1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured Waymo has announced they are ready and opening in AZ.

Discussion in 'Autonomous' started by RamzFanz, Nov 7, 2017.

1. jocker12

jocker12 Active Member

Check my posts, and unless you redacted them, I've addressed every single potential issue you raise or had questions about. By saying I have not you are directly insulting me again.

I've asked what name calling are you referring to and you seem to prefer empty accusation instead a clear answer to my question.

Again. Your statement - SDC's are here. Where?

If you repeat a lie that was told to you that is unintentional. If you really believe what you say, that is a delusion. If you know what you say is not true but you still say it, is an intentional lie.

My initial comment had all three options. Repeating, intentional, or delusion.

Please explain your statement!

2. iheartuber

iheartuber Well-Known Member

jocker12jocker12 let's state the obvious: technically, they ARE here. They have cars on the road in Phoenix, there were a few tests in Pennsylvania, and other cities as well.

But when we say "SDCs are here" there's an unspoken implication. If an SDC taxi service does not get to be as well known and well used as uber currently is, then it's as if it's not really "here".

Now, in all fairness, the wheels are in motion and it's POSSIBLE that in the next few years things can snowball and, gulp, the Tomato could be proven right. But it's also possible that it can not.

If I may, I think I understand what jocker12jocker12 is asking, emotions and name calling notwithstanding.

The crux of the debate here is when SDCs in general and an SDC taxi service specifically are fully unleashed on the world will they eventually completely change our entire society from human-based driving to machine-based?

I know all the arguments on both sides so there's no need to repeat. There are absolutely passionate believers on each side here on this thread.

Ultimately, to use the words of tomatopastetomatopaste 's colleague Monica (who described herself as an intern, though really I think she's the boss): "you can't [convince people]. You just have to watch it unfold."

Where is Monica anyway? She's so much more pleasant to talk to than the Tomato

jocker12 likes this.
  3. jocker12

jocker12 Active Member

Those computer independently software controlled robots are in testing. Do you even remember how many products failed in their testing?

He has 3 options, and I know he sees this. He keeps being wrong and I keep showing him how wrong he is. He knows he is metaphorically speaking, waking on thin ice. And he refuses to explain his statement because he knows I am going to show him the REAL numbers, and he either repeated a lie, believes he is right and intentionally lied or had a delusion.

Somewhere on this forum I've mentioned how I am NOT a regular uber driver.

Now I want to read his explanation.

Just to give you a little more context - technically Segways are here, not in testing anymore.... But literally, effectively, seriously, how many people use them.
    So if you want to describe the actual state of a Segway machine in relation to the real world, you must use the term "technically", because real numbers show a humongous failure of a revolutionary technology.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 9:57 AM
  4. iheartuber

It's splitting hairs whether to call what's happening in Phoenix "testing" or the start of the real thing. And believe me, SDC enthusiasts (and employees) will campaign HARD on the idea that it's NOT testing. But I do understand your meaning.

That's what this debate boils down to:

In 5 years, will SDCs be the next uber or the next Segway?

jocker12 likes this.
  5. goneubering

goneubering Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Somewhere in between because of the deep pockets involved trying to force or entice people out of their cars.

6. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    You may, and you are being reasonable, here. It is too bad that the same can not be stated for all participants in this discussion, which is why I am refusing to discuss the matter any further with said participants on such a topic. This is not a topic that I consider that important, Y-E-T, at least. If it is a topic that I consider important, such as unwarranted attacks on the cab business, I will post until the Administrators ban me. There are other topics on these boards to which I would rather devote my time.

7. RamzFanz

RamzFanz Well-Known Member

I have, many times. It doesn’t stop the naysayers. Your evidence is a google away, but we both know you won’t bother.

8. iheartuber

The problem with posting any link on the subject is any link you could possibly post all boil down to the same bottom line: MAYBE all these things will happen in the future as you are saying, but no hard proof anywhere and nowhere near any true "real world" experience.

So, post a link or don't it's all the same: we wait, we see what happens.

9. tomatopaste

tomatopaste Well-Known Member

So you're telling me there's a chance Tomato could be wrong. YEEEEEAAAAAAH!

10. goneubering

goneubering Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It's good form to provide a link supporting your claim instead of just saying Google it.

11. heynow321

heynow321 Well-Known Member

No you don't

12. iheartuber

oh there's a huge chance the Tomato is wrong. But to be fair I'll just say maybe not-- big maybe, BTW

Ps I think you meant to say "there's a chance the Tomato is right"

13. wb6vpm

wb6vpm Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    lol @ this thread...

jocker12 likes this.
  14. tomatopaste

15. iheartuber

16. tomatopaste

She then says: "but it's 100 percent." Chastain and I agreed to 95 percent solely because certainty freaks you guys out.

17. jocker12

jocker12 Active Member

Good you understand when I told you to stop.

You keep making strange statements even if I am sure you don't want to.

First - You are implying "other participants" to this discussion are not reasonable, right? But websites Terms and Rules states "Opposing opinions are encouraged. Appropriate discourse confronts the idea, not the member."
    NOT THE MEMBER. If you read my posts, I addressed your statements not the person but you say other members are not reasonable.

Second. Let's say "other participants" to this discussion are not reasonable. Then why are you even mentioning the possibility of being banned by the Administrators? See how you are conflicting yourself? Again?

18. tomatopaste

True, but there are only passionate believers with facts on one side.

19. iheartuber

Sir, customers may or may not choose to flock to an SDC rideshare over uber. It is still at this point unproven. Def NOT a "fact"

And at the end of the day, that's the only "fact" that matters

Also, it remains to be seen if Waymo knows how to run a taxi business. They (or, more accurately, you) have given me very low confidence.

20. uberboy48

uberboy48 Active Member

Away for them to pay people less, pointless tech, really hope it fails