Inshur

Waiting for passengers (during the trip)

xherdan

Hi guys, I'm new here and fresher with uber, but been driving 70 hours per week for past 4 weeks so got a little bit experience.

Now, my rating gone down a bit recently partially because I refuse to wait when passengers want to pop in to the shop, or asking me to wait for couple of minutes while they stop at some address. This is because Uber values my time very low, paying 8 pence/minute if I'm not driving, so the bulk of the pay comes from £1/mile I get paid while driving (approximate values).

I guess most drivers just wait? How can I refuse to wait yet still get five stars?

Swifty126

First of all where do you drive
And secondly why so many hours
And how much do you make for 70 hours

sirlillo

If you wanna keep your rating hight you should wait... Unfortunatly with this rating system we are customer submissive (within the limits). We are working in the customer service, be polite and kind (or try) and after leave a bad valuation. This is the only one thing that is gonna help your mood...

PS I've waited even with UberPool (no matched of course)... :/

Nature_BOY

once you have done 500 trips, you will be better placed to say NO to pax to all their annoying requests. Even if you get one odd bad rating, there will be some cushion and you will not need to worry abt it that much..

soTuga

Just do what u been doing, you don't get paid to wait. When waiting is requested, say you are only allowed to wait 2mins, cause Uber wants you to keep moving. If pax going to be long, advice them to request another car when they are ready. End trip and rate 1star, you will get the same.
What matters is the money u take home,stars are nice in the sky at night.

xherdan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just crossed 300 trips mark so at least have a cushion and staying in the low 4.7s, which is alright I think? Glad annoying passengers are rare!

Uber chick in miami

Hahaha!

I need to make a sign but with a few corrections:

1. Don't start making demands in my car.
2. No water, no candy, no nothing! Lol
3. Don't dirty my car! Take your trash with you.
4. Don't steal my chargers.
5. Crack a window if you smell.
6. Don't slam my doors.
7. Get rid of your entitled attitude.
8. Leave a tip!

Oh and the list goes on..... lmao! Haha

HelloMate

Just do what u been doing, you don't get paid to wait. When waiting is requested, say you are only allowed to wait 2mins, cause Uber wants you to keep moving. If pax going to be long, advice them to request another car when they are ready. End trip and rate 1star, you will get the same.
What matters is the money u take home,stars are nice in the sky at night.
The problem is: how many 1 star can hold our account? Not too many.

soTuga

Just crossed 300 trips mark so at least have a cushion and staying in the low 4.7s, which is alright I think? Glad annoying passengers are rare!
Rare - I must be getting them all - I get 5/6 every week, with at least 2 major issue trips on every single week. Can't remember a week that I can say every rider was "normal".
70 hrs - is that online or driving hours - cause if that is online hours, Uber should take responsability for your actions, before you kill someone.

HelloMate

Rare - I must be getting them all - I get 5/6 every week, with at least 2 major issue trips on every single week. Can't remember a week that I can say every rider was "normal".
70 hrs - is that online or driving hours - cause if that is online hours, Uber should take responsability for your actions, before you kill someone.
Same to me soTuga, you're not alone don't worry :smiles::smiles: let's say at least two major issue per week, loads of kuntz :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Taz7

I rarely have issues. I actually have a good laugh at work. Alot are cheapskates but not all. You get the odd few who think there in there country's. Just make sure to point them in the right direction. #Brexit

Believe33

Hi guys, I'm new here and fresher with uber, but been driving 70 hours per week for past 4 weeks so got a little bit experience.

Now, my rating gone down a bit recently partially because I refuse to wait when passengers want to pop in to the shop, or asking me to wait for couple of minutes while they stop at some address. This is because Uber values my time very low, paying 8 pence/minute if I'm not driving, so the bulk of the pay comes from £1/mile I get paid while driving (approximate values).

I guess most drivers just wait? How can I refuse to wait yet still get five stars?
Tell them your a teacher/volunteer or something and " wow, gosh I wish I could but I have a schedule today and I am suppose to be at work, so I must go, please go ahead and request another driver, ther is always an uber at least 5 minutes away" smile and end the trip while your explaining it all !! In other words gtfo ! See that's the hole idea of ride share. ( you can have a driver come pick you up and drop you off.) Now if they ask you ahead of time then do not start trip. How to get a five star rating ( tell driver you have to go) also please request a driver when your ready to load the car. (Not waiting)information policy and user agreements is all in the uber movement or dashboard! Do not start trip so fast wait until they get into car first. Never start trip until the passenger gets in. ( that way you have more control of your situations)

Last edited:

Nature_BOY

Tell them your a teacher/volunteer or something and " wow, gosh I wish I could but I have a schedule today and I am suppose to be at work, so I must go, please go ahead and request another driver, ther is always an uber at least 5 minutes away" smile and end the trip while your explaining it all !! In other words gtfo ! See that's the hole idea of ride share. ( you can have a driver come pick you up and drop you off.) Now if they ask you ahead of time then do not start trip. How to get a five star rating ( tell driver you have to go) also please request a driver when your ready to load the car. (Not waiting)information policy and user agreements is all in the uber movement or dashboard! Do not start trip so fast wait until they get into car first. Never start trip until the passenger gets in. ( that way you have more control of your situations)
The other day, I got a ping and went to the pick up point and the guy came in and sat in my car (didn't have to wait much) and then he said he is waiting for the wife and she will be in soon and then started moaning that she always takes long to get to anywhere!! Long story short, as he was sitting in my car I stared the trip and then the wife came along (all within 5 mins) however there were three kids with her, all in the range or 6-8 yrs old.
So I had to say NO (max 4 pax) and the guy didn't like it as we was charged the minimum fare, and as I stared the trip, now he could give me a very bad rating which I am sure he did.
I gave him 1 star.... but that did not really help me, I got penalised in rating for nothing really!!

abu

Can you show me where it says that they will pay u 8pence per min if your not moving.

abu

The other day, I got a ping and went to the pick up point and the guy came in and sat in my car (didn't have to wait much) and then he said he is waiting for the wife and she will be in soon and then started moaning that she always takes long to get to anywhere!! Long story short, as he was sitting in my car I stared the trip and then the wife came along (all within 5 mins) however there were three kids with her, all in the range or 6-8 yrs old.
So I had to say NO (max 4 pax) and the guy didn't like it as we was charged the minimum fare, and as I stared the trip, now he could give me a very bad rating which I am sure he did.
I gave him 1 star.... but that did not really help me, I got penalised in rating for nothing really!!
Did you tell this to uber u should have. I know uber isnt perfect but they do help some time they have to me many times

Believe33

How to begin is like this. Hi my name is blank. Can I please get the name on the account or can you confirm the name on the account. Passenger says the name on the account.
Passenger enters car. Question to passenger how many passengers just one?. Passengers says how many passengers.
So then start trip. Then read the destination address out loud. Do not start driving until destination drop off is confirmed. Try not to move the car. Ask passenger is this Drop off address correct. If this is the correct destination then start trip start driving. Start driving. At the destination wait until all passengers exits the cart before you and the trip. I certainly would look for the selection under cancel trip, there should be an option that there were too many riders( 5 or more). In Uber partner app (help) on that particular ride with the confusion of too many passengers and let them know if the passenger had a little attitude about Uber policy having the correct number of passengers inside of your car. You are also able to go into your Uber app and change their rating inside the particular ride. You may want to place the information under the option pax was unpleasant. They should understand. Uber it will support you, they always inform me that I should just focus on my five star ratings. And pretty much that's what I focus on because it becomes like a domino effect when you start worrying about passengers and pick up that don't always work out positive. If you make a mistake on ending your trip are you make a mistake on canceling the trip you can always go back in that particular trip inside Uber partner app click help. Focus on getting everything pretty much correct the first time when you are ending a trip or canceling a trip because the confusion could cause more problems.

soTuga

How to begin is like this. Hi my name is blank. Can I please get the name on the account or can you confirm the name on the account. Passenger says the name on the account.
Passenger enters car. Question to passenger how many passengers just one?. Passengers says how many passengers.
So then start trip. Then read the destination address out loud. Do not start driving until destination drop off is confirmed. Try not to move the car. Ask passenger is this Drop off address correct. If this is the correct destination then start trip start driving. Start driving. At the destination wait until all passengers exits the cart before you and the trip. I certainly would look for the selection under cancel trip, there should be an option that there were too many riders( 5 or more). In Uber partner app (help) on that particular ride with the confusion of too many passengers and let them know if the passenger had a little attitude about Uber policy having the correct number of passengers inside of your car. You are also able to go into your Uber app and change their rating inside the particular ride. You may want to place the information under the option pax was unpleasant. They should understand. Uber it will support you, they always inform me that I should just focus on my five star ratings. And pretty much that's what I focus on because it becomes like a domino effect when you start worrying about passengers and pick up that don't always work out positive. If you make a mistake on ending your trip are you make a mistake on canceling the trip you can always go back in that particular trip inside Uber partner app click help. Focus on getting everything pretty much correct the first time when you are ending a trip or canceling a trip because the confusion could cause more problems.
I can't believe I just took time to read all this crap. Uber loves u believe it.

zazoo166

If you are willing to sacrifice the minimum fare the best way to avoid negative rating in this case is to complete trip and sometime it will say you have shut the trip too quick and you can select out of a couple of options the reason and you can say wrong passenger picked up this way the job will be cancelled no one can rate each other even if you do it won't count. Or if it doesn't give you that option go on that particular trip select help and say wrong passenger picked up and same thing applies again.

ill be bach

Hahaha!

I need to make a sign but with a few corrections:

1. Don't start making demands in my car.
2. No water, no candy, no nothing! Lol
3. Don't dirty my car! Take your trash with you.
4. Don't steal my chargers.
5. Crack a window if you smell.
6. Don't slam my doors.
7. Get rid of your entitled attitude.
8. Leave a tip!

Oh and the list goes on..... lmao! Haha
Best advice i can give you is, Don't behave like a London black cab driver and you can't go wrong!, simples :wink:
This is from a driver in the top 5%.

Last edited: