• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

VueBox: New way to earn cash while driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

VueBox

Past Sponsor
Hey Guys,

This is Alex and Ifi and we're ex-Uber drivers, and the co-founders of VueBox. We're here to share a new way to earn money while driving! As drivers we used to face a common problem: how can we create a better passenger experience and entertain our customers? We started giving our passengers an iPad with music, games, and shows. They loved it so much, and it improved our ratings and tips, so we decided to turn it into a business!

VueBox puts a free entertainment tablet in your vehicle and pays you $75 each month for driving with it, absolutely no cost to you! We partner with companies to show passengers interesting content. The companies pay us for promoting their brands and we share the revenue with the drivers.

The tablets are secure, yet quickly detachable so you can put them away when you are not rideshare driving! (see video in comments below)

We are launching across a trials program across LA, NYC, and SF this week, and are looking to partner with full-time drivers. We are running a limited-time, no security deposit offer during our launch for the first 300 drivers. We will send you the VueBox in the mail and all you have to do is put it in your car while you drive. At the end of the month, we'll mail you a check. It's that easy.

We're here to answer any questions you have. We have a limited number of tablets, so if you're interested, sign up here: www.vuebox.co

Thanks and welcome to the team!

-Alex & Ifi
VueBox

VueBox

Past Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
FAQ

What is a VueBox?

A VueBox is a device that sits on top of your car’s center console. It includes a tablet that streams content for your passengers' enjoyment.

How do I get one?
Submit your information via the link above. We will contact you and send you a fully equipped VueBox after reviewing your information. Make sure your car has a center console before submitting an application.

Where does it go in my car?
VueBox is secured to your center console using velcro straps. There will be no damage to your car.

Does it cost money?

Vuebox is free for drivers. We're not asking for a security-deposit for the first 300 drivers.

How does Vuebox make money?
Advertisers pay us to put their content on our tablets. We share the profits with you.

How do I make money?
We record the amount engagement we get on the VueBox tablet, and pay you accordingly. A driver who drives 40 hours per week typically makes between $75 and $125 per month.

How do I receive the money?

We will send you a check in the mail at the end of the month. If the testing goes well we will keep the VueBox with you, and pay you again the next month. We may ask you to return the VueBox, and we will send you a prepaid box to ship it back to us in the mail.

Am I responsible for damages?
You are not responsible for any damages or thefts caused by passengers. We only ask that you report any damages or thefts to Uber/Lyft. Just give us the Lyft/Uber case ID with the passenger’s Uber/Lyft information and we will work to replace your VueBox.

VueBox

Past Sponsor
Do you have a way of knowing if it's being used?
What if I have one but don't drive for a month?
Yes, we can track activity and usage on the tablet via our software - so if we know when the tablet is not being used. If we notice inconsistencies, we'll ask for a screenshot of your weekly rides to confirm.

VueBox

Past Sponsor
I'd do this over a dumb ass Cargo Box.....

What type of content is on the tablet?
We display news, games, shows, apps, and newly release products/technologies. The goal is to let passengers demo and experience interesting apps and content that they wouldn't find on their phones.

Cableguynoe

Yes, we can track activity and usage on the tablet via our software - so if we know when the tablet is not being used. If we notice inconsistencies, we'll ask for a screenshot of your weekly rides to confirm.
Is that payout the same for someone that drives 7 days a week and someone that drives one night a week.

VueBox

Past Sponsor
So if we're the 301st driver to sign up, we have to supply you with our CC information?
After the first ~300 drivers use your first month's earnings to cover the security deposit for the equipment. We return the security deposit when you want to stop using VueBox and send the VueBox back to us.

Is that payout the same for someone that drives 7 days a week and someone that drives one night a week.
During our pilot we are only accepting full time drivers. When we go live, you'll get paid based on how much you drive - the more you drive, the more you'll make.

Last edited:

uber-xxx

how much do you make per month per ipad? It seems like you are eager to adopt an uber
Model of not really paying the people who do the work to rep your product

any data to back up your claims of increased tips? Not saying its unlikely but its ubers exact model to make people think they will rake in the tips with water, mints or an ipad...

Not trying to troll but not a fan of firms taking advantage of drivers

VueBox

Past Sponsor
how much do you make per month per ipad? It seems like you are eager to adopt an uber
Model of not really paying the people who do the work to rep your product

any data to back up your claims of increased tips? Not saying its unlikely but its ubers exact model to make people think they will rake in the tips with water, mints or an ipad...

Not trying to troll but not a fan of firms taking advantage of drivers
We actually don't know how much we can make since we are still experimenting with our content and layouts. However, we understand that our business is more successful when we can maximize value for drivers. We are in fact eager to get drivers so we can quickly experiment in the LA market!

We did an LA test run and 2 of 5 drivers reported increased tips. We will have much more comprehensive data after the pilot :smiles:

somedriverguy

We actually don't know how much we can make since we are still experimenting with our content and layouts. However, we understand that our business is more successful when we can maximize value for drivers. We are in fact eager to get drivers so we can quickly experiment in the LA market!

We did an LA test run and 2 of 5 drivers reported increased tips. We will have much more comprehensive data after the pilot :smiles:
What people are more scared of happening is some nightmare like Firefly's (roof rack advertising that is illegal at LAX) payout system, where they have a daily, weekly, and monthly cap on what they will pay but the product will run 24/7 if you let it.

uberist

After the first ~300 drivers use your first month's earnings to cover the security deposit for the equipment. We return the security deposit when you want to stop using VueBox and send the VueBox back to us.
Something is missing here... you use the first months earnings to cover the deposit? Ok so that means I have your device already. Why do you need the deposit?

What happens if a pax steals the device? Does it come with a securty cable?

If it gets damaged by the pax whose on the hook for the cost of the damaged device?

What makes you think pax will be interested in watching a device packed full of ads rather then simply keep using the wonderful device they already have the face buried in 99% of their waking moments that doesnt have adds.

Last edited:

UberLaLa

FAQ

What is a VueBox?

A VueBox is a device that sits on top of your car’s center console. It includes a tablet that streams content for your passengers' enjoyment.

How do I get one?
Submit your information via the link above. We will contact you and send you a fully equipped VueBox after reviewing your information. Make sure your car has a center console before submitting an application.

Where does it go in my car?
VueBox is secured to your center console using velcro straps. There will be no damage to your car. Here is an video showing how it works: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1djSO_rrr6CiptF9YchEXgNohfiMpVsUj/view?usp=sharing

Does it cost money?

Vuebox is free for drivers. We're not asking for a security-deposit for the first 300 drivers.

How does Vuebox make money?
Advertisers pay us to put their content on our tablets. We share the profits with you.

How do I make money?
We record the amount engagement we get on the VueBox tablet, and pay you accordingly. A driver who drives 40 hours per week typically makes between $75 and $125 per month.

How do I receive the money?

We will send you a check in the mail at the end of the month. If the testing goes well we will keep the VueBox with you, and pay you again the next month. We may ask you to return the VueBox, and we will send you a prepaid box to ship it back to us in the mail.

Am I responsible for damages?
You are not responsible for any damages or thefts caused by passengers. We only ask that you report any damages or thefts to Uber/Lyft. Just give us the Lyft/Uber case ID with the passenger’s Uber/Lyft information and we will work to replace your VueBox.
Good idea, hope it takes off and goes well for you guys. One thing, I viewed the video and think simply having the security cable screw off & on, won't be that secure. You are going to need some type of actual locking system...imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.