• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Wasting precious data limits on streaming music for pax

blackjackross

Last night a female pax asked me if I had Spotify on my phone. I told her that I did so she asked me to play an Adelle playlist for her on my phone. I offered her to connect my aux cable for her to listen on her phone. She said that she was very low on data and wanted to save it for "essential stuff". WTF, so I'm supposed to play DJ and subsidize a pax's 45 minute trip from downtown to ORD listening to music at my expense? I've even had pax ask to play a certain podcast on a trip to ORD because they were "bored".

I have stopped honoring requests from pax for me to play Spotify/Pandora music for them on my phone. I have a limited amount of data on my ATT plan. Yeah, I know some of you will say change to another carrier that gives you free data. I don't want to change to another carrier just because some millenial wants to listen to Adelle or Chance the Rapper for 20 minutes on my nickel. Unless Uber reimburses drivers for data charges, they need to take Pandora off their app as it only encourages stupid requests.

This is supposed to be a rideshare, not an entertainment experience.

Greenghost2212

Last night a female pax asked me if I had Spotify on my phone. I told her that I did so she asked me to play an Adelle playlist for her on my phone. I offered her to connect my aux cable for her to listen on her phone. She said that she was very low on data and wanted to save it for "essential stuff". WTF, so I'm supposed to play DJ and subsidize a pax's 45 minute trip from downtown to ORD listening to music at my expense? I've even had pax ask to play a certain podcast on a trip to ORD because they were "bored".

I have stopped honoring requests from pax for me to play Spotify/Pandora music for them on my phone. I have a limited amount of data on my ATT plan. Yeah, I know some of you will say change to another carrier that gives you free data. I don't want to change to another carrier just because some millenial wants to listen to Adelle or Chance the Rapper for 20 minutes on my nickel. Unless Uber reimburses drivers for data charges, they need to take Pandora off their app as it only encourages stupid requests.

If u want to be a good rideshare driver now days u have to be entertaining somewhat. I've had pax basically try to treat my car like their own on multiple occasions.

Fuzzyelvis

I have never even considered doing this for pax. My rating is fine. So just say no. If they ask I just say I have no idea how to do that but it doesn't matter as I know it takes data and I have barely any left.

I also claim to not have a aux cord. I don't want to listen to their crappy "music" anyway.

NadZrag

All of this would it have been fine, if Uber paid 1.50 per mile, I guarantee you.
If driver is not satisfied with Uber treatment, passenger won't be satisfied with driver treatment.
Domino effect that Uber is overlooking, and it's definitely having a negative impact towards the ridesharing concept.
How are they taking care of this, still giving lots of incentives by referring new drivers, instead of treating experience drivers fairly.
F@#% Uber!

drummerboy

Caught a 2.8× when u of c winter formal leaving science museum on saturday. They got to listen to music going to downtown bar. Their device, i let them play loud.

Stlman

97.9 da loop or if hawks or bulls game is on. Never do I play pandora or anything and now I don't even let them use my aux cord when they ask for it I just say I don't have one. Still 4.9 rating and I get tips regularly because I'm with lyft, I provide good conversation if they want to and or I leave them alone and give them a safe ride.

Juggernaut

You only make $10 on trips to ORD after $5 Chicago tax and gas. Not worth it if you have to dead head it back and there is traffic both ways. Dont waste your data or your time.

veblenrules

If u want to be a good rideshare driver now days u have to be entertaining somewhat. I've had pax basically try to treat my car like their own on multiple occasions.
If I want to be a good ride share driver I need to reexamine my priorities. I give 'em a prompt pickup in a clean safe vehicle and I don't get lost. Nobody gets killed and I don't depend on an inaccurate GPS. That's plenty for less than 60% of taxi fare.

Greenghost2212

My dude I didn't studder lol. And u dudes wonder why u don't get tips. This one old couple gave me 20 apiece tips just for getting them there safe and fast and they said I gave them good conversation (the thing some of u dudes hate doing). Didn't complain seeing as I made 30 already for the trip.

If I want to be a good ride share driver I need to reexamine my priorities. I give 'em a prompt pickup in a clean safe vehicle and I don't get lost. Nobody gets killed and I don't depend on an inaccurate GPS. That's plenty for less than 60% of taxi fare.

And taxis been overpriced here in Chicago for a LONG time.

uber78

Guys fk the pax put end to it. Let them know that this is not a fking taxi tell them this is your personal car you use it for your family to.

75drive

The answer is simple! No! I'm trying to remember the last time I asked a taxi or Uber driver to listen to something other than what they were listening to. Never! Who the @@@@ do these jerkoffs think they are? Again the answer is NO!

Fred Ex

You have to learn to say NO to these people. Also make sure your profile doesn't show you as offering music.
Uber aren't going to drop Pandora, they have a deal to supply phones to particularly dumb newbies and it comes with unlimited data for Pandora.
It's up to you to look after yourself in the car, Uber couldn't care less and won't do it.