Visiting NYC and would like to Uber

Inshur

Uber_Syd8

G'day
Am a driver "partner" from Sydney and will be visiting NYC in Aug.
Just wanted to get a heads up from fellow drivers about rider etiquette in NYC

Some specific questions :
- will be travelling with wife and 2 daughters, age 19 and 3. Are there any issues with 4 riders and does my 3 year old need a child booster/safety seat to ride ?
- what do we need to to re pickup locations ? Any that are off limits ?
- Can we Uber from the airports and will luggage be an issue ?
- any tips on what we need to do as riders and to get around ?

Thanks

Yuriel G

Hi,

Welcome to New York!
Yes u can uber from and to the airports. Kids are not required to have car seats in uber cars. You can request an uber carseat car that comes with a carseat for safety purposes. It cost an extra $10. There is no issue with 4 riders. You can request an uber anywhere in New York City & its surrounding suburbs.

Uber_Syd8

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys

Just a few other questions
- does the rider app have an option to request a car seat then. Assume I will need to download a US version of the rider app as the Australian version doesnt have this feature.
- are there any zones that are off limits to pickups eg. in Sydney, we generally dont pick up from bus zones, no stopping areas,

Lenny_yellow_cab

Thanks guys

Just a few other questions
- does the rider app have an option to request a car seat then. Assume I will need to download a US version of the rider app as the Australian version doesnt have this feature.
- are there any zones that are off limits to pickups eg. in Sydney, we generally dont pick up from bus zones, no stopping areas,
There is no need to download new app because its the same app all over the world.

Once u're in NYc u will notice that it'll be dofferent from ur home. There is an option that u cab pick that says "car seat".

nyc321

Welcome to NY Syd, I think it would be a good idea to order a Uber XL
like a Toyota Sienna and yes they can pick up at all the Airports here and
in the city as well no restrictions, and there's a promo going on where you
get $30 off your first ride and every 10th ride is free but you need a capital one
credit card....there might be other promos too that I am not aware
off but someone here might be able to let us know, and LYFT has
$50 off 10 rides offer once you download and sign up, there's also
Juno which just started it might have great offers as well could be
worth it to download that and check, and we here drive for all of these
apps so it does not matter which one you choose lol and because you
are also in the business letting you know the best options :wink:

Montgomery

Welcome to NYC. I think everyone has answered your questions. If you are concerned about bus stops, yes drivers here aren't supposed to pull over at bus stops or "no standing" areas (red signs with white letters). PAX here don't care about that so we have to ninja our way to them. It is a nice gesture if you are mindful of those when requesting. And the best tip I can give you that hasn't been said is to remember to tip your driver. Enjoy your time here mate. :smiles:

Last edited:
Inshur New York