VOTE: Will you keep working in 'Sauga, Brampton etc with your older car?

Will you now drive in 'Sauga, Brampton etc with your older vehicle?

• No, Im done.

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Yes, for sure.

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • I will try to get a newer car to keep working in Toronto.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I'd vote for Hillary

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Retox

So uber just confirmed that drivers with older cars can still work outside Toronto after the 15th of July. Whats your plan?

Bruce55

You sure about that? I asked the same question and I got a clear 'no' for any GTA driving. I hope you're right.
What exactly did they say to you?

Retox

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Check your app. Under home where the news are. I cant upload a screen shot for some reason.

biozon

Absolutely no sense to do this.

First of all, everyone knows there isn't much work in burbs.

Secondly, it would take people 30-40 minutes one way to get there from Toronto and 30-40 dead kms (one way).

Finally, great chance of taking people to Toronto borders and not being able to pick anyone up there, meaning heading back with dead miles.

I suspect some might try, but pretty soon figure out it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

One Star

Dropping off in Toronto isn't a problem, picking up is.
Anybody can drop off in Toronto anywhere as long as the fare originated outside the jurisdiction.
You don't have to leave them stranded at the border, hehe.

scott huston

Dropping off in Toronto isn't a problem, picking up is.
Anybody can drop off in Toronto anywhere as long as the fare originated outside the jurisdiction.
You don't have to leave them stranded at the border, hehe.
Yes but you do a pickup after, so it's always dead miles heading back.

citytypeofguy

Absolutely no sense to do this.

First of all, everyone knows there isn't much work in burbs.

Secondly, it would take people 30-40 minutes one way to get there from Toronto and 30-40 dead kms (one way).

Finally, great chance of taking people to Toronto borders and not being able to pick anyone up there, meaning heading back with dead miles.

I suspect some might try, but pretty soon figure out it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Brampton is good in the morings seems like. Many pings

Salman

Uber should do something that you will not get any request that is going outside the border of brampton or mississauga. That way you stay always within boundary the bounday.

Gill002

Guys, go east, not west. Oshawa and Whitby are amazing on Friday and Saturday evenings

Oshawa surges quite a bit and people aren't cheap there.
You'll like the crowd in the east more
That's where I drive until midnight then I go to downtown toronto

Token44

Uber should do something that you will not get any request that is going outside the border of brampton or mississauga. That way you stay always within boundary the bounday.
Never happen.
How will people get from those places to Toronto then?
Wait and hope there's a newer car that shows up near them?

Uber doesn't care that you have to burn tons of dead miles. That's not their problem.

You'll get the rides that you get and if you need to drive 20km empty afterwards that's on you.

Uber will simply day that if you don't want all of those dead miles you'll have to buy a newer car.

Jay Bal

How about Vaughan, Markham and Scarborough? Anyone knows about ?
Scarborough is part of Toronto. So you can not drive there. Markham Dead. hit or miss. I tried driving nights in friday and saturday nights in Markham dead. RichmoundHill Near High High 7 was busy last time I was there. Saturday Night

Bujee69

Guys, go east, not west. Oshawa and Whitby are amazing on Friday and Saturday evenings

Oshawa surges quite a bit and people aren't cheap there.
You'll like the crowd in the east more
That's where I drive until midnight then I go to downtown toronto
I don't know about that...... I live in Ajax and drive in Durham all night..... Oshawa is busier out of the rest of durham 100 % agree with that, but they are the cheapest of the cheap