WE the drivers are the primary investors of these companies

touberornottouber

We all have spent thousands, maybe tens of thousands on our vehicles in order to provide rides for the companies. We spend thousands per year on insurance, repairs and gas.

The real investors aren't the people buying stocks or the billionaires giving them money....it is US. In addition to all the financial resources that we have invested we also put thousands of hours of our own labor into providing service to their customers. And we did this, for the most part, without any guarantee of getting an hourly return so it was at our own risk. We also risk our lives every day going out there by putting ourselves at a much higher risk of a car accident or a carjacking.

I'm making this post because I'm growing very tired of seeing drivers being minimized and treated like crap by these companies and others when we have all sacrificed so much for them to be where they are.

Seamus

No, you’re not an investor, you provide a car which is their free asset. 1000000 cars and they didn’t have to buy a one! Great deal!

240BIGWINO

We all have spent thousands, maybe tens of thousands on our vehicles in order to provide rides for the companies. We spend thousands per year on insurance, repairs and gas.

The real investors aren't the people buying stocks or the billionaires giving them money....it is US. In addition to all the financial resources that we have invested we also put thousands of hours of our own labor into providing service to their customers. And we did this, for the most part, without any guarantee of getting an hourly return so it was at our own risk. We also risk our lives every day going out there by putting ourselves at a much higher risk of a car accident or a carjacking.

I'm making this post because I'm growing very tired of seeing drivers being minimized and treated like crap by these companies and others when we have all sacrificed so much for them to be where they are.

You're not an investor, you're a sucker. The investors are betting there's even more suckers out there.

mrpjfresh

The equity in all our cars will ultimately make a small group of a-holes obscenely rich. What's the matter? Is participating in the great disruption of the taxi industry not reward enough, ya ingrate??

We aren't partners either but rather an "expense" because Uber is of course entitled to 100% of what their customers, not ours, pay. Of course, for tax purposes, this gets flipped on its head. Welcome to Uber world... where the drivers aren't really partners, the profit is non-existent, the future is Johnny Cabs and the fares are from the 70s!

nouberipo

No, you’re not an investor, you provide a car which is their free asset. 1000000 cars and they didn’t have to buy a one! Great deal!
Nor did they have to maintain your asset, pay you minimum wage, adhere to any regulations out their designed to protect workers from predatory and unscrupulous companies like Uber and Lyft, and the list goes on. Yes, they have a great deal and they are laughing at all drivers wondering how they could be doing this job (just look at the video of the ex CEO Travis telling a driver just that)

tohunt4me

You forget. . . TIME !

Our valuable TIME.

WE BUILT UBER !
Post automatically merged:

Yet they STILL LOSE MONEY !

2Cents

627D1E28-2476-424F-951C-4EB8C79A743D.png