• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Visited Vegas this last weekend

Ajaywill

Took a couple of trips while I was in town, both Uber and Lyft.

I mentioned to each of the drivers that I was a driver in Phoenix and we compared notes on our experiences.

I had one driver mention to me that he knew full time drivers (10-12 hours a day) that were "easily" making $1500 a week. I took that with a grain of salt.....

Was he full of it?

gsx328

Ive had drivers tell me this too. Who are these imbeciles? Even if it were true, which its clearly not, why would you advertise this to pax.

Ive had pax not believe me when i tell them what drivers actually make out here because they had some ret*rd who told them he makes 2k a week

TransporterX

I mentioned to each of the drivers that I was a driver in Phoenix and we compared notes on our experiences.

I had one driver mention to me that he knew full time drivers (10-12 hours a day) that were "easily" making $1500 a week. I took that with a grain of salt.....

Was he full of it?
Yes it's true. I'm one of them :smiles:

1974toyota

Was he full of it?
maybe he has a side gig delivering "STUFF" while ubering?????????????? JMO

Uberisfuninlv

Yes that sounds about right. Figure around $1 per mile you drive. 8 hours a day x 7 is 55 hours. With tips and hitting both quests it is possible. But it’s a lot of work and wear and tear. Gas and maintenance/repairs will eat a big chunk of your profit down the road.

KenLV

Yes it's true. I'm one of them :smiles:
I would hope so, after all, you're doing Select.

I'd wager that the OP was taking X rides at best.

In that case, the problem is that while you can certainly gross over $20/hour with tips on X (I do) you can't do it consistently for 10-12 hours a day, 7 days a week, week in, week out.

You have to pick and choose what hours/events/etc... to drive.

I find that maybe 6 hours a day are $20+ hours.

The rest, well, they're crap.

So like Whoomp there it is said, $10/hr gross for a 10-12 hour/day is more likely.

With that kind of driving you’re also sure to get a fair share of kickbacks too. I probably average 5-10 dispensary runs and the occasional strip club/massage parlor ride each week. $1500 doesn’t actually sound so hard if you’re willing to grind.

KenLV

With that kind of driving you’re also sure to get a fair share of kickbacks too. I probably average 5-10 dispensary runs and the occasional strip club/massage parlor ride each week. $1500 doesn’t actually sound so hard if you’re willing to grind.
5-10 dispensary runs each week? That seems high. (No pun intended)

Uberman123456

I'm sure there are a couple of drivers that have really great personalities and a lot of hustle that do much better than average.

That being said, those people would also probably be making 3x more as a gaming bartender and 10x more if they were in corporate sales.

Uber is ok, but not great.