Week old driver question

Stone627

I just started driving for uber last wednesday. Been doing it in and out since i also got a full time job. Anyways, i lost a couple of potential pax yesterday coz the driver app went frozen on me for both pax. When i looked at my rating its dropped to 33%. And its not even my fault. How do you guys deal with this situation if ever? Thanks

Stone627

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let me guess, not using an iPhone?
When did it freeze? When they were in the car with you?
I have an iphone 6. Yes it was weird. And i was kinda pissed coz i lost those pax. So nothing like this wver happens?

IERide

Never had that happen to me but I've only been driving a few weeks.
At what point did the app freeze? Were they in the car with you? How did you lose them?

Stone627

I got pinged. Then as my app beeped i tried pressing the screen to accept the ride. But ut wouldnt. So i parked and kept trying nothing till i lost the pax

soupergloo

if you're not trying to hit hourly guarantees or power driver plus numbers, your acceptance rating doesn't matter as much .. as you continue to drive and accept all rides going forward, your rating will go up.

Stone627

Follow up on that. Thanks for the reply by the way. Does our rating stats or any stats for that matter resets?

IERide

If your cancellation rate is too low, you could get terminated.
If your driver-rating is too low, you could get terminated.
If your acceptance-rate is too low, you could get a short (5-10 minute) time-out where you cannot take rides a mean warning via email.

soupergloo

Follow up on that. Thanks for the reply by the way. Does our rating stats or any stats for that matter resets?
yep, resets every week! and just to respond to IERide comment, they will send your threatening emails about your acceptance rating if it is consistently low, but I haven't met anyone that's actually been deactivated for it and it doesn't sound like you're trying to make missing pings a habit.

Stone627

Thank you for the advice guys!!! Nice to know theres something like this for us drivers. Much appreciated

Fiat_blu

Happened to me last week, one time near downtown SF. I had just arrived to the pax location, app froze (iPhone 6s), and while pax sat in my car waiting I restarted app 2x, then hard restarted my phone- this is when I finally told pax she should cancel and request again because I didn't know how long this was going to take. Frustrating. I contacted Uber to reverse the cancellation fee she was charged. Done. We both went on our separate ways. It's not a perfect system, for sure.

Stone627

Happened to me last week, one time near downtown SF. I had just arrived to the pax location, app froze (iPhone 6s), and while pax sat in my car waiting I restarted app 2x, then hard restarted my phone- this is when I finally told pax she should cancel and request again because I didn't know how long this was going to take. Frustrating. I contacted Uber to reverse the cancellation fee she was charged. Done. We both went on our separate ways. It's not a perfect system, for sure.
Thats another thing. How did you contacted uber? Thru email?

dreterk

Watch out for "LOST CONNECTIVITY" with your cell phone company, track your route is ACCURATE, you been PAID RIGHT.

Amsoil Uber Connect

It's happen to me a few times and have determined I was in a dead zone / no reception. Check and make sure your still connected in G4 cause sometimes I get in an area that it drops and I have to restart the phone. Everything is still there when it comes back up.

And ever since Frontier took over the same thing happens when Im sitting on the couch at home. But not all the time.

Milpitasuberguy

I just started driving for uber last wednesday. Been doing it in and out since i also got a full time job. Anyways, i lost a couple of potential pax yesterday coz the driver app went frozen on me for both pax. When i looked at my rating its dropped to 33%. And its not even my fault. How do you guys deal with this situation if ever? Thanks
I have been a driver for almost 1yr now and yes it has happened to me as well. Recently it keeps happening. I have had the ap just shut down at different points. While giving a ride, while trying to accept a ride, and while waiting for a request. I'm thinking it just may be an issue with all the new feature that have been added to the ap are starting to bog it down. Unfortunately it you email uber you just get a caned response from uber on how to trouble shoot it. Non which work. As far as your rating Uber will give you time to improve it as a new driver but buddy 33 is very low and some of that is your fault and you need to figure out what you need to do better. Take a ride as a PAX and see what other drivers are doing differently.