Waze or Google Maps?

Stone627

Which one is better? Been having minor issues with google maps. Mainly accuracy issues. So i just want to know if i should stick with google maps or try out waze

Stone627

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Long story short... Lost a PAX because google maps took me literally a mile and a half away from the rider when she was just a100 yards away

Neoboi

I prefer waze but I've never had issues with ubers nag other than occasionally it tells me to take the freeway when there's no good reason, also, if you use ubers nav , and don't miss any turns you keep the ability to dispute "inefficient route" fare reviews since "you're only following ubers directions"

Stone627

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Make sense. Coz alot of people told me uber nav freezes thats why i use google maps. But thats a fair assessment. Maybe i'll try the uber nav.

I prefer waze but I've never had issues with ubers nag other than occasionally it tells me to take the freeway when there's no good reason, also, if you use ubers nav , and don't miss any turns you keep the ability to dispute "inefficient route" fare reviews since "you're only following ubers directions"

Ubering

I was google maps but when its busy/rush hour or there is an event in the city I usually pull up Waze to compare the route with GM. I just don't like Waze's interface, too many distractions on the screen / pop ups / advertising's, etc..

But one thing I really like on Waze is that they show Red Ligh Cameras at intersections and cops hiding out.

Euius

I just don't run red lights.

If you've entered the intersection before it turns red you can complete the traversal of the intersection.

1Nation

I just don't run red lights.

If you've entered the intersection before it turns red you can complete the traversal of the intersection.
Same here. Don't run red lights or break other driving laws. That way I don't have any use for the cartoon that is
Waze. And since Google owns Waze you get pretty much the same info on a much cleaner and less distracting interface.
I have never used Uber Nav so I can't comment on that.

manuella

I tried waze and it makes me riders nervous, definitely have your phone where everyone in the car can take a look at it easily.

Lane guidance makes google maps a must have for me :smiles:

Pdubpooter

If waze had lane assistance and told me which side of street the location would be it would be perfect. But as is I tend to use google maps. Uber nav is just garbage and its forced use on pool now alone will likely make me quit uber platform soon since I tend to drive mostly commuter hours and get tons of pools.

Euius

Uber nav is just garbage and its forced use on pool now alone will likely make me quit uber platform soon since I tend to drive mostly commuter hours and get tons of pools.
"Uber nav" doesn't even exist on Android. They can't force it on me.

Google maps for every pool, but note that I pick routes off the freeway even if they're longer, with the intent of getting more pickups. That's my goal, and it's Uber's too, so there's not much conflict.