Wanna be a good driver, be a rider and see what other drivers suck or are good at.

loophole

So after frying a wiring harness on my BMW of all cars to Gubering with, I hate UberX rides, but I digress. I had the luxury of being a passenger after all these months to get to work and get groceries, you name it. It gives you quite a different perspective on what you may or may not be doing wrong. It was fun tipping and not tipping and then being on the other end of the rating system and playing with the drivers fate with the company.

So overall, I had several different types of drivers. The first was a black gentleman, when he pulls up in his Acura, this vehicle was nice and clean, he had his front seat propped forward a tad and had his bag of stuff on it to make the front seat totally uninviting/off limits. Got in the back seat and introduced self etc. First thing I noticed is he starts to immediately not follow GPS and is making up his own route, a route that is longer both length and time wise. Clever... He also started to play his Satellite radio station of his choice on the at a loud volume, something I wouldn't ever do as I typically have something on like talk radio or low Mix 96.9 etc on, I usually ask the passenger if they want anything on in particular or offer the AUX jack. He also was running the car without AC on, funny, its something I do sometimes thinking its less gas/wear/tear on the vehicle. Overall I rated him a 4 at the end of the ride with no tip, mostly cause I didnt have cash on me, so dont get too pissed when you receive no tip, like I always knew, not alot of people have cash on them.

The next time I have to take a trip its the same day, this time another black gentleman picks me up in his regular old Honda Civic. This guy is pretty quiet of a driver, but was dressed real nice, with a tie on etc. I found him more pleasant as I didnt have to have a social interaction with him which the first driver started having with me at one point. It was a real short trip, again no cash to tip but gave him 5 stars for the effort.

Next trip I had was by my house, this one was a gal that seemed like a freaking tweeker, picks me up in her PT Cruise, she had a 4.7 rating, so I was wondering why. Low and behold, a woman driver behind the wheel, I have never been so damn nervous riding in a car in my life, she would pull out at the wrong times around cars it had my heart racing and Im looking everywhere. Did not tip her at all, and rated at 3 stars, shes gonna kill someone.

Another trip I had was a driver who was pretty cocky and blew a stop sign while I rode with him, I wound up rating him at 2 stars and send Guber an email so he wouldnt do that ever again, I did mostly because on this ride I had my two kids with me and my wife and when he did that I personally wouldnt ever do that even if no cars coming when I would be driving in my car, so he deserved it.

So if you want to vent a little, go Gubering for awhile, you will learn what a good driver is all about once you sample a bunch of other drivers and rate or report them lol. Quiet, well dressed, good driver, with a clean car, that takes the proper route, offer water/mints, to me is what gets your rating up, but I kind already knew that.

Hopefully I dont get one of you guys!!! ahahaahahaa

SEAL Team 5

Overall I rated him a 4 at the end of the ride with no tip, mostly cause I didnt have cash on me, again no cash to tip but gave him 5 stars for the effort. Did not tip her at all, and rated at 3 stars. I wound up rating him at 2 stars. Quiet, well dressed, good driver, with a clean car, that takes the proper route, offer water/mints, to me is what gets your rating up
After editing your post I can see that you had 4 rides and rated them 4, 5, 3 and 2 respectively. You also admitted that you did NOT tip any of the 4 drivers. You used the common pax EXCUSE of "I didn't have cash on me". And then you want 5 star service with amenities for sub $1.00 a mile rates. The worst part is that I think you're an Uber driver by your Thread title.

Teksaz

So I count 4 trips you took and being a driver yourself, decided not to tip any of them. What a pile of steaming puke. None of us are professional drivers but yet you want to critique them as such?? This is the problem we face everyday, these self entitled pricks thinking we're there personal driver. Eff you, get over yourself cheap bas-tard. Hope like hell you never see another tip. What's your rating Mr. Wonderful??

I live in Peoria and would love to have you in my car. I'm assuming the name that would pop up on ping would be a$$hole. I'll look for you.

Last edited:

loophole

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ahahhahaha, you guys need to find a REAL JOB, I did tip a few other trips I had I didn't feel like doing the entire write so stick that where the sun don't shine pricks, bwhahaha. Remember Uber says Tips Are Included, better watch your driving skills buddy cause I'll send a report in on you, maybe I'll go Uber all night in PeeOria where you dwell bwhahahahhahahahaa

loophole

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're 100% right your NOT a professional driver 4.85!, I am however, snooze ya lose bwhahahaha

I Aint Jo Mama

Ahahhahaha, you guys need to find a REAL JOB, I did tip a few other trips I had I didn't feel like doing the entire write so stick that where the sun don't shine pricks, bwhahaha. Remember Uber says Tips Are Included, better watch your driving skills buddy cause I'll send a report in on you, maybe I'll go Uber all night in PeeOria where you dwell bwhahahahhahahahaa
Go work at walmart

Teksaz

Naw not really. More pissed at Goober than anything but I'm the only one to blame for driving for these idiots.

But dude, at least tip your drivers if you take a ride. We're all in the struggle that Goober has put us in. Don't take it out on the drivers.

This week I had two drivers that freely offered up that info. One a teacher, doing Goober during the summer break. No tip (Expected)

The other dude and his wife going to Vegas. No tip (Pissed me the @@@@ Off) 1*

If we can't help each other when riding then we've reached the bottom and that's exactly where Goober is headed.

NothingLeftToLose

I need this cleared up. Uber does not say tips are included. They imply it with wording like, ' no tipping required ' and ' tipping is not necessary '. But as far as I can tell, I've never actually seen ' tip included ' in print anywhere. Am I mistaken? I've had a lot of jobs in my life with a lot of different companies but Uber is the most deceitful, duplicitous and indifferent companies I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

CarterPeerless

Having lousy drivers is the natural consequence of the constant rate reductions. The lower the rates, less power Uber/Lyft has to keep standards high. They can't fire everyone that gets bad reports, because they can't replace bad drivers with good drivers at the low pay rates.

Hey now

If tips were included there would be yet another lawsuit because I haven't seen any of that extra $. Tips are for the drivers, not the company.

John1971

I don't know how you guys put up with the no tip BS.

I just picked up around Cactus and 90th st, took them to Skin, $32 on the meter and the guy gave me $50.

Plus the $20 from the door at Skin. $70 total for a half hours work.

I can't imagine only getting $10-$15 for that ride.
Your cab lease helps to build a empire,not in America...lol

Phxdriver

So after frying a wiring harness on my BMW of all cars to Gubering with, I hate UberX rides, but I digress. I had the luxury of being a passenger after all these months to get to work and get groceries, you name it. It gives you quite a different perspective on what you may or may not be doing wrong. It was fun tipping and not tipping and then being on the other end of the rating system and playing with the drivers fate with the company.

So overall, I had several different types of drivers. The first was a black gentleman, when he pulls up in his Acura, this vehicle was nice and clean, he had his front seat propped forward a tad and had his bag of stuff on it to make the front seat totally uninviting/off limits. Got in the back seat and introduced self etc. First thing I noticed is he starts to immediately not follow GPS and is making up his own route, a route that is longer both length and time wise. Clever... He also started to play his Satellite radio station of his choice on the at a loud volume, something I wouldn't ever do as I typically have something on like talk radio or low Mix 96.9 etc on, I usually ask the passenger if they want anything on in particular or offer the AUX jack. He also was running the car without AC on, funny, its something I do sometimes thinking its less gas/wear/tear on the vehicle. Overall I rated him a 4 at the end of the ride with no tip, mostly cause I didnt have cash on me, so dont get too pissed when you receive no tip, like I always knew, not alot of people have cash on them.

The next time I have to take a trip its the same day, this time another black gentleman picks me up in his regular old Honda Civic. This guy is pretty quiet of a driver, but was dressed real nice, with a tie on etc. I found him more pleasant as I didnt have to have a social interaction with him which the first driver started having with me at one point. It was a real short trip, again no cash to tip but gave him 5 stars for the effort.

Next trip I had was by my house, this one was a gal that seemed like a freaking tweeker, picks me up in her PT Cruise, she had a 4.7 rating, so I was wondering why. Low and behold, a woman driver behind the wheel, I have never been so damn nervous riding in a car in my life, she would pull out at the wrong times around cars it had my heart racing and Im looking everywhere. Did not tip her at all, and rated at 3 stars, shes gonna kill someone.

Another trip I had was a driver who was pretty cocky and blew a stop sign while I rode with him, I wound up rating him at 2 stars and send Guber an email so he wouldnt do that ever again, I did mostly because on this ride I had my two kids with me and my wife and when he did that I personally wouldnt ever do that even if no cars coming when I would be driving in my car, so he deserved it.

So if you want to vent a little, go Gubering for awhile, you will learn what a good driver is all about once you sample a bunch of other drivers and rate or report them lol. Quiet, well dressed, good driver, with a clean car, that takes the proper route, offer water/mints, to me is what gets your rating up, but I kind already knew that.

Hopefully I dont get one of you guys!!! ahahaahahaa
I'm a whiiiiite guy what foes race have to do with it?