Uber Drivers Forum banner

Warning: Dropped Insurance

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  bobby747 
#1 ·
Been with uber for a couple years and didnt notify my insurance company. When I had an accident, I was f*%$#ing dropped.. Went into the greenlight hub for help and there was an an Allstate office right inside. They offered me collision coverage specifically for uber drivers and I don't need to run the risk of being dropped or fly under the radar anymore. BEST DECISION.

~ Marcus

#8 ·
Again, it sucks and it pisses me off to no end that Uber/Lyft will not tell new drivers ahead of time to make sure they have a personal policy that will cover rideshare/business/whatever you want to call it, while you are doing rideshare. As a new member to the forums, you can literally find dozens, if not hundreds of stories similar to yours. I am certainly glad it worked out for you, but for many others, no such luck.

I agree with JaneBond462's statement about Erie. Last year, my primary insurance for the family did not cover rideshare and I got a separate policy from Erie to cover me. This year, switched everything to Erie and the cost to have the one vehicle I use be listed as a business was about $50 more per year. The agent I use for them is terrific.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.