Volkswagen Routan

Spotscat

I'm thinking about retiring the Navigator and buying a minivan to use for Uber XL service. One of the local dealers has a Routan for sale at a reasonable price, but I know nothing about them.

Does anyone have any experience with the Routan? Any information either good or bad about them?

Uber Crack

Author
I'm thinking about retiring the Navigator and buying a minivan to use for Uber XL service. One of the local dealers has a Routan for sale at a reasonable price, but I know nothing about them.

Does anyone have any experience with the Routan? Any information either good or bad about them?
I don't know why that did a reply. But since I have you here, how come your font is blue and everyone else's is black?

Last edited:

UberDez

I use to have a Honda Odyssey as a work van and when someone hit it I had a Routan as a rental . Probably the best mini van I've ever driven , the Honda had more power , but the VW was just set up really smart . I enjoyed the van for the couple weeks we used it .

tohunt4me

Does it come with the famous Volkswagon T.D.I. engine ?

I don't know why that did a reply. But since I have you here, how come your font is blue and everyone else's is black?
Special Font for Special Members !

UberDez

Hmmm... thanks for that little tidbit of info!

I wonder which is the better vehicle - the Chrysler or the VW?

I've never driven the Chrysler T&C but I have driven the Grand Caravan and the VW was the better of the two cars .

I should have clarified my statement
The VW had a much nicer ride and seemed to handle better the interior was also much nicer . Also it's a better brand so you get the better badge lol

Mold Pro

We have a 2011 with 61 K on it it has been great low maintenance its for sale kids are grown mini van days are over we loved it

ShinyAndChrome

It is more a t&c than it isn't. If at the right price it is probably a good vehicle for this. The navigator is way too expensive a car for it, especially on x rides!

mytheq63

A friend of mine has a Routan and absolutely despises it, mainly because it has not been reliable at all. They have had numerous electrical issues with it, the dealer had it for 7 weeks and couldn't figure out what was wrong. Maybe he has a lemon though.

P.S. He bought it new because it was a good deal.

UberDez

They are exactly the same vehicle. There are no mechanical differences.

That's not true they're 90% the same vehicle but they have different suspension, interior is nicer than the GC as well as a better looking exterior . They also seem to have more sound deadening since the vw seems to be a little more quiet