Was it a prank?

TrappedLo

441am accepted a ping. Arrived at pickup location. Waited 2+3min, no show. Gave a courtesy call to pax, and he rejected the call. Fine, cancelled, I moved on. Cancellation fee applied.
Within 3 sec after I cancelled, same ping appeared. Fine,gave it another go. Waited 1 min, pax texted 'I'll be ready soon'. Waited 1+4 min this time, no show,called, rejected again. Cancelled, cancellation fee applied again.
Within 3 sec, exactly same ping appeared again. F*CK it, ignored, I moved on with 2 X cancellation fee.
Not that I care, just being curious, why would a pax do that? A prank?

Uber_BoutsBangAU

441am accepted a ping. Arrived at pickup location. Waited 2+3min, no show. Gave a courtesy call to pax, and he rejected the call. Fine, cancelled, I moved on. Cancellation fee applied.
Within 3 sec after I cancelled, same ping appeared. Fine,gave it another go. Waited 1 min, pax texted 'I'll be ready soon'. Waited 1+4 min this time, no show,called, rejected again. Cancelled, cancellation fee applied again.
Within 3 sec, exactly same ping appeared again. F*CK it, ignored, I moved on with 2 X cancellation fee.
Possible fake account in use and currently there are riders and drivers conducting and engaging in this activity.Be alert.

Immoralized

Sit there all day. $45-50 per hour in cancel fees and you don't even have to move just switch the engine off :smiles:

Wolfetone

Uber have a problem with scheduled pick ups . The cars are getting sent up to 30 mins early . I have got about 10 cancellations over the last two weeks because of this . One lady I sent a text message to as it 1.6 surge and long trip, she asked me to wait 10 mins and gave me a $20 tip for my trouble.
Only if the customer cancels the job will it stop sending requests

TrappedLo

Yup, it was scheduled pickup for the initial ping. But, hell,this guy not picking up the phone, so I can only cancelled as instructed by the app.
Post automatically merged:

Uber have a problem with scheduled pick ups . The cars are getting sent up to 30 mins early . I have got about 10 cancellations over the last two weeks because of this . One lady I sent a text message to as it 1.6 surge and long trip, she asked me to wait 10 mins and gave me a $20 tip for my trouble.
Do you mean the subsequent ping were sent out by Uber system instead of pax?

hello_melbs

Really?! Everytime I’ve had a scheduled trip it’s been pretty smooth. It’s always been a 7min ping. I arrive at the location and it comes up as Scheduled Trip (2:00PM). I’m always there early but only like 5-8 mins early. They always get charged wait time. Riders tell me Uber tells them the driver will be there in a 15 min radius of the scheduled time.
I’ve only ever had scheduled trips in the inner suburbs though.

ubermercury

These are BS pre booked (or scheduled) trips. Uber is taking the P out of everybody.
They quote 15 mins either side because they only put the job out like any other ride,not when the rider books it. It's not as if they advise a driver other than in the course of normal Uber business.

I picked up a rider at 6.30pm and he asked why the trip was x1.8 when it was x1 when he booked it. When I told him I only got the ride request 8 minutes ago he told me he'd booked it a 4.30pm. I told him to complain to Uber.

Wolfetone

Yup, it was scheduled pickup for the initial ping. But, hell,this guy not picking up the phone, so I can only cancelled as instructed by the app.
Post automatically merged:

Do you mean the subsequent ping were sent out by Uber system instead of pax?
That is what happened to me I got the same trip 3 times. I only took 2 cancellation fees .
Problem is until you get to the location it doesn’t come up the scheduled pick up time .
I have got there at 5.35am and it comes up scheduled pick up 6 am

Adums

These are BS pre booked (or scheduled) trips. Uber is taking the P out of everybody.
They quote 15 mins either side because they only put the job out like any other ride,not when the rider books it. It's not as if they advise a driver other than in the course of normal Uber business.

I picked up a rider at 6.30pm and he asked why the trip was x1.8 when it was x1 when he booked it. When I told him I only got the ride request 8 minutes ago he told me he'd booked it a 4.30pm. I told him to complain to Uber.
Pre booked rides are not exepmt from surges. It is made clear to customers when they book the scheduled ride.

D-River

Cheapskate Pax. Probably knew the area would be a high surge at that time, so pre booked to try and get a cheaper ride!!

Mojo24

Had this happen before where I accepted a ping drove to the pickup address (a house) and sat in the driveway. Waited a couple minutes then called. A young sounding girl answered, giggled at me then hung up.

Then I looked up to see a guy with his son at the passenger window. Window down, I asked him if there was an Amy needing an Uber. He said no one by that name here.

Cancelled and collected fee :o-o:

chrisboy

That is what happened to me I got the same trip 3 times. I only took 2 cancellation fees .
Problem is until you get to the location it doesn’t come up the scheduled pick up time .
I have got there at 5.35am and it comes up scheduled pick up 6 am
I had my first one last night, got there at 6 then pick up time showed 6.20. I cancelled after cancel button appeared. Should I have waited?, would the PAX know the wait time clock will be ticking over?.

ubermercury

Cheapskate Pax. Probably knew the area would be a high surge at that time, so pre booked to try and get a cheaper ride!!

I spent a n hour with the "Pax" and he was a cool guy who had no idea about surge. Not every rider is a cheapskate.

I've never used the rider app so I have no idea how clear Uber makes the point that surge could be applicable. I still maintain that it's a faux booking service.

D-River

I spent a n hour with the "Pax" and he was a cool guy who had no idea about surge. Not every rider is a cheapskate.

I've never used the rider app so I have no idea how clear Uber makes the point that surge could be applicable. I still maintain that it's a faux booking service.
Fair call. I thought by your post he was complaining a lot