*Warning, Pax can now damage your car without consequences

Rideshareguy123

Saturday afternoon I pick up a douchy couple from the airport going to a short downtown ride. As soon as they get in they break out packs of pretzels and crakers and proceed to pig out in my car, of course, making a mess in the back...but thats not the worst part....as the two idiots proceeded to exit my vehicle, they close the door (twice) with the seatbelts out of the car causing two very noticable scratches to the paint.....all they said was opps sorry and walked off... I was livid. I immediately contacted uber and filed a complaint with pics....and what was ubers answer???? A big middle finger....beware drivers

Attachments

PioneerXi

I’ve not had a damage claim on Uber. Is there a link to what Uber claims is fair wear and tear that supports their evaluation?

Talcire

Honestly (not trolling), it's very surprising that Uber would ever cover any damage or cleaning fee. I think that blurs the contractor / employee issue. I have been a contractor for 19 years. I would be laughed at by my clients if I came to them explaining my car was damaged while I was interacting with a subject in the course of my duties. They have zero obligation to take care of any aspect of the services I provide. I do the job, they pay me. If something goes wrong, it's my job to deal with it.
You are a sole-proprietor and this arranged transportation is your business. As a contractor, it's always a game of tug o' war: your client pulls and pulls on you, dragging you toward employee-like status, and you pull back, maintaining your independent contractor status. The final arbiter is the I.R.S..
Be grateful we ever received a penny for any mess or damage. We are not owed it.

DirtyRead

I don't know what it is about people and their absolute lack of proper car door edict. Last night my car door was slammed as hard as humanly possible. Of course this was in P.B. by some mouth breathing lounge lizard unable to handle the fact that his sure thing was leaving without him. I heard my female pax tell him twice she was going home and he was not invited. He attempted to walk around to the drivers side back door but I was already outside and explained using words with the least amount of syllables that he was not getting in. Then he walks back around for one more kiss. At this point my hand is primed to cancel the ride but it was a good surge so....Finally our blue balled Romeo accepts his fate and feels that my car door was the only reason he was not getting laid and swivels his body like a juiced up handball player and SLAMS the door. I was pissed and told not to Find slam my door. He is denying it and blames the girl. The girl was already sitting(well half sitting half tilting half way from passing out) in the back. Talk about a real class act. I get out to access for damage which F-Boy thinks is a challenge to fight so he immediately raises his voice as he back away further and further the louder he gets. No damage thank G-D. As we leave I can hear him saying Yeah you better leave. Sorry for your one star but pick better friends to hang out with. I sent an email to Uber with the whole story and clearly said there was no damage and Uber replies with please provide pictures of the damage so they can reimburse me for repair
Honestly (not trolling), it's very surprising that Uber would ever cover any damage or cleaning fee. I think that blurs the contractor / employee issue. I have been a contractor for 19 years. I would be laughed at by my clients if I came to them explaining my car was damaged while I was interacting with a subject in the course of my duties. They have zero obligation to take care of any aspect of the services I provide. I do the job, they pay me. If something goes wrong, it's my job to deal with it.
You are a sole-proprietor and this arranged transportation is your business. As a contractor, it's always a game of tug o' war: your client pulls and pulls on you, dragging you toward employee-like status, and you pull back, maintaining your independent contractor status. The final arbiter is the I.R.S..
Be grateful we ever received a penny for any mess or damage. We are not owed it.
I see what you are saying in your case but I really don't think it applies here. If you or your child breaks something in a store, You pay for it. If you stain the carpet at a hotel you pay. As drivers we don't arrange the ride that is done through the app. We just accept or deny the rides. The passenger app was rules laid out that the pax agrees to by booking a ride and one of those is liability for damages to drivers property. We accept rides with that understanding in mind. What other industries do or don't is inconsequential. The issue here is where Uber draws the line with acceptable and liable damages.