• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Waiting Lot at MCI. Drivers pay to wait?

Saber26

Hey everyone, me here and have a question.
The waiting lot at MCI, Economy Lot, has ticket booths when you enter and says $7.50 per day. My question is, do Uber Drivers have to Pay to sit in the waiting lot? I want to assume no but the ticket booth and sign have me concerned.

Thank you

Christinebitg

The waiting lot at MCI, Economy Lot, has ticket booths when you enter and says $7.50 per day. My question is, do Uber Drivers have to Pay to sit in the waiting lot? I want to assume no but the ticket booth and sign have me concerned.

Thank you
I don't know about where you live. Here in Space City, there are several different kinds of lots:

- TNC lots for rideshare drivers (one at each of the two airports)
- Cell phone lots
- Garages (short term) parking at the terminals
- Remote lots (long term parking)
- Privately operated remote lots

There are no charges at the TNC lots and cell phone lots.

Christine

CJfrom619

Thank you
Lol that would be something. A drivers pays $7.50 for a $3 fare? Makes sense.

Ubward

Never heard of it however I get a feeling this maybe coming soon to an airport near you. Hahahahaha.

Well, all the more reason I don't wait, even at the two locals airports near me.

lmarl72936

Thank you
MCI? Kansas City International Airport Im assuming.. According to Uber this is the official:
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, the waiting area is located in Economy Parking Lot C. Enter from the first roundabout as you approach. The parking lot has a waiting limit of 2 hours free—if you approach two hours, exit the lot with your ticket and re-enter.