• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

VOTE ? If there was a 3rd Rideshare Option that only took a 20% Flat Fee off the top would you quit Uber and Lyft?

Would you stop working for Lyft and Uber if there was a 3rd Rideshare Option that only took 20%?

• Total voters

gullett2006

if the volume was there if the pay was higher than Uber and Lyft and if the percentage would make you more money than the same ride that Uber and Lyft charges at the present if you could put more money in your pocket than Lyft or Uber at the present rate of the ride currently and if you could match or go above the price of uber and Lyft rides currently would you switch to a third party company that's how the question should have been worded meaning if everything matched Uber and Lyft and or was higher in the rate of pay per mile then the percentage would make sense that's why I voted yes because I know that if a company did come in and I had the opportunity to make more money based on looking at the price per mile compared to all three companies then I would drive for the new company but only if I could see that the percentage actually put more money in my pocket compared to Uber and Lyft percentage on current prices.
Post automatically merged:

if the volume was there... if the pay was higher than Uber and Lyft... and if the percentage would make you more money than the same ride that Uber and Lyft charges at the present... if you could put more money in your pocket than Lyft or Uber at the present rate of the ride currently ...and if you could match or go above the price of uber and Lyft rides currently would you switch to a third party company... that's how the question should have been worded meaning if everything matched Uber and Lyft and or was higher in the rate of pay per mile ...then the percentage would make sense that's why I voted yes... because I know that if a company did come in and I had the opportunity to make more money based on looking at the price per mile compared to all three companies.... then I would drive for the new company but only if I could see that the percentage actually put more money in my pocket compared to Uber and Lyft percentage on current prices.

Bonmot

What happens to your cut when the company offers discounts and incentives to riders to attract or reward them? Obviously such deductions from the fare should be made only after the driver's share has been calculated.

Wildgoose

20%? That would never ever happen. Uber and Lyft invested Database, Programming, Employees, Business Locations, Help Centers Equipment and stuffs. Those kinds of things are very expensive. Moreover, they do need to pay some profits to stock investors.
Plus Uber CEOs need millions dollar as their salaries :biggrin:
30% or 35% could be reasonable if they get rid of some locations and 1/2 of their employees at GLH. 50% of GLH employees are busy with sitting and chatting each others. :biggrin:

Stevie The magic Unicorn

20%? That would never ever happen. Uber and Lyft invested Database, Programming, Employees, Business Locations, Help Centers Equipment and stuffs. Those kinds of things are very expensive. Moreover, they do need to pay some profits to stock investors.
Plus Uber CEOs need millions dollar as their salaries :biggrin:
30% or 35% could be reasonable if they get rid of some locations and 1/2 of their employees at GLH. 50% of GLH employees are busy with sitting and chatting each others. :biggrin:
out of $275 i made last night the cab company got a mere $81 (29%) and they owned the car i used and were responsible for all maintenance.

Their shop,
Their car,
Their call center,
Their manager,
Their gas station (ok the gas station makes them money but whatever)
Their turkey money to the theme parks/hotels
Their executives
Their shareholders

Can you explain the difference please?

Wildgoose

out of $275 i made last night the cab company got a mere $81 (29%) and they owned the car i used and were responsible for all maintenance.

Their shop,
Their car,
Their call center,
Their manager,
Their executives
Their shareholders

Fares rate they charge to riders. There is where you make more on % than Uber/Lyft.

Last edited:

gooddolphins

I think rideshare should be setup like AIRbnb. Have all the drivers pics of themselves and their cars and pax would go to a website and choose which drivers they want. When I go on AIRbnbs website I scroll through the locations until I find one I like.

waldowainthrop

I think rideshare should be setup like AIRbnb. Have all the drivers pics of themselves and their cars and pax would go to a website and choose which drivers they want. When I go on AIRbnbs website I scroll through the locations until I find one I like.
Pretty nice for people who look or present like me. Pretty crap for many who don’t. Airbnb is a different story since you’re getting a house or room and not a person with a name, a look, an ethnicity, and a gender. Yes there are the hosts too, but many Airbnbs don’t require interacting with the hosts much.

I’d drive that service since a lot of people would pick me but they would be wrong to overlook others who provide just as good service.

I kind of like the “favoriting” drivers deal that’s coming to Uber in California because then the passenger preference is based more on an experience and less on implicit bias or explicit prejudice.

doyousensehumor

Their shop,
Their car,
Their call center,
Their manager,
Their executives
Their shareholders

And the taxi company made a profit too 🤷‍♂️
Probably more than 1/4 of your pax tipped too.

gooddolphins

Pretty nice for people who look or present like me. Pretty crap for many who don’t. Airbnb is a different story since you’re getting a house or room and not a person with a name, a look, an ethnicity, and a gender. Yes there are the hosts too, but many Airbnbs don’t require interacting with the hosts much.

I’d drive that service since a lot of people would pick me but they would be wrong to overlook others who provide just as good service.

I kind of like the “favoriting” drivers deal that’s coming to Uber in California because then the passenger preference is based more on an experience and less on implicit bias or explicit prejudice.
I used to be a Airbnb host. It’s according what type of Airbnb you run. I had constant contact with the customers.

waldowainthrop

I used to be a Airbnb host. It’s according what type of Airbnb you run. I had constant contact with the customers.
I’m not saying it doesn’t matter. I’m saying who you appear to be affects how people perceive you as a driver. Hosts can get away with being “different” from expectations and their guests are usually less worried about getting physically harmed or otherwise put at risk by their hosts compared to passengers by their drivers.