Water, Gum, Candy???

Euius

I used to keep mints, but I ate them all. I think I got asked twice, ever.

Nobody has ever asked for water, and I don't keep it in the car. I used to be concious about hiding my own water when a passenger was in the car, but I've stopped even doing that.

Uberbrethren

I can't believe pax still asking for water and gum, this guy Using Uberpool was upset because i dnt have water in my car. You guys still have all those things in your car?? I'm new member here but I been driving for uber for 2 years.
Hi US415, that's just wrong and pains me to hear it. Bet you were stunned. To me, getting the pax safely to his or her destination in a clean car is the gig. If the average ride were $20 net, then I could see that level of service, but a $20 fare is a rarity these days.

manuella

every once in a while I get a guy like that and I respond with a smile then keep quiet or answer with how is your day ? I have been trying not to rate anyone 1

Uberslave415

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the guy gave me 1 star my rating was 4.90 is down to 4.88. I wish there was something we can do about the rating system.

Uberbrethren

I think the guy gave me 1 star my rating was 4.90 is down to 4.88. I wish there was something we can do about the rating system.
US415, It is frustrating to have someone unfairly diminish your work, but I think us drivers need to be emotionally liberated from the ratings system. Given that there are no guidelines or controls, it really has no meaning as long as you are in the 4.7-4.8 range and you are comfortably above that. The sad thing is that there is no reward for high ratings. A person who is highly rated should get something of value - a gift card, ride credit or something. Keep up the great work. Best,

Uberslave415

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uberbrethren, yes is unfair but like you say it doesn't really Matter if you have 4.9 or 4.7 we all get treated the same. Lol I feel my rating should be 4.95 I always take the pax to the right place and I'm always professional. But now I look at my self like the Transporter take the package From point A to point B no questions ask lol

manuella

Uberbrethren, yes is unfair but like you say it doesn't really Matter if you have 4.9 or 4.7 we all get treated the same. Lol I feel my rating should be 4.95 I always take the pax to the right place and I'm always professional. But now I look at my self like the Transporter take the package From point A to point B no questions ask lol
Sometimes you mess up without realizing and most people won't say anything to you but will give you a 4 for it cause being fake is kind polite lol

As long as you don't get complaints for things like unsafe driving or hitting on women you are fine with uber & trust me you are rewarded for good ratings if not now later

ShockSmoove

Sometimes you mess up without realizing and most people won't say anything to you but will give you a 4 for it cause being fake is kind polite lol

As long as you don't get complaints for things like unsafe driving or hitting on women you are fine with uber & trust me you are rewarded for good ratings if not now later
What form of reward do you get? My friend who used to drive said the same thing..

RedoBeach

US415, It is frustrating to have someone unfairly diminish your work, but I think us drivers need to be emotionally liberated from the ratings system. Given that there are no guidelines or controls, it really has no meaning as long as you are in the 4.7-4.8 range and you are comfortably above that. The sad thing is that there is no reward for high ratings. A person who is highly rated should get something of value - a gift card, ride credit or something. Keep up the great work. Best,
Speaking of ride credit.. Pax mentioned the other day that she thought drivers got free rides.

..Only when we're driving!

Geo la

I got asked twice from someone if they can have some water... From the bottle that I was already drinking out of....

manuella

What form of reward do you get? My friend who used to drive said the same thing..
Let's say for example the matching algorithms if you are consistently highly rated makes sense that you will get matched with other highly rated pax

Also if heaven forbid you get into some crazy situation what's on your file will contribute to uber telling the media "we are investing the matter " to "we have deactivated the driver and are cooperating with law inforcement"

Lyft is more upfront about this kind thing but no way uber isn't doing the same thing or heading in that direction

NASCAR1991

Why tha...you all worry about that stupid rating.
Noobs crying...ohh my rating was 4.99 now it 4.94...who gives a shit...show me one person.
Some noobs speak out of their ass and say.."oh you will care when you get deactivated"...your a dumb @@@@.
If you get deactivated due to rating and just rating..take ur baby nuts to closea uber office and they will reactivate you as long as you tell them you will do better. Worse case they will make you take 50 dollar uber rating course...simple done deal.

I did offer water for a while and no one ever wanted any.So I stopped carrying it around but I always have gum only because I also like to chew it,no one ever asks for it either.