• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Vomit on the rise.

Nicholas Nolan

Someone vomited in my car last night, all on the side and a little inside, for me to clean. Week before, someone puked all over them sleeves leaving a nice trail for me to clean. 2 weeks before that, driving lyft, vomit. Vomit, vomit, vomit. It’s every other week now. I now hug the right lane while looking over my shoulder in pure agony hoping the bandits don’t strike! All for a total time spent at car washed and cleaning, no joke, these last few weeks over 4 hours. Profit actually made, 15 dollars! Last year it wasn’t a problem. Because everyone would get charged at least 100/150. Now...no no no. Show us the receipt and we’ll pay just that and a couple...not a few, not many, a couple dollars over that. When it always happens late night when we’re stuck actually cleaning it, while a car wash profits? It’s unfair and hopefully you all feel my pain, humiliation, and stomach pins cleaning a strangers vomit knowing it’s for nothing now. And for what, for a massive company’s trying too...idk save face? The moneys late night. Passengers should ride at their own risk and handle their liquor if they don’t want to be charged a 100 dollars for their immaturity. Uber’s a great job it’s fun and it’s clearly way better than lyft and I hope they will take this issue seriously instead of send us through robot responses. Like/repost if you agree.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Are you closely evaluating your pax? I refuse to unlock my doors to people who's friends have to carry them to my car. Likewise the stumblers. If they are looking like they can't handle themselves I drive off and cancel. Forget the fee. Loss of a cancel fee is worth it to me rather than have someone throw up in my car. In my 3 years driving, no one ever has. (That may also be to the hardship I promised would befall them if they threw up in my car) but when I heard that "weh...weh.." sound, I let it be known that shit was not happening in my car! They threw up out my window or out my open door, but never in my car.

Nicholas Nolan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you closely evaluating your pax? I refuse to unlock my doors to people who's friends have to carry them to my car. Likewise the stumblers. If they are looking like they can't handle themselves I drive off and cancel. Forget the fee. Loss of a cancel fee is worth it to me rather than have someone throw up in my car. In my 3 years driving, no one ever has. (That may also be to the hardship I promised would befall them if they threw up in my car) but when I heard that "weh...weh.." sound, I let it be known that shit was not happening in my car! They threw up out my window or out my open door, but never in my car.
Maybe I’m unlucky, cause it’s always the people that seem normal then all the sudden they give no warning or the warning is too late and their barely making it to the window. I’m also hard on that “AYE, that ain’t hAPpEnIN fool”
Post automatically merged:

Welcome aboard. As soon as there is a shortage of drivers Uber will treat drivers more fairly regarding cleaning fees.
We all gotta organize “the vomit ‘strikes’ back” Everyone needs in though or it doesn’t work

Cold Fusion

Someone vomited in my car last night, for me to clean. Week before, someone puked all over them sleeves for me to clean. 2 weeks before that, driving lyft, vomit. Vomit, vomit, vomit
I suspect you’re Missing your Real calling in life

Last edited:

Dekero

Someone vomited in my car last night, all on the side and a little inside, for me to clean. Week before, someone puked all over them sleeves leaving a nice trail for me to clean. 2 weeks before that, driving lyft, vomit. Vomit, vomit, vomit. It’s every other week now. I now hug the right lane while looking over my shoulder in pure agony hoping the bandits don’t strike! All for a total time spent at car washed and cleaning, no joke, these last few weeks over 4 hours. Profit actually made, 15 dollars! Last year it wasn’t a problem. Because everyone would get charged at least 100/150. Now...no no no. Show us the receipt and we’ll pay just that and a couple...not a few, not many, a couple dollars over that. When it always happens late night when we’re stuck actually cleaning it, while a car wash profits? It’s unfair and hopefully you all feel my pain, humiliation, and stomach pins cleaning a strangers vomit knowing it’s for nothing now. And for what, for a massive company’s trying too...idk save face? The moneys late night. Passengers should ride at their own risk and handle their liquor if they don’t want to be charged a 100 dollars for their immaturity. Uber’s a great job it’s fun and it’s clearly way better than lyft and I hope they will take this issue seriously instead of send us through robot responses. Like/repost if you agree.
Go online find a receipt making app... Create your own cleaning company. With a Google phn number... Create a receipt for $200 submit that.... And then F Uber/Lyft.... They wanna play games.... Then let's play games....

doyousensehumor

Where are you finding these pukers? The easiest way to find the puker here is to work the ASU area. and those underage House Parties are the best spots

Last edited:

UberTrent9

Welcome aboard. As soon as there is a shortage of drivers Uber will treat drivers more fairly regarding cleaning fees.
Lmao! They'll NEVER run out of drivers
Post automatically merged:

Stop driving drunk people around until LyUber gets the message to pay better for it. I usually get annoyed being out after 9PM and by 10-10:30PM I go home just to avoid the stress of drunks.

The pay we get is not worth it. Maybe if they paid $2 a mile, but not the sub $1 per mile that they offer now.
I used to love the 2am-6amish runs, thankfully no one's yacked in my car. I stopped picking up @ bars, saves this from happening

tohunt4me

Attachments

Dekero

you are not supposed to give rides to drunks due to the change in policy.

"Uber used to charge passengers a flat $250 vomit fee, but it recently modified its service-charge process. Now, the penalties for purging range from $25 to $150.Jul 21, 2017"
Just another way they bs us out of what we r due... When it happens to me next.. I'm making my own company up and creating a receipt for $250 and submitting it. They wanna play games... I'll play games...

IMMA DRIVER

Pro Tips:
  • know what get's you the most for a cleaning fee. There needs to be significant amounts of vomit or there needs to be vomit in either the door handle opening area, door jams or window jams for them to pay $150.
  • know the warning signs. The #1 sign is when a pax says "I need air" or they roll the window down. That's when you immediately pull over and wait for them to puke. And they will.
  • As someone stated earlier. Adjust your driving. Most pukers are puking due to motion sickness. Slow down, watch bumps, go slow around curves and constantly ask the pax if they feel ok.... no matter what they say.
  • Have at least one barf bag in your car. They may puke outside and then need to puke again without warning. Give them the barf bag just in case.
  • If they do puke in your car.....Clean immediately. Clean, clean, clean. Then get up in the morning and clean some more. You can't clean enough.
  • passengers often appear normal outside but queezy inside. I monitor the behavior of every pax after 12 midnight very carefully before they enter my vehicle.

R3drang3r

You are a glutton for punishment. That's why I don't drive nights any more.