Inshur

vw Passat or Jetta ????

star70

Does anyone have any experience using Passat or Jetta for Uber X ?

I also heard DSG are not advisable for private hire. Does anyone has any information on it, please ?

Andy1111111111

I also heard DSG are not advisable for private hire. Does anyone has any information on it, please ?

Jett-ski...you can be a hero and save some BC...:wink:

PS: VW Passat

eric_london

Passat

Btw if uber to stay here in London that they were saying they will ban all diesel cars on uber x platform so I don't think it's a good idea to invest money in them.

Volkswaber

Are same engine, but Passat has more room for legs and more big boot.
Jetta is more light. another thing the gear box it's up to you and how many hours are you going to work. PH they use automatic because in the traffic it easy life and no stress but it's expensive to do service and repair. Manual cheap price, easy and cheap to repair . The gearbox manual doesn't need service only the engine and the other staff. Passat High Line most are manual only Passat S and some Passat Sport has DSG.
Driving a manual up to 8h a day it can be hard but you can save money and you don't have any issue with gearbox if you drive properly your car.

The Jetta it's nice but if you see a Passat next to a Jetta your heart is going to beap for Passat all life:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: try and you will see the difference!

star70

Are same engine, but Passat has more room for legs and more big boot.
Jetta is more light. another thing the gear box it's up to you and how many hours are you going to work. PH they use automatic because in the traffic it easy life and no stress but it's expensive to do service and repair. Manual cheap price, easy and cheap to repair . The gearbox manual doesn't need service only the engine and the other staff. Passat High Line most are manual only Passat S and some Passat Sport has DSG.
Driving a manual up to 8h a day it can be hard but you can save money and you don't have any issue with gearbox if you drive properly your car.

The Jetta it's nice but if you see a Passat next to a Jetta your heart is going to beap for Passat all life:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: try and you will see the difference!
Thank u

Thanks guys for the hint. Much appreciated... another passsat on the road. Lol

indian

I have a jetta for sale 2013 reg automatic dsg only 41000 miles on clock
£7800 cheapest on autotrader. Full service history

Sylvester

Skoda Superb.
It's a Passat underneath, but a lot more spacious and has a huge boot.
The DSG gearbox is great until it gives trouble, but personally I wouldn't countenance cab driving in London with a manual gearbox.
If you do go for a manual, then a 1.6 Greenline would be a good choice, for urban use.
Octavias are worth considering too - depending on how much space you require for yourself up front. The 1.6 Greenline can be had with the DSG on Octavias, which isn't the case with the Superb.