Weekday Non-Tippers

LyftRus

I've noticed a trend Lately that your average person heading to work is 95% less likely to tip. No matter if you give them the best service with a foot massage.

- Sick of tipping?
- Used to not tipping just because they are headed to work?
- Using uber daily to commute to work could save $5-10 weekly just in tips?
- Just overly cheap to tip?
- Feel that going a couple miles there is no need to tip?

BUT on top of all that they WANT you to jump over hoops to try to rush them to work in traffic as they are in a hurry.

RIDDLE ME that Bull****

pizza guy

The funny thing is that of my morning regulars the only ones that always tip are pool riders.

LyftRus

Wait u mean to tell me that in order to get tips I just have to accept pool requests?

MEHHH

Not worth it

Ayad

Frustrating. No doubt. Probably because those rushing to a job they may or may not hate are less inclined to look at the app than those coming back home where hopefully it is less stressful.

BigHurt35

Your second theory (pax using uber multiple times per day) is prob the big reason. Would you tip a driver every ride if you were taking 3-4 rides per day? Some people are obssessed with Uber and are spending $60-$150 (too low?) a week. I can't blame em for not tipping in those cases, I don't like it but can understand.

lakersfan1

Would you tip if you were using the service EVERY SINGLE DAY, and Uber was gouging you with up front pricing? Tourists and dates are 1,000% more likely to tip as it's budgeted into the day's activities.

DylanSam

Would you tip if you were using the service EVERY SINGLE DAY, and Uber was gouging you with up front pricing? Tourists and dates are 1,000% more likely to tip as it's budgeted into the day's activities.

People just don't get this logic. It makes all the sense in the world!

Your second theory (pax using uber multiple times per day) is prob the big reason. Would you tip a driver every ride if you were taking 3-4 rides per day? Some people are obssessed with Uber and are spending $60-$150 (too low?) a week. I can't blame em for not tipping in those cases, I don't like it but can understand.

Agreed!

Mad Medic

Suburban pool is very different. Half the time Uber loses money.
Subirban pool should be outlawed. I got even with a Pool pax yesterday doing a round trip fare, running errands for his momma.

He hops in saying "I need you to go to that address then another and then back to where u 1st picked me up"

Reminded him he was "pool" Im supposed to pick up others. He says I ain't getting no others in the burbs, which he's right 99% of the time

So i asked him to change his destination and he said he couldnt.

Oh yeah thats right, I said. You selected pool to save a few bucks and pool doesnt let you do that. Sorry, I can drop you off, wait and take you home. Im on a pool route, guess you need to complete your trip when we get there and then select a new Uber X for the ride back, should go to me but no promises

uber6

I've noticed a trend Lately that your average person heading to work is 95% less likely to tip. No matter if you give them the best service with a foot massage.

- Sick of tipping?
- Used to not tipping just because they are headed to work?
- Using uber daily to commute to work could save $5-10 weekly just in tips?
- Just overly cheap to tip?
- Feel that going a couple miles there is no need to tip?

BUT on top of all that they WANT you to jump over hoops to try to rush them to work in traffic as they are in a hurry.

RIDDLE ME that Bull****
No need to tip!! Its already included

UberBeemer

They tip the bartender for every round of drinks. Why not every ride? Uber brainwashed tips out of them. You have to resort to guilt... :}

Candi

They tip the bartender for every round of drinks. Why not every ride? Uber brainwashed tips out of them. You have to resort to guilt... :}
Not everyone tips their bartender after every round, some tip once at the end of the night. Just saying.

Mad Medic

Not everyone tips their bartender after every round, some tip once at the end of the night. Just saying.
Hint - Tip your bartender or server $20 upfront as you order your 1st round and you'll never be empty and waiting for the next round.

Used to love those customers, always got 5 star service, usually they visited once a week or every other.

Candi

Hint - Tip your bartender or server $20 upfront as you order your 1st round and you'll never be empty and waiting for the next round.

Used to love those customers, always got 5 star service, usually they visited once a week or every other.

I know how to tip my bartenders, thanks. They are tipped very well as are the servers. I understanding how tipping works.

isosconfig

Rus, Rus, Rus, you know Ubes programed the riders that tip is not required, or worst included......

Come join me in the Pit, easy to get a tip from great drive when the just arrived from Japan. (absolutely not a reference to ethnicity but DISTANCE traveled.)

harder to please those from say, Cedar Rapids on Spirit.