We are the new cabbies...This will eventualy will be one of us!

MrMahogany

Should have turned off recording, Flipped a U and ran that F over ... he said he was going to kill him ... think I would have drove 20 circles over that scumbags A till he was crowfood on the asfault.

Exactly!!! Guy had enough time and space to defend himself but didn't do it.
I understand he was probably in shock, but he should've had pepper spray readily handy- he had more than an opportunity to spray this idiot. Once the guy left the car and saw him walking than slow I would've ran his ass over too.

Uncle-not-Ant

What ever happened with this one? Saw this awhile ago.
Video was posted, but they probably tried to track down the driver to deactivate him, but we drivers all look alike.

Looks like some kind of taxi driver, but if he was a rideshare driver they would no doubt have found a reason here to eliminate him from the platform and refunded the rider too.

Lady Driver LBC

Video was posted, but they probably tried to track down the driver to deactivate him, but we drivers all look alike.

Looks like some kind of taxi driver, but if he was a rideshare driver they would no doubt have found a reason here to eliminate him from the platform and refunded the rider too.
This was a Lyft ride gone wrong. Happened/was posted last year. Always wondered if the rider got caught. Why would the driver be deactivated for getting robbed?

Uncle-not-Ant

This was a Lyft ride gone wrong. Happened/was posted last year. Always wondered if the rider got caught. Why would the driver be deactivated for getting robbed?
Driver had a clipboard, and setup looks like taxi style. But, drivers that report problems are seen as troublemakers that need to be eliminated from the rideshare platforms.

If rideshare or independant contractor, he has no workers comp insurance to help him with injury or psy therapy or down time.

20yearsdriving

That guy would have been pepper sprayed AND tased in my vehicle... both within close reach and he never would have seen the tase coming because it would have started on his arm (wonder if that would get ME too??) Oh yeah, BTW, just like him, the encounter would be on video...

Stupid ^^

Exactly!!! Guy had enough time and space to defend himself but didn't do it.
I understand he was probably in shock, but he should've had pepper spray readily handy- he had more than an opportunity to spray this idiot. Once the guy left the car and saw him walking than slow I would've ran his ass over too.

Sounds good
Till the guy opens with his .45

Stop the stupidity

Uncle-not-Ant

Rider looked nice enough, didn't look like a lot of the druggie scroung I pickup on a weekly basis in the Greater LA area.

The rider was very distinctive, and hope he was identified and prossecuted. There were good full face shots of that rider. Good camera driver had...too bad the camera didn't keep him from getting assaulted and robbed.

LAXpert

Rule #1 when not driving get that seatbelt off. As soon as you start to stop unclick, as soon as you start to go click. If you forget try to get it off first thing then reach for your defensive measures if you have any.

Being fastened to your seat puts you at an extreme disadvantage

tohunt4me

Should have turned off recording, Flipped a U and ran that F over ... he said he was going to kill him ... think I would have drove 20 circles over that scumbags A till he was crowfood on the asfault.
There must be laws against poisoning crows !

What about Pleasure or Sport Killers?
You cant Prove That !

Because UBER & LYFT ARE SCUM !

Rule #1 when not driving get that seatbelt off. As soon as you start to stop unclick, as soon as you start to go click. If you forget try to get it off first thing then reach for your defensive measures if you have any.

Being fastened to your seat puts you at an extreme disadvantage
Then we will be facing costly seatbelt repairs also.thats 80 to 100 clicks a day

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-19-05-25-32.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-19-05-25-32.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_2017-09-19-05-38-40.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-19-05-38-40.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 37

UberLaLa

That guy would have been pepper sprayed AND tased in my vehicle... both within close reach and he never would have seen the tase coming because it would have started on his arm (wonder if that would get ME too??) Oh yeah, BTW, just like him, the encounter would be on video...

No, the Taser does not transmit to you...HAVE AT! : )

tohunt4me

Knowing demographic crime statistics can prevent this.
Criminals go hunting.
They may be in your neighborhood.
Right now.

A guy got robbed cutting his grass in his front yard here.

They do home invasions.

Crime does House calls.
They Deliver.

LA_Native

Rider looked nice enough, didn't look like a lot of the druggie scroung I pickup on a weekly basis in the Greater LA area.
I'm cautious of any guy unknown to me, especially if they're behind me in close proximity, and especially if they belong to a group that has a statistically "high" crime rate.

Criminals go hunting.
They may be in your neighborhood.
Right now.

A guy got robbed cutting his grass in his front yard here.

They do home invasions.

Crime does House calls.
They Deliver.
Operative word being "can" as opposed to "will."

tohunt4me

The guy cutting grass.
They took his wallet and his truck keys.
Drove off in his truck.
At least they didnt take the lawnmower.