me before, but I was too oblivious to notice.