Uber Drivers Forum banner

Walking away from Lyft Nightmare Application Process

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  El Cemento 
#1 · (Edited)
I will toss the sour grapes. And end my quest to work with Lyft.
What a hassle.
Definitely looking forward to some drive time with Uber after all this...

#2 ·
Is there a physical Lyft office in your local area you could visit? Eg here in San Francisco, we have an office right next door to the Hertz car rental.

Also are you using more than one device to apply? Like used your laptop to sign up, then used your smartphone and/tablet to follow up etc

#5 ·
Thanks for the tip. Twitter @asklyft was zero help.
I had the same run around issue like you when I was signing up. I think it's due to the use of multiple platforms in the app process. The S San Francisco rep who completed my app process reset my registration progress (to clear all that data I'd re-entered multiple times) He also suggested I clear my smartphone cache and restart the Lyft app.

It wasn't until I visited the Hertz/Lyft office at 1815 Old Bayshore Hwy in S San Francisco that I was able to validate my app had been approved previously. So I'd go with the drone responses you're getting from Lyft reps based on my experience.

Try only using the device you applied/signed up with from now on. It seems the Lyft online app process has server memory and other registration issues.

#8 ·
I will toss the sour grapes. And end my quest to work with Lyft.
What a hassle.
Definitely looking forward to some drive time with Uber after all this...
Lyft is Uber. Both are horse sh**, but at least you'll be busier with Fuber. As a Lyft driver, I can defenitely say I've hit rock bottom, and that this is the lowest point of my entire life.

#9 ·
Lyft is Uber. Both are horse sh**, but at least you'll be busier with Fuber. As a Lyft driver, I can defenitely say I've hit rock bottom, and that this is the lowest point of my entire life.
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that. You have to do what is right for you.
I gave up on Lyft and finally got some wheel time in with Uber and have been having some fun, though the economics of it probably won't keep me interested for long, I can see that already. The one major grace for me is complete control of logging out whenev. I gotta say I love that. But there ain't no money in logging off...

#11 ·
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that. You have to do what is right for you.
I gave up on Lyft and finally got some wheel time in with Uber and have been having some fun, though the economics of it probably won't keep me interested for long, I can see that already. The one major grace for me is complete control of logging out whenev. I gotta say I love that. But there ain't no money in logging off...
No money in logging in, either - Sincerely, Your Car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.