• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Vugo - Dear Drivers, Come give us a try. We got tips and ad revenue on the way.

Vugo

Vugo is really excited to be partnering with UberPeople to connect with drivers with additional income.

Some of you have been wondering about us and what is happening; so here is the update.

First, you'll be part of the largest rideshare advertising network in the world: That means getting advertising income.
  • We have thousands of drivers already signed up, and are growing at about 100 new partners per day.
  • The Business Insider said Drivers could "Uber drivers might soon earn $6,000 more per year — if they allow ads in their cars" - Which is true, but we are not there yet. And that is why we need your help.
  • We are about to close a deal with a major national advertising network to help get Vugo partner's across the country more income.
  • We are limiting the overall number of partners on Vugo to 10,000 drivers this year to maximize each partner driver's income. Come join the 10,000.
Secondly, All Drivers can now accept tips!
Our mobile app helps all drivers accept tips electronically. More importantly, our tablet helps start conversations around tipping as many passengers are uninformed and believe that it is included in the fare.

Third, you have unlimited earning ability! As demand for advertisments increase so do your earnings.

Vugo only asks you to do four things.
  • Download our application and register on to your mobile phone and tablet.
  • Mount your personal tablet into your vehicle.
  • Use our application as a GPS, and enter your passenger destination into the device. We will give you the choice of using Waze or Google Maps for navigation.
  • Most of all - Be patient. Vugo's network relies on having many drivers, and it becomes even more valuable when you invite your fellow drivers to join. We are in the process of adding advertisers to the platform and will be launching our first campaigns in September. Because we share advertising revenue with drivers, as the demand for our advertisements go up, so will your income. Which means when we launch drivers will make some money, but as our business grows, drivers stand to make considerably more especially around special events. However, rolling this out wont happen overnight, and that is why we launched our tipping application is to bridge the gap between now and our advertiser campaign launch.
Download for free on iOS or Android:

- James Bellefeuille
Founder of Vugo & Uber driver.

Fuzzyelvis

Vugo is really excited to be partnering with UberPeople to connect with drivers with additional income.

Some of you have been wondering about us and what is happening; so here is the update.

First, you'll be part of the largest rideshare advertising network in the world: That means getting advertising income.
  • We have thousands of drivers already signed up, and are growing at about 100 new partners per day.
  • The Business Insider said Drivers could "Uber drivers might soon earn $6,000 more per year — if they allow ads in their cars" - Which is true, but we are not there yet. And that is why we need your help.
  • We are about to close a deal with a major national advertising network to help get Vugo partner's across the country more income.
  • We are limiting the overall number of partners on Vugo to 10,000 drivers this year to maximize each partner driver's income. Come join the 10,000.
Secondly, All Drivers can now accept tips!
Our mobile app helps all drivers accept tips electronically. More importantly, our tablet helps start conversations around tipping as many passengers are uninformed and believe that it is included in the fare.

Third, you have unlimited earning ability! As demand for advertisments increase so do your earnings.

Vugo only asks you to do four things.
  • Download our application and register on to your mobile phone and tablet.
  • Mount your personal tablet into your vehicle.
  • Use our application as a GPS, and enter your passenger destination into the device. We will give you the choice of using Waze or Google Maps for navigation.
  • Most of all - Be patient. Vugo's network relies on having many drivers, and it becomes even more valuable when you invite your fellow drivers to join. We are in the process of adding advertisers to the platform and will be launching our first campaigns in September. Because we share advertising revenue with drivers, as the demand for our advertisements go up, so will your income. Which means when we launch drivers will make some money, but as our business grows, drivers stand to make considerably more especially around special events. However, rolling this out wont happen overnight, and that is why we launched our tipping application is to bridge the gap between now and our advertiser campaign launch.
Download for free on iOS or Android:

- James Bellefeuille
Founder of Vugo & Uber driver.
Are you still driving for Uber? Or us it FORMER driver?

rickybobby

I'd like to see an answer to this... it's a kinda big deal.

Wait a second... I have to manually enter the passenger's destination into Vugo? WTF? If it's hanging on my back headrest how am I supposed to do that?
Well I'm looking into this. The data thing I'm nervous about. With the destination entering bit it goes onto your phone and the phone then talks to the tablet. You don't touch the tablet from what I can gather. I do have to run a charge cord to the damn thing and be sure my pax don't trip on it while they pile into the backseat....that should be fun. For an extra $3 an hour I'm wondering if this thing is worth it. For the tip feature they still have to have a paypal account. I can't remember the last time I used my paypal account. It would be nice if it incorporated the square where the pax just swipes their card on the tablet. now that would be interesting as everyone has to have a credit card if they use uber.

merkurfan

Depending on your market, that extra 3 bucks an hour might be a 50-100% bump in pay.. :wink:

Well I'm looking into this. The data thing I'm nervous about. With the destination entering bit it goes onto your phone and the phone then talks to the tablet. You don't touch the tablet from what I can gather. I do have to run a charge cord to the damn thing and be sure my pax don't trip on it while they pile into the backseat....that should be fun. For an extra $3 an hour I'm wondering if this thing is worth it. For the tip feature they still have to have a paypal account. I can't remember the last time I used my paypal account. It would be nice if it incorporated the square where the pax just swipes their card on the tablet. now that would be interesting as everyone has to have a credit card if they use uber.

ShaneD

So I've been using it and there aren't any ad buyers in RDU. I've only had one passenger use the tipping feature and I assume they never completed the transaction on their end because I never received any kind of information about it. My setup is a velcro tablet mount with an iPad Mini and a L-Shaped lightning cable that runs under the seat to the front. It's tethered to my iPhone over Wi-fi so its not a seperate data plan.

The past couple of days I've stopped using it because its a hassel putting the destination into the app desperately on the phone each trip, it takes up precious time and the passengers are like, "What are you waiting for? Let's go!"

I've had several passengers ask me about it more out of interest of what its does. I've let them know that it is an advertising and tipping platform but as I said above no passengers have ever tipped on it and I've used it pretty much every day since 09/10/15.

Anyway, nutshell, I don't know if I will be continuing to use it.

rickybobby

So I've been using it and there aren't any ad buyers in RDU. I've only had one passenger use the tipping feature and I assume they never completed the transaction on their end because I never received any kind of information about it. My setup is a velcro tablet mount with an iPad Mini and a L-Shaped lightning cable that runs under the seat to the front. It's tethered to my iPhone over Wi-fi so its not a seperate data plan.

The past couple of days I've stopped using it because its a hassel putting the destination into the app desperately on the phone each trip, it takes up precious time and the passengers are like, "What are you waiting for? Let's go!"

I've had several passengers ask me about it more out of interest of what its does. I've let them know that it is an advertising and tipping platform but as I said above no passengers have ever tipped on it and I've used it pretty much every day since 09/10/15.

Anyway, nutshell, I don't know if I will be continuing to use it.

I got this setup and plan on giving it a go this weekend. I too am a bit worried about the need to input destinations as time is always the sticking point with pax. That being said i don't plan on putting in specific addresses into the vugo app on my phone as that will take to long. just the city so if i'm going to PB just put in pacific beach and so forth. As it goes with tips this may take some time to take hold and educate pax as we all know Fuber has mislead pax for years and it won't be undone by one weekend using this damn thing.

rickybobby

the TIP feature is clunky guys. i gave it a try by putting in my paypal account. so basically the following needs to happen for you to get that glorious TIP......

1) pax needs to have a paypal account
2) pax needs to enter the right email address onto the Vugo screen that is tied to their paypal account
3) pax needs to then open their paypal account by either going to that site directly or by going to their email that has a link to take them to their paypal account
4) pax finally needs to actually approve paying the paypal invoice.

All in all .....WAAAAYYYYY too many steps for any pax to actually follow thru with. This would be a miracle I even get one TIP where a pax has the decency to follow through the whole act. As it goes with the ads in San Diego its the same 5 or so ads on loop. This market seems to leave a lot to be desired. Just started this week using it and I have no idea when I will get paid by Vugo for my ad time spent. As their site is garbage when it comes to driver support.

As for the use of the app the Vugo app itself on the tablet is fairly well done. it locks them in the app so they cant fart around on the tablet and break stuff. If they click the links to get to know more about the ad or even to TIP you it has a time out session where it goes back to running ads if left on the same screen too long. This way if the pax is half way through something the ride ends you don't have to fart around with resetting the table app. Just drop in your next addy on your phone and go. The address drop on my phone on top of the Uber app is a thing that bothers me a bit. It takes multi-tasking to the extreme as you have to juggle the surroundings in the car, uber app, navigation and the Vugo app (i.e. start/stop rides).

I will say it helps being able to talk-to-text the address in the Vugo app but most of the time I'm just saying the town in San Diego and going. It would be cool if the Vugo app would provide a frequently traveled towns so you can just click the name and go like a list of favorites.....PB, Downtown, OB, PL, Encinitas and Carlsbad, etc.

ShaneD

That is pretty much the same experience I had. We don't have any ads here in Raleigh. It's just Ad Council public service announcements which you do not get paid for. I would like it if some still graphic ads without sound were included too. I am sick of hearing the same Ad Council ads over and over again.

There needs to be a much better way of including tips. The PayPal option is terrible. Plus, the tip button gets lost on the screen.

rickybobby

IT would be awesome if they could ditch the PayPal crap and integrate the "Tip your driver" button with my square reader. Even the NFC terminal would be FANTASTIC. Think about it.

The pax clicks the button on screen. It launches the ability to have their phone is apple or Android pay on the touch reader. Boom....DONE.

DAMN I wish I was a developer

Vugo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
IT would be awesome if they could ditch the PayPal crap and integrate the "Tip your driver" button with my square reader. Even the NFC terminal would be FANTASTIC. Think about it.

The pax clicks the button on screen. It launches the ability to have their phone is apple or Android pay on the touch reader. Boom....DONE.

DAMN I wish I was a developer
We actually want to integrate with the square reader, however Square's API isn't available for android devices. Otherwise we would have done it that way. :smiles: It's a really great concept and we wish we could do it that way.

Vugo

Has anyone noticed that Vugo opened this thread, but has never replied to it once? Hey Vugo! How about answering the questions on here!
Yeah, we are pretty busy working with advertisers so drivers can earn more money. Although, I understand where you're coming from and will work harder to answer questions here. Thanks!

Vugo

That is pretty much the same experience I had. We don't have any ads here in Raleigh. It's just Ad Council public service announcements which you do not get paid for. I would like it if some still graphic ads without sound were included too. I am sick of hearing the same Ad Council ads over and over again.

There needs to be a much better way of including tips. The PayPal option is terrible. Plus, the tip button gets lost on the screen.
The best thing that could happen is if Uber trusted their passengers to make their own decisions regarding tipping their drivers.

Vugo

the TIP feature is clunky guys. i gave it a try by putting in my paypal account. so basically the following needs to happen for you to get that glorious TIP......

1) pax needs to have a paypal account
2) pax needs to enter the right email address onto the Vugo screen that is tied to their paypal account
3) pax needs to then open their paypal account by either going to that site directly or by going to their email that has a link to take them to their paypal account
4) pax finally needs to actually approve paying the paypal invoice.

All in all .....WAAAAYYYYY too many steps for any pax to actually follow thru with. This would be a miracle I even get one TIP where a pax has the decency to follow through the whole act. As it goes with the ads in San Diego its the same 5 or so ads on loop. This market seems to leave a lot to be desired. Just started this week using it and I have no idea when I will get paid by Vugo for my ad time spent. As their site is garbage when it comes to driver support.

As for the use of the app the Vugo app itself on the tablet is fairly well done. it locks them in the app so they cant fart around on the tablet and break stuff. If they click the links to get to know more about the ad or even to TIP you it has a time out session where it goes back to running ads if left on the same screen too long. This way if the pax is half way through something the ride ends you don't have to fart around with resetting the table app. Just drop in your next addy on your phone and go. The address drop on my phone on top of the Uber app is a thing that bothers me a bit. It takes multi-tasking to the extreme as you have to juggle the surroundings in the car, uber app, navigation and the Vugo app (i.e. start/stop rides).

I will say it helps being able to talk-to-text the address in the Vugo app but most of the time I'm just saying the town in San Diego and going. It would be cool if the Vugo app would provide a frequently traveled towns so you can just click the name and go like a list of favorites.....PB, Downtown, OB, PL, Encinitas and Carlsbad, etc.
Thanks for your feedback. We are listening and doing as much as we can to improve the application. Although we are limited in what we can do with the environment.

Vugo

I'd like to see an answer to this... it's a kinda big deal.

Wait a second... I have to manually enter the passenger's destination into Vugo? WTF? If it's hanging on my back headrest how am I supposed to do that?
With the driver application on your phone.

Vugo

Uses your tablet data plan. I can see this costing more than its worth real quick. Why not push a gig of ads to the tablet when its on wifi and store them locally? Then the tablet can update rides and what not mobile if need be.
This is actually what we advise drivers to do in our FAQs.
Are you still driving for Uber? Or us it FORMER driver?
James Bellefeuille still drives for Uber and has been a driver since 2013. Although much more of an occasional driver as Vugo takes up most of his time.