• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Wall Street Journal Reporter looking for DC drivers who have taken pax to ER

CarterWSJ

Media
Hi all,

I'm a WSJ journalist doing an in-depth look at why people are using rideshare like Uber and Lyft to get to the Emergency Room. I'm focusing on the DC-metro area and looking for driver experiences.

I was curious if any of you had driven distressed or injured pax and would be interested in talking about that experience? Please email me at carter.mccall@wsj.com if you're interested. Thanks so much.

Drakkor

Hi all,

I'm a WSJ journalist doing an in-depth look at why people are using rideshare like Uber and Lyft to get to the Emergency Room. I'm focusing on the DC-metro area and looking for driver experiences.

I was curious if you add driven distressed or injured pax and would be interested in talking about that experience? Please email me at carter.mccall@wsj.com if you're interested. Thanks so much.
Pray tell good sir, can I espouse to you the virtues of communism or Bitcoin?

Bluecrab

I think the NY Post has you scooped*

* scooped - You’re on the verge of submitting that amazing paper describing a new and exciting finding, and the cross town rag beat you to it.

The rug has been ripped out. You’ve been cruelly gazumped with nothing left but doubts and self-recriminations. They will get all the credit and nobody will care what you did. You’ll be seen as some lame copycat following in their illustrious tailwind, even though you conceived your idea long before they published theirs. If only you’d worked harder. Worked more Sundays instead of spending time with family or friends. Written faster.

yankdog

Hi all,

I was curious if any of you had driven distressed or injured pax and would be interested in talking about that experience? Please email me at carter.mccall@wsj.com if you're interested. Thanks so much.
Carter we are an energetic bunch here so forgive the blow up dolls and Amish barn raisings. And the Hinds. But serious question for you. Are you writing about this from the point of view of the passenger or the driver? You must understand that many posters here are skeptical of the media due to very poor coverage of certain rideshare related things. No need to go into that here. But please clarify maybe someone can help.

@CarterWSJ

SOLA-RAH

HPClays

Carter we are an energetic bunch here so forgive the blow up dolls and Amish barn raisings. And the Hinds. But serious question for you. Are you writing about this from the point of view of the passenger or the driver? You must understand that many posters here are skeptical of the media due to very poor coverage of certain rideshare related things. No need to go into that here. But please clarify maybe someone can help.

@CarterWSJ
@CarterWSJ I can't wait to read the piece about how ambulance service is the next service addition that helps rideshare turd companies (read Uber/Lyft) fake growth, profitability, and long term sustainability in order to continue bilking investors.

I rejected the only ride I ever had that may have qualified. I pulled up into the ambush spot, no passenger, I turned around in the dead-end parking lot, the rider cancelled the ride (presumably to remove a digital record of it) then came running at my car in broad daylight asking to pay cash cuz they really needed a ride to the hospital...as I drove away, hoodlums emerged from all sides of my car swearing and threatening me to stop.

Uber said they had no record of the request when I complained about being lured via their app into an ambush...the only one that was going to the hospital that day was me...

Is your article going to mention driver pay cuts? didn't think so

Another Uber Driver

People have used taxicabs as discount ambulances sine there was such a thing as a taxicab. It is no surprise that they are using Uber and Lyft, as those ain't nothin' but no uninformed, underinsured, illegal, unlicenced, underpaid, discount cut-rate tack-see soivices.

I have yet to have an ambulance job from Uber or Lyft, but I have run more than a few as a cab driver over the years. ...you want stories? Ask any regular on the Washington Boards. If there is one thing that I do have, it would be stories.

New2This

Here's a direct quote:

A few months ago Uber/Lyft quit paying cleaning fee for vomit and other messes.

Not a fornicating prayer I will take a hospital/E.R. trip when, if the rider's bodily fluids make a mess, I don't get a cleaning fee.

That's what 911 is for. Sorry not sorry.