• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE
Inshur

Warning from Uber

I have been warned from uber

"Following on from our previous email last week, we have not seen the improvement in your ratings we had hoped for
It is very important that you spend this week focusing on improving your rating. Unfortunately, if we do not see sufficient improvement in your rating this week you will lose access to the Uber platform and you may be invited to attend a session run by our top-rated partners on how to improve your rating. We know you’ve had a great rating in the the past and we are confident you can get back to your normal high standards this week if you focus on providing the best service you can. "

Despite the fact I am doing everything which has given in the tips

Uberx1

This is really crap. We all started out on 5 stars and now it's time to get these threatening emails because just a few pissheads didn't like the service.

uberparadise

"Following on from our previous email last week, we have not seen the improvement in your ratings we had hoped for
It is very important that you spend this week focusing on improving your rating. Unfortunately, if we do not see sufficient improvement in your rating this week you will lose access to the Uber platform and you may be invited to attend a session run by our top-rated partners on how to improve your rating. We know you’ve had a great rating in the the past and we are confident you can get back to your normal high standards this week if you focus on providing the best service you can. "

It's a tough thing. I am sure you are a hard worker and have made many sacrifices for UBER. They really take this rating thing serious. I have been a 4.8. 4.7. Ish for a while (almost a year). But l sometimes have had a bad week in the 4,5 4.6 range. More trips seem to even it all out. You never know why the your rating is bad. Do they forget ? Do they think it's funny ? No one deserves a 5 star is what some riders think.

UberGeezer

What is your rating now

voodooman

In all seriousness chaps ,this is terrible. They take the passengers word as gospel against the driver.

I think UBER are a rotting company from the guts to the bones to finally the carcass.I say that not as an ex london Taxi Driver but as a human,
I feel sorry that you have to work for these parasites,we only get one life.Do your best to re think how your going to move forward with that life.

Vampire76

I agree voodooman, I've been a taxi driver for 8 years in Durham. I came on here to see what all the fuss is about in regards to Uber and after lurking for a while it seems that Ubers business model, whilst having some benefits also has some glaring flaws.
The rating system seems ridiculous as we pick up drunk people who when asked not to eat will mark you down, during a surge they'll mark you down or if they're having a bad day then they'll mark you down.
They also want too many cars, I work for a private hire firm (although I'm a hack)and my firm is capped at 30 cars. The owner knows that any more would give him a surplus and although it means more "rent" for him, he also has a duty to keep his drivers happy.

From what I'm reading about Uber, it seems they are just using you as a cash cow to a stupendous degree.

I hear that people like uber for their clean new cars and friendly drivers, give it a couple of years and I promise that the drivers and the cars will be indistinguishable from any other private hire firms around.

The reason other firms and hacks are higher priced than Uber is because we know the costs of running a taxi, it may look like your making plenty of cash, once you factor in all your running costs and put a bit aside for maintenance, the reality will hit.

Last edited:

igor l

In all seriousness chaps ,this is terrible. They take the passengers word as gospel against the driver.

I think UBER are a rotting company from the guts to the bones to finally the carcass.I say that not as an ex london Taxi Driver but as a human,
I feel sorry that you have to work for these parasites,we only get one life.Do your best to re think how your going to move forward with that life.

haha one life seriously ? Daddy told me i got nine ! you you you ex cabbie xD come for a coffe ;E

MrsUberJax

Understand that at any time Uber can take a "snapshot" of your last 50 rides, and then judge your driving based on your ratings for those last 50 rides. It happened to me. I have given over 1000 rides, it takes alot for my annual rating to move more than a point, but not long ago, out of the blue, my annual rating was above 4.75, and I got a text from Uber saying that I am at risk for being deactivated. I thought it was a joke. Then low and behold, (after a period of discontentment and a bad attitude) I get another email from Uber saying that my rating for my last 50 rides was below 4.6 and that I had to take a class to get re-activated. This was horrific for me, after giving more than 1500 Uber rides, I am deactivated for ratings calculated over 1 weeks time. Note that I was offered a class that I had to pay $100 for, and I took the class. I was re-activated the following day. The rating system is not fair for sure, but don't listen to those who tell you you won't be de-activated, because you will. Beware folks.... don't ignore this, beware.

(copied from previous post re: ratings)
Mrs.UberJax

voodooman

igor ,dont know what your going on about,being genuine on here doesnt work for me obviously ill take it as low as I can and believe me Frankensteins @@@@@ that is low

taxiapplover

I got the same email today..it seems to me that uber is planning to get rid of thousands of drivers from their platform.

renbutler

Probably best to reply and point out to them that their own ratings, of Uber as a company, on sites like Glassdoor, Yelp, Indeed etc range from 3 to 4 stars, and that they may want to get their own house in order before they start criticising their employees for having higher ratings than they do.
It seems like that's what they're trying to do by improving driver ratings and eliminating drivers with low ratings. (Now, I can't argue for or against their actual methodology, because the details are not made available.)

Also, if Uber's ratings are low, their punishment becomes a reduce ridership. So they don't necessarily skate by with poor or mediocre ratings, nor should they.

elelegido

It seems like that's what they're trying to do by improving driver ratings and eliminating drivers with low ratings. (Now, I can't argue for or against their actual methodology, because the details are not made available.)
Nope, that argument doesn't fly. Driver deactivations from the system mean that the minimum rating within the driver pool is roughly 4.6. If driver ratings did indeed drive Uber's own rating on review sites, then its rating would logically also be 4.6 minumum, or thereabouts. But it's not; it's around 3 stars on average. Therefore, something other than drivers is causing Uber's lamentably low ratings. So we exclude the drivers, and what's left? Uber corporate, who needs to get their shit together.

ubering_it

Thats the first im hearing of this..iv seen a few peeps on 4.5 over all rating and stil on platform.screen shot your email to prove this is happening cuz i think its all drama and yap yap

renbutler

Nope, that argument doesn't fly. Driver deactivations from the system mean that the minimum rating within the driver pool is roughly 4.6. If driver ratings did indeed drive Uber's own rating on review sites, then its rating would logically also be 4.6 minumum, or thereabouts. But it's not; it's around 3 stars on average. Therefore, something other than drivers is causing Uber's lamentably low ratings. So we exclude the drivers, and what's left? Uber corporate, who needs to get their shit together.
A driver has to prove he's bad before he's deactivated. So that means there will always be bad drivers out there providing bad service.

And that's true of all employers. Everybody gets rid of somebody at some point.

Now, does Uber's model create more than an expected share of new drivers who don't provide good service? Possibly...

elelegido

A driver has to prove he's bad before he's deactivated. So that means there will always be bad drivers out there providing bad service.
Yes, but there's too big a difference in ratings - drivers in general vs Uber itself - for it to be explained exclusively by the time lag in axing poor drivers.