Want to expose Uber employees? Post here.

lurker888

There's a lot of paranoia in the NYC forum about uber employees infiltrating the forum. I think most of it is uncalled for, but I do believe that employees of Uber routinely monitor and post in this forum... to try and suppress "rumors" of such concepts as Uber stealing tips... among other reasons... although these employees also post in the "pay" forum, but there the goals are to attract new drivers, whereas here the goal is to blind existing drivers from the issues...

And I think that by monitoring the activity of UP.net accounts that post in this forum (and in the "pay" forum as well), we can get a pretty good idea of which accounts are held by uber employees. And we can take it from there, in terms of what to do about the scourge.

Signed,
Lurker

P.S. I urge everyone to be careful before accusing someone of being an uber employee. As weird as it may be, some drivers actually think Uber doesn't steal our tips! But we can't let the Uber employees hide behind these drivers, either! They must be confronted! And they should not be trusted!

tohunt4me

There's a lot of paranoia in the NYC forum about uber employees infiltrating the forum. I think most of it is uncalled for, but I do believe that employees of Uber routinely monitor and post in this forum... to try and suppress "rumors" of such concepts as Uber stealing tips... among other reasons... although these employees also post in the "pay" forum, but there the goals are to attract new drivers, whereas here the goal is to blind existing drivers from the issues...

And I think that by monitoring the activity of UP.net accounts that post in this forum (and in the "pay" forum as well), we can get a pretty good idea of which accounts are held by uber employees. And we can take it from there, in terms of what to do about the scourge.

Signed,
Lurker

P.S. I urge everyone to be careful before accusing someone of being an uber employee. As weird as it may be, some drivers actually think Uber doesn't steal our tips! But we can't let the Uber employees hide behind these drivers, either! They must be confronted! And they should not be trusted!
I hope they Listen to some of the unabridged complaints and consider and weigh possible solutions !

This could be an excellent opportunity for them.
Some things they should know without the toning down associated with a formal meeting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-14-04-06-44.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-14-04-06-44.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 60

steveK2016

There does seem to be enough evidence of at least bad programming that may not seperate the tips and pay to the drivers. I dont think Uber would be stupid enough to do this intentionally, they would get caught quickly as evident by the posts on these forums.

ShinyAndChrome

I'd be pretty surprised if Uber is actively paying employees to post here and try to defend the brand. I just can't really see it happening. The gain is way too small and the risk huge if they are exposed. I don't believe they are doing it. What appear to be paid brand evangelists are probably just fanbois. We've seen fanbois since the dawn of mankind and many of them pimp a brand for free just because they suck.

I am sure uber is monitoring the forums, though. Any major company with a forum dedicated to talking about it is doing the same; verizon looks at the verizon reddit, chevy keeps an eye on chevy forums, etc. It gives them immediate feedback on certain issues rather like watching their twitter feed.

NHDriver

Although you may be right about Uber employees being on this forum, they do not actually need to be. Most large corporation have software applications that monitor social media and the internet. They use "keyword" searches to find any mention of their product or services. The groups in corp america that find this useful is marketing and customer service. The most common place they monitor is your main stream social media like, Facebook, Twitter, etc. However you can direct it to a particular forum or website if you want like youtube.

lurker888

There does seem to be enough evidence of at least bad programming that may not seperate the tips and pay to the drivers. I dont think Uber would be stupid enough to do this intentionally, they would get caught quickly as evident by the posts on these forums.
you dont understand how uber works. the goal is to get away with stealing for as long as possible so they can show a profit for their investors. plus, when they get sued, they accept a "settlement" in which they pay about 10% of what they stole. theres no reason for them not to do this.

if you dont believe me, just take a look at lyft's actions this past May. the day after uber admitted that upfront pricing was a scam to overcharge pax (thus violating their tos with us in which we owed uber 25% of the fare, no more), lyft sent out a friendly email informing riders that they would now be charged upfront. despite that there is no doubt that there are major lawsuits coming up. Uber made us sign a new contract, but Lyft has yet to do that. In the meantime, they are stealing in plain sight of the drivers.

Last edited:
I have seen posts from Uber employees who posted perfect English, gramma, long posts to defend Uber.
Especially the "article" aka post about the new tipping option, which was likely produced by a PR firm.

jester121

I have seen posts from Uber employees who posted perfect English, gramma, long posts to defend Uber.
Especially the "article" aka post about the new tipping option, which was likely produced by a PR firm.

Uh... that was probably a copy/paste from another website.

dirtylee

Yeah, it's a billion dollar company. I'm sure most of the execs & board members have perused this site. I know TK has an account, no way in hell he doesn't. They have also posted in city forums as local uber offices advertising rentals.

UBERPROcolorado

Signed,
Lurker

And the witch hunt begins.

One of my best friends works for Uber corporate. He joined uber a few years ago, after leaving an IT marketing company.

After reading this thread, I called him today. Here is what I can tell everyone.....

Uber does monitor all forums that pertain to uber. Monitoring is mostly computerized, but not completely. If the computer program finds something, it notifies a human and it is looked into. All uber staff members are encouraged to monitor postings in their spare time, that pertain to uber, and report if appropriote.

Uber does not care if drivers or riders post complaints about uber. It is to be expected. But Uber will consider taking action if a post falls into the following categories:

1. Any violation of the pages on top of pages of contracts that drivers agree to. Special attention is given to threats against uber (the corp entity), uber staff, uber drivers and/or riders.

2. The posting of any screen print from the uber app. Somewhere in one of the contracts we sign covers this and declares it as proprietary.

3. Any serious discussion or actions that would or could interfere with or compromise the platform in any way. Examples give.....causing disruption of the app, intentional acts that cause an artificial surge area, transporting riders off the app, disclosing the DRIVERS app info to a rider, retaining any information pertaining to a rider such as addresses or phone numbers, outside of the uber app. To name a few.

4. (This one seems to be a real hot spot). Responding to posts that RIDERS place on a forum. The posting of pix or videos of rides, posting threats of any kind toward a rider including threats related to ratings and tips, demeaning- hostile or damaging statements toward or about a rider.

5. Any post made by a driver that defames or disparages the Uber name or operation.

The subject of down-rating a rider based on tips is big at this moment. Very big. Uber considers it to be fraud if a driver intentionally rates a rider based on the amount of a tip or lack of tip. WHY? A rider could leave the platform and move to a competitor as a result.

Last but not least.....we are being set up on these forums, by riders. Riders will engage in a lengthy battle of words. The rider will bait drivers into saying things that violate Uber's contract. Then the rider takes the entire post and sends it to Uber along with a formal complaint. Based on the info provided by the rider, uber can determine who the driver was and then They work backwards to determine their forum name. Then they can monitor that driver, compile a case against the driver and then terminate them for fraud. And based on the agreement we all sign, they can do this.

No, I am not an employee of uber, nor am I posting for Uber. But I am not stupid. I like driving for Uber and have no plans to leave. Uber is bigger than all of us put together. Fighting with uber will not solve the issues, it will just get you deactivated. It has been my experience that Uber will correct issues and even listen to complaints and ideas. But like any major corporation, not everyone is going to get their way.

I hope this info will help other drivers understand how uber looks at these forums and how they react to certain behaviors.

Drive safe.

Last edited:

NHDriver

One of my best friends works for Uber corporate. He joined uber a few years ago, after leaving an IT marketing company.

After reading this thread, I called him today. Here is what I can tell everyone.....

Uber does monitor all forums that pertain to uber. Monitoring is mostly computerized, but not completely. If the computer program finds something, it notifies a human and it is looked into. All uber staff members are encouraged to monitor postings in their spare time, that pertain to uber, and report if appropriote.

Uber does not care if drivers or riders post complaints about uber. It is to be expected. But Uber will consider taking action if a post falls into the following categories:

1. Any violation of the pages on top of pages of contracts that drivers agree to. Special attention is given to threats against uber (the corp entity), uber staff, uber drivers and/or riders.

2. The posting of any screen print from the uber app. Somewhere in one of the contracts we sign covers this and declares it as proprietary.

3. Any serious discussion or actions that would or could interfere with or compromise the platform in any way. Examples give.....causing disruption of the app, intentional acts that cause an artificial surge area, transporting riders off the app, disclosing the DRIVERS app info to a rider, retaining any information pertaining to a rider such as addresses or phone numbers, outside of the uber app. To name a few.

4. (This one seems to be a real hot spot). Responding to posts that RIDERS place on a forum. The posting of pix or videos of rides, posting threats of any kind toward a rider including threats related to ratings and tips, demeaning- hostile or damaging statements toward or about a rider.

5. Any post made by a driver that defames or disparages that Uber name or operation.

The subject of down-rating a rider based on tips is big at this moment. Very big. Uber considers it to be fraud if a driver intentionally rates a rider based on the amount of a tip or lack of tip. WHY? A rider could leave the platform and move to a competitor as a result.

Last but not least.....we are being set up on these forums, by riders. Riders will engage in a lengthy battle of words. The rider will bait drivers into saying things that violate Uber's contract. Then the rider takes the entire post and sends it to Uber along with a formal complaint. Based on the info provided by the rider, uber can determine who the driver was and then They work backwards to determine their forum name. Then they can monitor that driver, compile a case against the driver and then terminate them for fraud. And based on the agreement we all sign, they can do this.

No, I am not an employee of uber, nor am I posting for Uber. But I am not stupid. I like driving for Uber and have no plans to leave. Uber is bigger than all of us put together. Fighting with uber will not solve the issues, it will just get you deactivated. It has been my experience that Uber will correct issues and even listen to complaints and ideas. But like any major corporation, not everyone is going to get their way.

I hope this info will help other drivers understand how uber looks at these forums and how they react to certain behaviors.

Drive safe.
So two things:

Yes you are an uber employee. Too much cut and paste on your thread right out of corporate.

No you are incorrect! Uber is not bigger than all of us because all of us make up Uber. That statement alone pegs you as an Uber employee because it is a direct reflection of how Uber treats the drivers.

FAIL!!!!!

fork2323

I Know uber costomer service reps come here to find out about changes in the ap and promotions as uber does not tell them anything about them and they can find out about it here 1st from the drivers and not uber management.
as posted by service reps on this forum..

UBERPROcolorado

So two things:

Yes you are an uber employee. Too much cut and paste on your thread right out of corporate.

No you are incorrect! Uber is not bigger than all of us because all of us make up Uber. That statement alone pegs you as an Uber employee because it is a direct reflection of how Uber treats the drivers.

FAIL!!!!!

Well, the next time you are in Denver, let me know. Be happy to have a beer with you and show you my app.

This is why uber is not afraid of drivers organizing. Clearly those drivers with a head for business are automatically deemed an uber employee, since they disagree with your opinion. Therefore, drivers organizing is all but impossible. The less informed refuse to listen to the more informed and nobody trusts anyone.

NHDriver

Well, the next time you are in Denver, let me know. Be happy to have a beer with you and show you my app.

This is why uber is not afraid of drivers organizing. Clearly those drivers with a head for business are automatically deemed an uber employee, since they disagree with your opinion. Therefore, drivers organizing is all but impossible. The less informed refuse to listen to the more informed and nobody trusts anyone.
So you could be an uber employee and part time driver. and what opinion of mine exactly do they disagree with? I didn't post one.

Uberingdude

If anything I would think SU would be a UP.net admin.
I'm sure they like to have someone stirring things up, creating crazy feature threads that users can't get enough of...

5. Any post made by a driver that defames or disparages the Uber name or operation.

Drive safe.
What were their thoughts on care packages and hayrides?