1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Watch Out: Uber did not pay toll for the entire stretch of our most famous toll road here in Dallas

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by ebrain, Nov 13, 2016.

1. ebrain

ebrain

Picked pax from dowtown Dallas, going all the way to last exist in Frisco. Entered Dallas North Toll Road as suggested by the app where it starts, and existed at very last exit. Checked fare and there was no toll paid by Uber. Just wow!! It was $5.05 toll in my case I just calculated summing up all 4 toll scanners I crossed.

Would highly recommend all drivers to pay close attention to tolls. I cannot believe Uber has this particular toll wrong. This is probably the most frequently traveled toll road in entire DFW.

2. dirtylee

dirtylee

Driving:
    UberX
    Well known issue. We stopped posting about this in the dallas forum long ago.

On a personal note; maybe you shouldn't drive. Your posts reek with attitude & intolerant whining.

Shangsta likes this.
  3. ebrain

ebrain

1 - Wasn't aware of toll issue.
    2 - Thanks for the note. Earning 6 figures for many years doing Uber because I love to be on the road especially at nights .. But there are annoyances. Guess I need to cool down a little. Thanks for reminder.

Cheers!

4. Geo305

Geo305

Hey ignore the troll,

Yes its something you have to look into they state you need be aware of this fee because its not their responsibility. They are not liable to provide you with infromation you are your own boss.

If you earn six figures why waste your time in this ?

Keep posting any issues and ignore the trolls.

5. EX_

EX_

Driving:
    Lyft
    Ugh...Just stop it.

6. GrinsNgiggles

GrinsNgiggles

This is a long standing issue. I check every trip after I'm done (while waiting on the next trip). Send them a fare review immediately. I've gotten all of mine back so far. Every once in a while they'll ask for proof so just send them a screenshot. I downloaded the ntta app so I can check easily from my phone. Sometimes the toll is delayed from showing so just keep checking the app every once in a while. It's pretty quick to do. You may want to search the forum there's a lot of discussion on this topic.

ebrain and Geo305 like this.
  7. CrazyT

CrazyT

Driving:
    UberX
    I get the same issue on a couple of toll roads here in Maryland. I always check the ride after it's finished and if I don't see a toll, send in a fare review. Of course I get the "send us a receipt or a screen shot of your EZ pass". I started telling them the EZ doesn't post for a few days and by then they'll say it's too late. They can see on the map of the route where it is, and I tell them the route numbers involved. They take care of it right away. Now I just send them the route numbers involved including there I got on and off and I don't get the request for a receipt anymore.

Geo305 likes this.
  8. ebrain

ebrain

Thanks for the idea about downloading NTTA App. Thus far I only requested like 5 pay backs rest I just dont have time to go back and submit. Lesson learned. Thanks for educating me.

9. ebrain

ebrain

I love driving. Have driven over half a million miles on I-35 between Dallas and San Antonio (family was in San Antonio and I worked in Dallas going back and forth every weekend for > 7 years and before that I worked in Austin doing 250+ miles everyday for 4 years). Now own an IT Company. Sold 40% stake and do nothing. Got an idea around a smartphone app for Uber/Lyft drivers that is how I started doing Uber/Lyft to have a hand-on experience before investing into it. Have not been able to convince myself (yet) if it is worth spending $$

10. GrinsNgiggles

GrinsNgiggles

It might be worth your time. I probably get back about $40 a month and I only drive about 15-20 hours a week.