Warning on the destination filter!!!

Hey now

had a ride take me near I17 and Happy Valley. I decided to try the destination filter to take me back home for lunch. I got a match fairly quick at the deer valley airport. Picked up 4 student pilots who wanted to go to a soccer store on cave creek and the 101. Took them there and they asked if they ran in and out if I could also drive them back to their apartment. They were pretty quick in and out, so the wait was only a few minutes. Then took them home to pinnacle peak and I17 (out of my way on the destination). When I ended the ride I noticed my cut was $3.21 for 12 miles and 25 minutes. With current rates the fare should have been around $14 before uber's stake. I emailed uber with the info on the extra stop and time and they wrote back "we've reviewed this trip again (complained twice). In this case, your fare is accurate. Fares can only be adjusted for additional time and distance on a flat rate trip. We cannot make any adjustment as per policy". So, I'm warning drivers who use the destination filter to only stick to the route, don't make any extra stops for your pax because you probably won't get paid for the extra time and miles.

Hey now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good for you. I guess I didn't know that, hence the warning to other drivers like me who didn't.

Agent99

I am really concerned about what happened here. My understanding has been that Uber always pays drivers based on actual time and distance regardless of whether the trip is UberX, Uberpool, a filtered ride, or a fixed, upfront fare charged to the passenger. A filtered trip shouldn't mean reduced net compensation paid to the driver. It should always be based on actual time and distance. If Uber is deviating from that, I want to know and I think everyone else should know too. $3.21 for 12 miles and 25 minutes makes no sense at all. I know rates are low but that still makes no sense. Uber's response makes no sense either. Also, they said nothing about your using the destination filter being a relevant factor (or did they, in another email?) Something seems very wrong here. It seems like there are some big pieces of information missing that would explain how they calculated the original fare.

Hey now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
uber's first response was " we've reviewed this trip. In this case, your fare is accurate. Fares can only be adjusted for additional time and distance on a flat rate trip". I then sent them the info regarding my extra time and distance. Their next response is stated in my first post. After the second response I sent them an email detailing my frustration with uber and where they can stick it! I got no response. After I cooled off I sent a fourth email going over my entire route again and asked if they could review it one more time. After this they sent an email back saying I am eligible for a fare adjustment and it was changed from the $3.21 to the $15.51.

Jdemonto

I have noticed at times that the destination pays less than a regular trip. It's supposed to be standard rates and they consider surge promotional rates. Can't wait for Fare to pick up.

Jdemonto

I wish fare would pick too. I have had that running with no pings for 2 weeks now.
I got one $32 and one $6 ride. Seems to be popular In Tempe,east Mesa and the west side. I have got pings in old town too. But no where in between. Look for available rides as well made decent money on them compared to uber/Lyft.

Agent99

uber's first response was " we've reviewed this trip. In this case, your fare is accurate. Fares can only be adjusted for additional time and distance on a flat rate trip". I then sent them the info regarding my extra time and distance. Their next response is stated in my first post. After the second response I sent them an email detailing my frustration with uber and where they can stick it! I got no response. After I cooled off I sent a fourth email going over my entire route again and asked if they could review it one more time. After this they sent an email back saying I am eligible for a fare adjustment and it was changed from the $3.21 to the $15.51.
They said "Fares can only be adjusted for additional time and distance on a flat rate trip". So they were claiming this was not a flat rate trip? And what does that have to do with the destination filter?

UBERisaLOSER

The filter can be used to your advantage...if you think hard enough, you can figure it out. Hint: it's not to get $7-15 dollar fares halfway back home for base rates at the end of your shift.