We don’t have to pay drivers based on rider fares

Inshur

Uberinian

Uber: We don’t have to pay drivers based on rider fares
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...s-a-significant-risk-on-ride-hailing-service/
To those who take the shortest and fastest route to get their riders to their destinations and worry about their rated trips are shooting themselves on the foot because all Uber does is win win win no matter what!
They are right in a way. A McDonald's franchise that makes 50k in profit per month dosnt have to pay thier employees more than the minimum wage they're getting. But a raise (or in this case better rates) would be ideal for both parties.

pioneer06

They are right in a way. A McDonald's franchise that makes 50k in profit per month dosnt have to pay thier employees more than the minimum wage they're getting. But a raise (or in this case better rates) would be ideal for both parties.
Are you using uber's car? Gas? Shop?
Explain more, educate us about how come they are right!

Rustyshackelford

Simple. You agreed to get paid a certain price for mileage and minutes. It's up to Uber to decide what to charge pax. So in your argument if Uber wanted to run a promotion of giving out free rides, that means you're supposed to drive for free? They are just immoral. Real question is should anyone continue to drive for them.

shumacker

Best way to combat this is to inform pax. At the end of ride compare what pax paid and what was paid to driver. Once pax realize they are over-paying...#deleteuber will be on again.
if You want them to Delete Uber, why do you drive for Uber then????? Hypocritical!

MoreTips

Pax don't care. They agreed to pay price upfront and they don't care what the drivers are getting paid nor the expenses they have nor the depreciation the cars get.

My pax have been shocked after seeing what I was paid. Some passengers are under the impression that all Uber gets is the booking fee.

If love to see Uber try to explain to the press or the public how its "not really" taking half the fare on short trips or just under that on the rest.

Someone yesterday posted a trip ticket were Uber took just under 80%.
Screenshot_20170919-114706.png Screenshot_20170919-114628.png

Last edited:

Zubera

My pax have been shocked after seeing what I was paid. Some passengers are under the impression that all Uber gets is the booking fee.

If love to see Uber try to explain to the press or the public how its "not really" taking half the fare on short trips or just under that on the rest.

Someone yesterday posted a trip ticket were Uber took just under 80%.
The same pax that was shocked will order another uber in the same day after you and will get fake shocked again if another driver shows them the real fare. Those pax are fake and selfish. I don't believe in them.

MoreTips

The same pax that was shocked will order another uber in the same day after you and will get fake shocked again if another driver shows them the real fare. Those pax are fake and selfish. I don't believe in them.

I agree with you for most pax.

Just like people hate ticket master because they basically do the same thing Uber does the difference is their customers see a breakdown that shows how much TM is getting.
Let Uber explain why it needs so much compared to the person doing the work and supplying 90% of the service.

I just hope that one day there is a better alternative for drivers.

Last edited:

Zubera

Just like people hate ticket master because they basically do the same thing Uber does the difference is their customers see a breakdown that shows how much TM is getting.
Let Uber explain why it needs more in a lot of cases than the person doing the work and supplying 90% of the service.

I just hope that one day there is a better alternative for drivers.
The difference is that the pax doesn't have the choices. They can't say "oh, uber overcharges me, lyft doesn't" because lyft does the same. They all are garbage app companies otherwise one would pay better to drivers.

djhives

I get cheap pax all the time. All I can do is inform them that they are paying more than the driver for this particular ride. What they do with the info is their business. Shoemaker is so presumptuous...(new word), I never exactly said what I do and I don't drive FOR anyone but myself. I have agreements with various apps and bases. Also shoemaker did your education come from Germany or did your immigrant family bring their shoemaking skills here to America illegally? #daca

Uberants

I think uber is only entitled to take 20% or 25% commission . Other than that is a robbery.

jaybx17

I get what they are doing but it's very "employeeish" not "partner" like. The main agreement and foundation was built on partnership and commission and the way things have been going its definitely not that anymore

tommy4689

You guys are missing the whole point about upfront pricing!
1. We have it because of Pax crying about surge pricing. You would see it all over nationwide people shocked to see how much they got charged for a ride at the END OF THE RIDE! Uber fixed it with upfront pricing.
2. As long as there is drivers driving at these low rates it doesn't matter how much Uber is making. Who cares if they make triple of what the driver got. It's called capitalism. No one cares what is "fair" def not those cheap pax and fake schocks hahah

Asificarewhatyoudontthink

Every time you log into the app YOU are agreeing to drive for the per mile/minute rates.
Every time you accept their terms and conditions when they change the contract YOU agree to drive for the per mile/minute rate.

YOU.

Not Uber.

See how that makes them right?

If not, sorry to hear about your reading comprehension problem.

shumacker

Every time you log into the app YOU are agreeing to drive for the per mile/minute rates.
Every time you accept their terms and conditions when they change the contract YOU agree to drive for the per mile/minute rate.

YOU.

Not Uber.

See how that makes them right?

If not, sorry to hear about your reading comprehension problem.
You are right. Drivers accept those conditions. Uber doesn't use a gun so you agree to their terms.
But Ants are hungry and They will accept and then will cry!

Inshur New York