• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ways to avoid Uber pool or Lyft line when accepted

LyftRus

what are some great ways to avoid this money killer, don't accept? can't do that acceptance rate has to be up there for power bonus on lyft so thats a no. Drive other direction and let pax cancel? more and more ppl are using pool and lyft line and we have to come out with a idea to avoid evry single one. This is ruining on bottom line and losing literally.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

At the risk of sounding heretical, if filling those orders earns one lucrative performance incentives, then what's the real issue?

LyftRus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lyft line and Uber pool should be only accepted as a high surge thats it. but then there are those times where your in the middle of a surge in Lincoln park and you get a request on sheridan and broadway. Now that is just plain stupid. Happens all the time

pizza guy

Had a guy want to do pool from Lisle to the Loop this morning. I almost never cancel based on the destination but I had to be at work in two hours and could have taken 3 hrs round trip. Plus don't these people read about all the shootings and understand the Eisenhower goes right through some of the worst and that's were the match is every time?
Say the ride got matched and take them on a tour of the neighborhoods. That will be the last time they order pool.

WhyaskWhy?

Had a guy want to do pool from Lisle to the Loop this morning. I almost never cancel based on the destination but I had to be at work in two hours and could have taken 3 hrs round trip. Plus don't these people read about all the shootings and understand the Eisenhower goes right through some of the worst and that's were the match is every time?
Say the ride got matched and take them on a tour of the neighborhoods. That will be the last time they order pool.
So, are you saying that you decline rides based off of geography or crime stats? Or, are you suggesting that people should never go into areas where crimes have occurred? If, your afraid of the "neighborhoods" or taking passengers into those "neighborhoods" don't drive. And, FYI more people die in car accidents than from gunshots.

f1zero

So, are you saying that you decline rides based off of geography or crime stats? Or, are you suggesting that people should never go into areas where crimes have occurred? If, your afraid of the "neighborhoods" or taking passengers into those "neighborhoods" don't drive. And, FYI more people die in car accidents than from gunshots.
Yup, still not driving on the south side or west side. You can have all of those ride requests if you want :wink:

pizza guy

First, in 2015 fewer that 1,000 people died in Illinois traffic accidents state wide. 495 people were murdered in Chicago that year. In Chicago gunshots kill people at a higher rate than car accidents statewide.
In my example above I declined the ride because of profitability and time constraints. The destination was actually in the loop. I have no problem driving high crime areas and actually prefer it to Lincoln Park. A suburban rider however does not react well to a detour through high crime areas.

WhyaskWhy?

First, in 2015 fewer that 1,000 people died in Illinois traffic accidents state wide. 495 people were murdered in Chicago that year. In Chicago gunshots kill people at a higher rate than car accidents statewide.
In my example above I declined the ride because of profitability and time constraints. The destination was actually in the loop. I have no problem driving high crime areas and actually prefer it to Lincoln Park. A suburban rider however does not react well to a detour through high crime areas.
Thank you for your clarification! However, my opinion is if a passenger has requested a pool or line;they have also accepted the fact that we may stop in a less desirable neighborhood. Therefore, their reaction isn't a concern of mine.
Have a good weekend

Yup, still not driving on the south side or west side. You can have all of those ride requests if you want :wink:
Thank you kindly

Mrlyft

I tried something out when i received a lyft line request and did not want my rating to drop i put airplane mode on for a min then turn it back off and boom no penalty for missing the request

LyftRus yes but it was one time only i tried it i also think this works cause the system thinks your in a bad coverage area

ubyftdriver

what are some great ways to avoid this money killer, don't accept? can't do that acceptance rate has to be up there for power bonus on lyft so thats a no. Drive other direction and let pax cancel? more and more ppl are using pool and lyft line and we have to come out with a idea to avoid evry single one. This is ruining on bottom line and losing literally.

hello you,

I am not sure how accurate my answer is, but what i would do, i will pick up the uberPOOL fare then as soon as you pick up the passenger, tap on the three lines that pops up on the top right f the driver app. Tap that three dot and then tap on "Stop New Requests". So what it will do uber wont give you more rides even if there is a passenger who is going toward same direction. This is the best way to stop getting new request. Once you drop off the passenger you picked uber will log you off. Before app will log you off it will ask you either you wanna stay online or log off? Then you can select stay online and save yourself getting those annoying uberPOOL requests.
Drive smart
Hope that answers the question

outlier

i just ignore them all, even with surge. i hate driving and new matched requests keep added (i did blindly take pools when i started ubering and before joining this forum; however, i still believe that everyone has their right to choose to take or not take pools) at the same time, i also hate stop new request because that would reinforce pool riders to keep requesting pool in the future; meaning that if i take pool, i want matched requests so that riders would have to spend more time before their destination in exchange for discounted fare.

my acceptance rate is in low 60s.

Djwashx

the only problem is as your acceptance rating drops they slow your trips down you will wait alot longer like a time out and you wont know it I take pool when mine drops to 70 percent if im at 80 or higher no pool for me it says under acceptance rate "your acceptance rate is based on the percentage of trip requests you accept high rates dont affect your account but OFTEN MEAN SHORTER WAIT TIMES i hate pool but when im in the 60's it can take an hour to get a trip i dont do alot sometimes i can get 7 x trips then 3 select so i skip 5 pool

outlier

the only problem is as your acceptance rating drops they slow your trips down you will wait alot longer like a time out and you wont know it I take pool when mine drops to 70 percent if im at 80 or higher no pool for me it says under acceptance rate "your acceptance rate is based on the percentage of trip requests you accept high rates dont affect your account but OFTEN MEAN SHORTER WAIT TIMES i hate pool but when im in the 60's it can take an hour to get a trip i dont do alot sometimes i can get 7 x trips then 3 select so i skip 5 pool
i think you are right. i noticed that i haven't got as many trips as i used to as of late.

Andretti

That's what "Stop Incoming Requests" is for.

But in any other situation, a ride in from the 'burbs - Pool or not - would be a welcome thing.

I'd love to start my days like that.

In the city, Pool pax will cancel pretty quickly if you drive in the other direction.

No idea about the 'burbs.

hello you,

I am not sure how accurate my answer is, but what i would do, i will pick up the uberPOOL fare then as soon as you pick up the passenger, tap on the three lines that pops up on the top right f the driver app. Tap that three dot and then tap on "Stop New Requests". So what it will do uber wont give you more rides even if there is a passenger who is going toward same direction. This is the best way to stop getting new request. Once you drop off the passenger you picked uber will log you off. Before app will log you off it will ask you either you wanna stay online or log off? Then you can select stay online and save yourself getting those annoying uberPOOL requests.
Drive smart
Hope that answers the question
I would turn off new request as soon as I accept the call because sometimes you get a new request before you arive at the 1st one.