We beat the competition

What would you imagine to personalize your service?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JustTim

I have listened to my riders and I have to say something. Our local public transportation charges over twice what we do for the same trip. Our local taxi companies charge a higher fare than we do by destination. Neither transportation options allow any typ of call ahead arrangements. If anyone driving for Uber wants to become successful, personalize your services and become well known in your community. I am Army retired and do this for fun. Gain that attitude and this idea May come easier.

Veju

Please log all of your miles this year. When next tax season comes up, add all of your miles up and divide your earnings by said miles. Most likely your pay per mile will fall below the IRS mileage deduction which means you hyper depreciated your car at or above cost and provided free labor.

steveK2016

There is zero possibilities that the bus is more expensive than taking an uber. Show me the bus rates where going 2 miles down the road costs $6.75.

Taxis are one thing but exaggerating that public transportation (municipal bus routes) is more expensive than Uber. Thats just unequivocally false.

Are You saying you advertise for Uber or your own transporation services outside of uber? Do you have commercial insurance and proper local permits and licenses for livery services?

JC17

The reason Uber is cheaper than taxis is taxi companies have to pay for a lot of overhead wages for not just the drivers benefits ie vacation time health insurance retirement account workman’s comp maintenance for their vehicles pax always ask why Uber is cheaper and I tell them all the above if I didn’t do this part time I would not do it at all cause it’s literally working for less than minimum wage

Mista T

Author
Uber is NOT cheaper than public transpo in my city. The bus is $2.50 one way and $5 for an all day pass here.

Uber and Lyft offer occasional promos but even their best month-long deals don't hold up to that.

Merc7186

...and driving a private fare without the proper insurance, licensing and business credentials is also illlegal....so good luck with that.

Plus, it only takes one pissed off private fare pax to report your number to U/L and you are dropped.

steveK2016

...and driving a private fare without the proper insurance, licensing and business credentials is also illlegal....so good luck with that.

Plus, it only takes one pissed off private fare pax to report your number to U/L and you are dropped.

Incorrect. For uber at least. Uber has on it's contract that you are free to persuit other business ventures. They cannot stop you from running a livery service off app. Youre only obligation is if you receive a lead (ping) you must complete that fare through Uber, per contractual agreement, unobstructed. You are free to take that lead and add them to your private client service. Once that trip is over, your contractual obligation to Uber for that pax is over, likewise for that pax with uber. What they and you do for their next transportation needs is between you and the pax.

Ubers contracts first paragraph states that the app is a leads generator. Just because most uber drivers do not maximize their leads in it further sales for their transportation business, doesnt make it any less acceptable.

Now in the early days of uber this wasnt the case, this was included in the contract I believe after the lawsuit settled back in Summer of 2015 along with no more deactivating drivers for acceptance rating.

JustTim

There is zero possibilities that the bus is more expensive than taking an uber. Show me the bus rates where going 2 miles down the road costs $6.75.

Taxis are one thing but exaggerating that public transportation (municipal bus routes) is more expensive than Uber. Thats just unequivocally false.

Are You saying you advertise for Uber or your own transporation services outside of uber? Do you have commercial insurance and proper local permits and licenses for livery services?
You are very assuming and general. I hope you are more open in the future.

False credentials? I hope you are not referring to me. If so, maybe you should ask first.

steveK2016

You are very assuming and general. I hope you are more open in the future.

False credentials? I hope you are not referring to me. If so, maybe you should ask first.

Youve provide no additional information that I had requested. How am I to be more open in the future if you do not elaborate on your statement?

i was not assuming. i was asking questions. Questions you failed to answer.

Your lack of answers is probably an answer in and of itself .

Dropking

I have listened to my riders and I have to say something. Our local public transportation charges over twice what we do for the same trip. Our local taxi companies charge a higher fare than we do by destination. Neither transportation options allow any typ of call ahead arrangements. If anyone driving for Uber wants to become successful, personalize your services and become well known in your community. I am Army retired and do this for fun. Gain that attitude and this idea May come easier.

This thread doesn't appear to add anything useful to the site. Do you have a question, newcomer?

tohunt4me

The bus dont WAIT 5 MINUTES !

5 minutes the bus is a MILE AWAY !

Merc7186

Tim is 2018-ing like a boss.

Thanks for the advice...but I'll stick to the proper way of doing things.

Julescase

Not being argumentative here but are you aware of how little pax pay for Uber Express rides? Prices I've seen range from $2.50 - $5.50, the higher number was when it was surging 1.9x and the pax paid $5.50 for a few miles. So, when it's not surging it's literally cheaper than the bus. No joke.

thatridesharegirl

As others have said, you're welcome to pursue your own business possibilities off-app. However you do need the proper licensing and insurance. Check local laws.