Was it at the ord pit??

Ad nauseam

Whereas not necessarily fake, inaccurate. LyftGecko wuz there. Hey, I'm 54. Thought I was reading my obit.

Gawd help us, if it's anything but normal, natural, medical emergency. If it was drinking or drugs the police will saturate the pit and pick for weeks. Look for increased presence for days.

The hold allows for part part timers. Those whose sole participation is a single ride home.from work. Which they are willing to wait hours to get. These guys, that guy. Hate. Hate. Hate.

If you are willing to die waiting for a ping in that gawd awful pit. I hate you. Stay dead.

Attachments

Last edited:

leroy jenkins

sad. probably the guy thought he had heartburn and could crank out a few rides before going home.

was really a heart attack. felt drowsy. decided to take a nap. never woke up.

if you're >50, it could be heartburn, it could be a heart attack. heart attacks often don't look like those you see on TV dramas. you could have a heart attack that lasts hours and not realize it until it's too late.

Koolbreze

Whereas not necessarily fake, inaccurate. LyftGecko wuz there. Hey, I'm 54. Thought I was reading my obit.

Gawd help us, if it's anything but normal, natural, medical emergency. If it was drinking or drugs the police will saturate the pit and pick for weeks. Look for increased presence for days.

The hold allows for part part timers. Those whose sole participation is a single ride home.from work. Which they are willing to wait hours to get. These guys, that guy. Hate. Hate. Hate.

If you are willing to die waiting for a ping in that gawd awful pit. I hate you. Stay dead.
only the dumb go to the pit

Damn you. Leroy the Killjoy.

Correct. Empathy and sympathy. Firstly, I's 50 and some. Two, I have heartburn all the time smoke after every ride and restate my position with a single well wrought line---

There, before the grace of God, go I.
Even God can't help ya

SuperStar3000

Another ant bites the dust. Just curious to know how the body was discovered.
You could be parked in the pit and dead for days and nobody would ever notice.
He was probably found by the cops when his car wouldn't move for the street sweepers.
Unfortunate - and a reminder that we should not push ourselves so hard.

SuperStar3000

1000 west o'hare way is the address of the pit, so probably.
CHICAGO (CBS) — A man was found dead late Wednesday night in a parking lot at O’Hare International Airport.

Police said the man was discovered in the ride share staging area around 10:45 p.m.

John Wohlman, 55, of Glenview, was pronounced dead at 11:51 p.m. at Resurrection Medical Center, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/04/26/ohare-parking-lot-death-investigation/

Last edited:

UberBeemer

This is very sad news. Uber probably denying any responibility, patting themselves on the back for their driver contractor status.

Ironically, the coroner wagon made several stops on the way to the morgue. Seems his app was still on and receiving stacked rides...

(Too soon?)

NoPooPool

This is very sad news. Uber probably denying any responibility, patting themselves on the back for their driver contractor status.

Ironically, the coroner wagon made several stops on the way to the morgue. Seems his app was still on and receiving stacked rides...

(Too soon?)
New Uber service. Coroner wagon Pool ride.

UberBeemer

You need to laugh at death. especially if you're old enough to have more days behind you than in front.

circle of life. and all that.

but just also do yourself a favor and don't ignore symptoms of heart attacks or strokes or ass cancer.
I get it brother. This guy was my age too.

SuperStar3000

Glenview man, 55, found dead in O’Hare parking lot committed suicide

A man who died Wednesday night after being found unresponsive in a parking lot at O’Hare International Airport committed suicide, officials said.

John Wohlman, 55, of Glenview, was found at 10:46 p.m. in the 1000 block of West O’Hare Way, according to Chicago Police the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office. He was treated on scene and taken to Presence Resurrection Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at 11:51 p.m.

An autopsy Thursday found he died of blunt force injuries suffered in a fall and his death was ruled a suicide, the medical examiner’s office said.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/police-investigating-death-of-man-found-in-ohare-parking-lot/

Chicago-uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glenview man, 55, found dead in O’Hare parking lot committed suicide

A man who died Wednesday night after being found unresponsive in a parking lot at O’Hare International Airport committed suicide, officials said.

John Wohlman, 55, of Glenview, was found at 10:46 p.m. in the 1000 block of West O’Hare Way, according to Chicago Police the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office. He was treated on scene and taken to Presence Resurrection Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at 11:51 p.m.

An autopsy Thursday found he died of blunt force injuries suffered in a fall and his death was ruled a suicide, the medical examiner’s office said.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/police-investigating-death-of-man-found-in-ohare-parking-lot/

Yeah.. looks like not rideshare related. Lot C. Probably jumped from the upper levels.

https://www.journal-topics.com/articles/autopsy-today-for-glenview-man-found-in-ohare-parking-lot/

SuperStar3000

Yeah.. looks like not rideshare related. Lot C. Probably jumped from the upper levels.
I have not seen any report that the person was a rideshare driver.
I may have drawn conclusions when I read "Police said the man was discovered in the ride share staging area around 10:45 p.m."
Still curious to know how the guy jumps to his death, and ends up in the ORD pit.
If it actually happened in the pit, there is certain to be someone with dashcam footage.