Watch out for Cape Elizabeth

Nova828

Everytime I get a passenger in Cape Elizabeth my rating seems to drop. Maybe Uber needs to launch Uber Black, or Select or Plus or something like that for the people there. I don't think they like having to use X. If you're worried about your rating, you might want to ingore the Cape Pings (unless it's tourists at Fort Williams, no problems there) On the plus side the fares are usually a lot longer then the back to back $3.20 net fares you get driving in the Old Port.

Chris's Fusion

The Cape market can be great. You just have to be ontop of your game. I drive a new Ford Fusion and always keep it stocked with water and ammenities such as chargers and aux cord. Dressing nicely is also a must. I always wear a nice shirt and slacks, sometimes even a tie. I open and close the doors for riders and try and be as close to a private car as possibile. This has earned me much praise from riders and even some great tips. My current rating is a 4.96.

Nova828

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very nice! I drive a tiny Kia Rio with some impossible to remove stains on the back seat caused by a stick of deodorant that melted in the sun. I have a charger and aux cord...that I use for my own phone (I'll let the rider use them if they ask, but I don't offer). I wear shorts and a tee shirt, sometimes an old beat up one, and never open and close the door for anyone unless they're handicapped. My rating is 4.86. I was at a high of 4.89 before the deodorant stain appeared though. I try to avoid the Cape for those reasons but I live in SoPo so I often get my first trip out of there and end up taking it. Usually the passenger seems to not notice the stains or care how I'm dressed or anything like that, but I do notice that my 1 and 7 day ratings are less than 5.0 so I'll bet it the Cape passengers rating me low. How long have you been driving?

mainelaptop

I bet under a month. I hope he isn't serious about actually using a brand new car for uber x, the deprecation alone is killer on that. I drive a 2005 Prius with 200k miles and my rating is 5.0, shorts and a t-shirt here as well. I don't open doors. I am polite and get people where they need to go.
Screenshot_2015-09-05.jpg

Chris's Fusion

I have been online since May and yes the I know it is a killer on the cars value however with my lease aggrements it is actually not that bad at all for me. I also don't go out of my way to uber all the time. I work full time at the jetport so most of the time I grab fares from there after work, and I have been lucky with getting some nice long distance fares from there. I do venture into Portland on some weekends espically when I am in need of some extra money, like right now. I also have maintained a 4.95 overall rating. Mainelaptop wont your car age out of the system come the new year?

Last edited:

Chris's Fusion

Very nice! I drive a tiny Kia Rio with some impossible to remove stains on the back seat caused by a stick of deodorant that melted in the sun. I have a charger and aux cord...that I use for my own phone (I'll let the rider use them if they ask, but I don't offer). I wear shorts and a tee shirt, sometimes an old beat up one, and never open and close the door for anyone unless they're handicapped. My rating is 4.86. I was at a high of 4.89 before the deodorant stain appeared though. I try to avoid the Cape for those reasons but I live in SoPo so I often get my first trip out of there and end up taking it. Usually the passenger seems to not notice the stains or care how I'm dressed or anything like that, but I do notice that my 1 and 7 day ratings are less than 5.0 so I'll bet it the Cape passengers rating me low. How long have you been driving?
Have you tired using the shampoo at scrub-a-dub. It works great for me when I need to get stains out and it makes the car smell great as well.

mainelaptop

I have been online since May and yes the I know it is a killer on the cars value however with my lease aggrements it is actually not that bad at all for me. I also don't go out of my way to uber all the time. I work full time at the jetport so most of the time I grab fares from there after work, and I have been lucky with getting some nice long distance fares from there. I do venture into Portland on some weekends espically when I am in need of some extra money, like right now. I also have maintained a 4.95 overall rating. Mainelaptop wont your car age out of the system come the new year?
Hey Chris, sorry if I was a bit salty, guess I was reading too many horror stories on here this morning (this whole website is filled with some pretty negative folks). I was channeling them and thinking that you were training passengers to expect a level of service that many drivers don't feel like the passengers are paying enough to deserve (lower than cab prices for private car service in a new lease). Regarding my vehicle aging out; Maine accepts back to 2004 right now so I assume I have at least another year before the model year becomes an issue. I also uber as a second gig, just when I have the time and I am willing to not have any beer in the evening ;P How many miles a year are you allowed on your lease?

Chris's Fusion

Well with the better service comes better ratings and they actually feel the need to tip. My lease is low mileage and I do this as a second gig as well just when I feel like it. However my lease gives me mileage forgivness and a minium 1,500 down on my next car if I get another ford.

Adaminmaine

The Cape market can be great. You just have to be ontop of your game. I drive a new Ford Fusion and always keep it stocked with water and ammenities such as chargers and aux cord. Dressing nicely is also a must. I always wear a nice shirt and slacks, sometimes even a tie. I open and close the doors for riders and try and be as close to a private car as possibile. This has earned me much praise from riders and even some great tips. My current rating is a 4.96.
Wow! Really? That's awesome.