Virginia Beach

Uber_duber

I'm a DC driver going down to Virginia Beach for the weekend. Since I seem to be able to Uber Northern Virginia, I'm under the assumption I can do all of Virginia. It would be nice to make a little extra money while I'm down there.

Uber_duber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just want to know that I'm allowed and able to. I don't want to hear about whether I should or shouldn't to because of...

nutzareus

$2k a week at $0.67/mile you looking at over 1300 miles... of driving.. lmao.

Good luck with that.. bruh cough cough...

BONG!!!
Uber loves drivers like Uber_duber who can't do math. He wants to gross $2,000? Assuming ZERO dead miles that's 3,000 miles of paid fares. Add another 1,500 deadhead miles that's 4,500 miles. IRS says it's $0.54 per mile for standard deduction, so that's $430 net loss on his 1040 return ($2,000 - $2,430 = -$430) Driving at anything less than $1 per mile you are paying passengers to drive....

Last edited:

nutzareus

You can drive down there, I turn on the app just for giggles with my DC driver account when I travel to Williamsburg for work just to see if it works. Of course it does, but once again why would ANYONE drive for $0.67 per mile? After 20-25% commission you are giving away money.

Super G

You can. I got board on my vacation and did it. Very low rates. Sometimes the surge was 4.9x, but still didn't hardly pay what I was used to.