Washington Post reporter looking to speak with Uber Eats drivers in SF

james_pc

Hi everyone,

I'm a reporter with The Washington Post based in SF.

We're working on a story about what Uber Eats drivers go through delivering in San Francisco and we're looking to speak with some drivers. If anyone has anything they'd like to share about working for Uber Eats, I'm all ears.

Please feel free to email me at [email protected]

If you'd like to communicate with encryption, I can give you my Signal info via email.

Looking forward to hearing from some of you.

Best,

James

hydeflow

I'm in Pittsburgh but I hope you SF drivers don't forget to mention that Uber calculates fares based on time and distance *estimates*. Not based on *what actually transpires*. So if you get caught in 45 minutes of dead stop traffic during rush hour, tough sh!t. Uber didn't "estimate" that would happen. If the restaurant makes you wait 30 minutes for the food, tough sh!t. Uber didn't "estimate" that either. So you could go on a 75 minute trip for 1 order and receive $5 total for it Factor out $0.54 per mile and it's wayyyyyyy less than minimum wage.

But all of society just shrugs and goes "well anybody can do that job" / "that's your fault for being an Uber driver".

MarvinG

Try contacting Gig Workers Rising, they have built a good network of drivers and delivery folks, they will be able to get you more than a few.

Hi everyone,

I'm a reporter with The Washington Post based in SF.

We're working on a story about what Uber Eats drivers go through delivering in San Francisco and we're looking to speak with some drivers. If anyone has anything they'd like to share about working for Uber Eats, I'm all ears.

Please feel free to email me at [email protected]

If you'd like to communicate with encryption, I can give you my Signal info via email.

Looking forward to hearing from some of you.

Best,

James