Waste UBERSAUR's time, drop $5.00!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporadic

Anytime someone says 2 minutes, 90% of them will take at least 5.

Every time I rock up to a restaurant on an Uber Eats ping and they tell me "a couple of minutes more", I tell them "no worries, take your time, don't sweat it". (We get late fees of A$10 Uber fee-exempt if the restaurant takes more than 10 min to hand the food over, so on a min fare trip of <1 km that nets A$9.20, that's already double the payout. And that's just for sitting there, chatting to the staff, finding out their busy periods to determine if they are a good spot to camp out at.)

t5contra

Screen shot every $5 cancellation. Uber has a tendency to reverse the charge back to pax who write and complain. If you will message uber about it they will just respond with "what trip?" Or "can you screen shot us the trip you are talking about?" Knowing damn well you that you obviously can't provide a copy of the trip that they reversed and deleted.

Last edited:

fm2t

Screen shot every $5 cancellation. Uber has a tendency to reverse the charge back to pax who write and complain. If you will message uber about it they will just respond with "what trip?" Or "can you screen shot us the trip you are talking about?" Knowing damn well you that you obviously can't provide a copy of the trip that they reversed and deleted.
Yes I've seen them do this. The trip was there and then magically disappears.

CantThrowCantCatch

I have a standard text I send immediately to keep track of time for the 5 min cancellation. Also in case they somehow don't get the notification that I've arrived. With me usually trying to complete a bunch of trips to get gold/platinum I want as few cancellations as possible.

Tars Tarkas

Get a second dash cam focused on your phone in its holder. Then all the screens are saved and can be found later.

Just made that up. I think I'm clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.