Warning police sting in Manasquan

UberwhoIaM

Got a ping for address near what happens to be the Manasquan Police Department. Before I got close enough to notify the rider that I was there saw undercover cop talking on the radio cop lingo look like a young kid he saw me then I drove away try to call me I cancelled I got no idea what's really going on but it looks like you're trying to do something be carefu. Bar was called the rail name on account was Nick C.

Last edited:

UberwhoIaM

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look I know what I saw. I pulled into closest spot to the door to The Irish Rail (Right next to the Manasquan police station I realized afterwards) and saw a young guy standing there. Rolled down the window as he was fidgeting with something that look like some type of hidden radio. Heard him said (10-4). He then looked up saw me as I started to drive away. As I started to pull out onto the street I got a call from my rider and quickly cancelled ride. You can believe it or not. I'm just trying to warn those that aren't aware of the area like I wasn't until that happened.

Last edited:
The damn police were out in full force around the Parker house. Why? Are they being paid off by the cab companies?

Last edited by a moderator:

UberwhoIaM

The damn police were out in full force around the Parker house. Why? Are they being paid off by the cab companies?
For some reason I didn't get even on ping for there. I did have a woman cancel that wanted to go there but she had to wait for a friends that didn't show up.

Were they in cars or walking around? That's a dangerous town (with cops) if you don't know the area.

gonzotildawn

Just don't drop or pickup pax outside the area that is DESIGNATED FOR UBER. Go past Parker House to beach and hang a left.
Police are engraving your personal invitation!

AxL

Easy, you are not the biggest criminal, yet.
As of today nobody needs to pay, one complaint with your plates and you are in. They will start looking for you and pull you over as soon as the scanner cathes you.
However as of now nobody bothers ubers around where I drive, the South Shore.

I spoke with PA driver and he told me if any tickets occur he will hand them to their office. How is here with NJ partners? Do all drivers with tickets sign a paper, that they will not post anything after the court appearance?

And if the cab companies were that strong, they will force the townships to give them more licenses. At least they should be able to renew their fleet.

TheNJBen

That's probably true ... I asked a wildwood cop what they thought of uber and he told me they a lot of them use uber. I've had Avalon cops move me along at the Princeton knowing full well I was uber because he just talked to me telling me I can park where I was but to contact my passengers to hurry out and then they severely overloaded my car but before I could kick people out he told me to get going. I've had state troopers as passengers too and they tell me the state police generally could care less about uber.

MaximusMurkimus

A cop in Belmar told me to move along after I pulled over in a street near Bar A to adjust my phone, and that he should've given me a ticket for driving for Uber but wasn't going to. I played dumb and left the shore because I didn't want to risk him seeing me again.

The hell, I thought Bar A was an official spot for Uber?

Jeff1205

A cop in Belmar told me to move along after I pulled over in a street near Bar A to adjust my phone, and that he should've given me a ticket for driving for Uber but wasn't going to. I played dumb and left the shore because I didn't want to risk him seeing me again.

The hell, I thought Bar A was an official spot for Uber?
Probably because you didn't pull into the Uber lot.

Respectful drivers do not have any issue at the shore. People who drop off in the road, pull into taxi stands, or drive with their phones in their hands up against their noses are another story...

UPnard

I'm confused about this post. For what exactly would the sting be? If you were obeying driving laws, what exactly could an officer have done to you? I don't doubt what you saw, but I do doubt your conclusion. I also doubt that I know all the rules and regulations, so that's why I ask: What could the sting have been for?

Gause22SHU

Would be entrapment and thrown out by any judge.

Obey traffic laws your fine. Be a jackass impeding flow of traffic you're gonna have problems

UberwhoIaM

I'm confused about this post. For what exactly would the sting be? If you were obeying driving laws, what exactly could an officer have done to you? I don't doubt what you saw, but I do doubt your conclusion. I also doubt that I know all the rules and regulations, so that's why I ask: What could the sting have been for?
Whether it would have held up in court I don't know but I can only guess they would have either ticketed me for livery without proper plates and insurance or they would have given me a warning or some other legal threat. Manasquan is known for busting Uber drivers balls. The guy was wearing a jacket on a hot summer night and just under his jacket collar was a small Mic/radio device he was talking into. This bar is directly next door to the Manasquan Police Department. I did not know that at the time.

Derek404

Got a ping for address near what happens to be the Manasquan Police Department. Before I got close enough to notify the rider that I was there saw undercover cop talking on the radio cop lingo look like a young kid he saw me then I drove away try to call me I cancelled I got no idea what's really going on but it looks like you're trying to do something be carefu. Bar was called the rail name on account was Nick C.
damn dude learn how to write.